Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #1  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Default Where are you most excited to shop?

If you're anything like me, you've got tons of wish lists awaiting you when you reach your goal. Where are you most excited to shop when you reach goal?

For me, I'm really excited to shop at my favorite stores - American Eagle and Charlotte Russe. I'm also looking forward to fitting properly into clothes from Forever 21 and Hollister (clearance only, I don't need to pay an arm and a leg for a pair of socks, jeez!). I have dreams about going shopping and actually buying what I want to buy from stores I love!

What kind of clothes are you looking forward to wearing? I've never been a fan of wearing basic long sleeve (form fitting) shirts, such as sweaters or henleys, but I want to wear them at goal!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I can't wait to be able to get panties at Victoria Secrets (I know they technically have some "bigger" sizes...but their big is pretty darn small on me!). I would also love to shop at Hollister and American Eagle and Banana Republic...

I'm probably most looking forward to wearing tanks and short sleeves. I haven't worn short sleeves in public in like three years!

We're getting there! Yay!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/129

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm. I wanna get some low-rise jeans once my belly fat comes off. I feel like a grandma in my just-below-the-waist ones. And I want to get a curve-fitting top for once, not a thick sweater or something big and flowy. See, I can't wear thin, clingy fabrics because they accentuate how chubby I am round the middle... And I will finally get a swimsuit that I LIKE, and didn't just randomly buy because I couldn't stand looking at my half-dressed form in the mirror any longer!
TheWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #4  
Mary

Me too Wildcat, I can't wait to get a pair of skinny jeans! I have skinny jeans from before, but they never really looked right.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have a pair of designer jeans that I love...they make my butt look good (when at goal only)....I would wear it with a form fitting tshirt that is a bit long...this look makes my waist look very small so I look like I have an hourglass figure. However, the only caveat is that when I lose weight, my boobies get very tiny...right now, I'm a D, but when I'm slim, I'm a small B...completely unfair!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

ThickNPretty - have you tried various styles of Victoria's Secret underwear? I love their underwear and have been wearing them since I was 290 lbs.

For me, I hate shopping these days. Shopping used to be easy when I only had 1 or 2 stores to choose from. Shopping now is confusing, stressful and really something I want to avoid at all costs. I do most of my shopping online as I start to feel panicky when I go into a store.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I just wanted to be able to go into any store and buy normal size ctothing. None of those fat lady shops for me !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

@platformnine:

You know, I shop at Forever 21 and I'm like a 14-16. And I wear their "normal" clothes, aka not plus-size. You can totally shop there, you don't need to be skinny. in fact, most of my wardrobe is from there.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #9  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Oh man, Charlotte Russe is at the top of my list. I LOVE almost everything in that store. American Eagle, too -- I never wear clingy sweaters because it accentuates my belly, but once I'm at goal I will love to be able to buy some!!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #10  
Mary

Sunflower - Nope, I've never been able to find one thing I like in the store (or online) that fits me Soon though! I just ordered something on clearance (they have GREAT clearance prices!) and I'm hoping it will fit
Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #11  
Healthy is Beautiful

See...I wondered about VS stuff before because one of my girlfriends who was a little heavier than me had some panties from there, but every time I've gone in there, I've only seen sizes up to XL. I bought a pair once and they were SNUG and not flattering...I'm a panty girl, too, so if my panties don't look cute, I feel oogly.

I'm gonna check it out though for sure! Maybe it's just my local store that doesn't have the wider range of stuff....

Oh, I forgot...Gadzooks and Wet Seal too!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #12  
Mary

Thicknpretty - Have you tried Aerie? It's by American Eagle, but it's basically a mix of Victoria Secret/Pink and sometimes the prices are much better and they are ALWAYS having good sales Charlotte Russe also has some good lingerie/under garments. My favorite bra right now is from Charlotte Russe and it was only $8.00!!!!

Last edited by platformnine; 11-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Charlotte Russe pants fit better than most anything else in the whole friggin' mall! I love that the place is so cheap! I also adore their jewelry. Here everything is 2 for $8. I love so many of my bangles and things from them!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #14  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think I didn't answer that quite correctly. I would really like to shop at BCBG. I think their clothes are sooooo cute! I used to shop there and, in fact, I have a gorgeous dress in my close that I have only worn once in the short time when I was at my goal...I can't wait to wear it and I can't wait to go there and buy something subtly sexy!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #15  
Healthy is Beautiful

One of my coworkers loves Charlotte Russe. I had never heard of it before...but now I see that it's pretty popular...I think I might check it out! It's funny because Charlotte Russe actually replaced the Lane Bryant in our mall (location wise, anyway...LB is never far away!)