Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #1  
On my way back to me

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking Hi, I'm new.

My name is Christa. I need to lose 95 pounds, and I am a chronic binger. I have had "Day 1" re-start every day for the past year. I am just getting fatter, and fatter, and I need help. I don't know how to stop binging.

Anyway, I am determined to FINALLY get this started.

Hi. I'll be around.
ChristaP516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Christa. I also have struggled with binge eating. It's a tough road but it can be overcome.

If you can afford counseling, I highly recommend it. If not, you will have to work through whatever emotions and issues are the the base of your binge eating. But in the meanwhile, don't put off starting! Start right now... do something. Count calories, Weight Watchers, whatever will help you start to get control. Throw out the junk and start eating more vegetables. You can do this.

Lots of great people here will be supportive! Stick around.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #3  
On my way back to me

Thanks! I have 5 kids. 5 year old daughter, 4 year old son, and 21 month old triplets.

More than anything, I don't have much time to go to counseling (though I think it would be beneficial). A LOT of my binge eating is stress. I don't have much support, and my husband works a lot...so I eat for comfort.

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by ChristaP516; 11-08-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, Christa! Just wanted to chime in that I've also struggled forever with binge eating. Counseling has helped me too, but it's really about finding other outlets for your emotions/stress than food and then proving to yourself that you can take back the control by getting a few good days under your belt, then a few good weeks, months, etc.

That said, I can't imagine the stress that comes with being a mom to 5 kids, 3 of them under age two. You are a hero in my book!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #5  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

Welcome!! Good luck if I can do it anybody can. I had horrible eating habits and just got bigger and bigger until i didnt reconizie myself. I believe you can do it and all the ladies here are a wonderful support system so take advantage of them lol in a good way!!
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #6  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to the group! I know you will find a lot of support here.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'2

Hello. Im new here. I just weighed myself and became very dissapointed to see that my weight is the highest its ever been. I want to lose weight but cant afford things like a gym membership right now. I try to eat right but seeing as I dont buy my own food right now its very hard. I would appreciate tips and support on staying motivated and how to eat the right kind of meals and snacks. Thanks in advance.
danni22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaP516 View Post
My name is Christa. I need to lose 95 pounds, and I am a chronic binger. I have had "Day 1" re-start every day for the past year. I am just getting fatter, and fatter, and I need help. I don't know how to stop binging.

Anyway, I am determined to FINALLY get this started.

Hi. I'll be around.
I lost 130lbs with three boys, age 7,9,12. I know it's more difficult with such small kiddos. but, you are in control of what food passes their lips and they are young enough to accept whatever you choose (well,it's easier, maybe not easy at first). And since your husband works all the time, is he even home for dinner? If you can get one whole day under your belt you are on your way. But, you have to commit to writing down your menus ahead of time and sticking to them like glue; to some small attempt at exercise whenever you can; and not stressing about your actual weight. Just keep on keepin on and it will come off.

If you can manage to get away one night a week you could try Overeaters Anonymous. they are fairly intense and don't focus on food but on abstaining from compulsive overeating. Look online for locations.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 11-09-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Christa and welcome to 3FC. You have come to a place where you will get TONS of support. I hope you feel right at home.

I have a history of chronic binge eating for many years, but mine got WAY worse after my kids were born when I was struggling with little kids and a very demanding job that left me exhausted all the time.

My binge eating was so bad that I had reached a point in my life when I figured I'd live with it forever-- that I'd be an old lady shoveling double stuff oreos down my throat.

But, in the last six months I haven't binged one single time.

I did not attend counseling, but I did finally realize that I can not live on the cusp of my breaking point all the time.

Your kids need you and they need you healthy.

Just like everyone else said: take control by making a plan and sticking to it for one day, and keep coming here every single day as many times as you need to.

Not only can you do this, but you MUST. I wish I had supportive people around ten years ago when my kids were really little to help me through.

We will help you if you make the committment. Just know that it's very possible and you CAN do it if you really want to.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #10  
On my way back to me

Default Thank you!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice! I look forward to joining you.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #11  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hello and welcome. You can do this and we will all be here to help you as much as we can. I will say again what the other chicks have said - plan, plan, plan. At first I had to actually prepare my food ahead, put it in tupperwares or ziplocs, and label it monday breakfast, monday morning snack, monday lunch, monday afternoon snack, and so on. Once it becomes a routine it will be easier. For some people it is never easy, but it will be easier. I don't have to pack all my food and label it anymore, but I do plan my meals ahead of time. Take it one day at a time for now. Since you would have a hard time scheduling in some counseling you might consider overeaters anonymous. I'm not sure where you are, but if you aren't in a very rural area you can probably find meetings at all different times during the week.

As for the lack of support - you've got it now, 3FC is full of support. You are not alone and you are strong enough to do this.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome to our little home on the web! I don't have any "binging" words of advice... but I'm here if you have any questions what so ever
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #13  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

How I stopped binging:

- Got all the trigger foods and other junk out of the house.
- Accepted that I ate because it made me feel better.
- Realised that I only feel better whilst I was eating, and actually felt worse as soon as I stopped.
- Learned to recognise the impulse to binge.
- Learned to determine why I want to binge.
- Learned how to address the real issue instead of trying to drown the feelings in food.
- Learned how to stop half way through a binge and mitigate the calorific damage.
- Learned how to pick myself up after a binge and not feel so ashamed that I gave up.
- Realised that it was OK to treat myself without using food.

Now your psychology may be different, but essentially, I was eating because there was an emotion or situation that I couldn't deal with, and eating made me feel better. The list above is the steps I've had to take to stop medicating myself with food.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #14  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Christa!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #15  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

And welcome of course! Totally forgot to say that. This is a great place to hang out.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote