Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #1  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Default Thin to fat to thin--changes in your body?

When I was ~130lbs in early high school, I had a round belly button and a pretty flat tummy. As I gained weight, I noticed my belly button piercing didn't look nice anymore (did it ever?), took the thing out, and didn't really give it another thought. Eventually I got up to 180lbs and didn't see my belly button for a while as it was enveloped in a fat roll, lol. I worked my way back down again to roughly where I was in the middle of high school when I still had a pretty nice belly button. Except now, it's just a flat little crease like it's collapsed in on itself. Did this happen to anybody else?

What are changes you've noticed in your body, if you've been a lower weight, then gained, and now are back to that lower weight? Are you wearing a smaller dress size bc you've been working out? On the plus side for me, my boobs are bigger now than the last time I was at this weight.

Last edited by forestroad; 11-11-2009 at 01:11 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #2  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

I've noticed that since I work out much more I'm much more "toned" and "slimmer" than I was the last time I was at this weight (or around this weigh, I don't exactly remember being this weight lol). For example, the last time I was in this weight vicinity I was a size 16, and now I'm between a 14 and a 12 depending on where I go. I now have knees and collar bones and elbows that really jut out and wrist bones and nicer looking ankles. I don't really have a double chin anymore.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm definitely in a smaller size, but that's because sizes have changed so much. I was working out before when I was slim, so that's not why. However, since this is the 20-Somethings forum, you all may not be going back as far to compare Still, I'm only comparing back 10 years, and now I'm wearing a size 6 at about 135#, where 10 years ago I wore a size 8 and was approaching a size 10.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #4  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Platform- that is awesome that you've been able to change your body composition, and bodes well for maintenance!!

Julie- yeah the last time I was 135 was probably 2001, so not quite ten years ago, and I was wearing an 8-10 as well...now I'm wearing an 8 but have 6s in some clothes too. However, in high-end designer labels, I don't think the sizing has changed much bc I'm still a 10 (30) in 7 For All Mankind jeans.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #5  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

Its crazy how sizes can be totally different on people. Right now I am 146-147 and I can get into my 4's just fine. At 135-138 (in 2006-07) I was able to get into a 0 from Express but was loosely fitting and comfortably in a size 2. I just have a lot of muscle so I assume and been told thats why the scale # is higher compared to my size in clothes. Its so crazy to me!! I have a pair of jeans that I would luv to get into and I could of sworn when I was 145-146 they fit me good but now they are snugggg....I guess its the older I get the wider my hips branch out...lol
bablou00 is offline   Reply With Quote