PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 11:07 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Headaches; Gluc XR

Has anybody on Gluc XR had headaches? I have been taking a week or so, and have had a mild headache off and on over the last 3 days, but have had one now for about 36 hours straight..
Old 08-02-2002, 02:57 PM   #2  

I have plenty of headaches, but never really tied them to the Gluc. Something to think about I guess. Do you think it could be anything else?

Hope your feeling better now..

Old 08-05-2002, 10:14 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

The only thing I can think of would be sinus headaches, but I don't feel very congested. The big one didn't come back, but I do get small and brief ones a few times a week, still.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:36 PM   #4  

Angry Glucophage XR

Hi Jennifer, I am so happy I found you and your sister's website! (Is Amy still involved? I found your site a couple of months ago and was following her journal and see she hasn't posted anything in awhile) I usually post under the dieting with health problems, since I'm a type II diabetic since the end of February, but there's a lot of correlation between PCOS and the insulin resistance in type II's. I'm on 2000 glucophage XR -1000 in am and 1000 pm- I had headaches in the first week, but the main side effect I had to live with at first was with the gastro issues (I was going to get a bumper sticker that said get out of my way, I'm on Glucophage!) but like the literature says, it improves after a couple of weeks. Hope it helps you out! I'm like a lot of you doing the Insulin Resistance Diet. I try to keep my am and lunch dinners to no more than 45 carbs with some protein and dinner more around 30 so that I can fit in a bedtime snack (1/2 carbs 1/2 protein) so that the sugar levels stay even during the night. Glucophage is supposed to help you lose weight too! I lost 25 pds after being diagnosed with the diabetes and am trying for another 20 jus to help things out. Good talking with you. I tell everyone about this website!

Thanks,

Pamela

Pam
Old 08-07-2002, 09:20 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Ha! A bumper sticker like that would be hysterical. I am having very little problems with XR so far. However, I am only on 500 a day right now! I will start with 1000 tomorrow. I actually should have done 1000 today but I forgot. D'oh! My headaches are mostly gone, except for the tension ones. Those still happen quite a bit.

Great job on the weight loss! How long have you been doing the Insulin Resistance Diet?
Old 08-08-2002, 09:03 AM   #6  

Angry

I didn't even know about the Insulin Resistance Diet until I saw the posts under the PCOS thread...Cutting down carbs is just a natural when you are type II. I didn't even think I would have qualified as having been PCOS until I started looking more into eveyone's emails and stories. Think I probably qualified. I'm going to ask my dr. when I see her again in fall sometime. One of my co-workers was just diagnosed as PCOS 2 days ago. She's got major infertility issues and wants to get pregnant really bad. She's going on vacation and when she gets back, she's going to start on glucophage herself.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:07 AM   #7  

Well, amongst the headaches and other assorted after effects, all I can say is this rots! I have been suffering a major bout of #2 issues and I've put myself back on 500mg per day just to give my body a chance to relax! I'm not too sure that such a high dosage (doc has me on 1500mg per day) is really helping me, rahter hurting me! The good news is that I can report weight loss, something I ahd desperately been trying to do low carbing and it just wasn't coming off fast enough. Glad to say that now it is!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:19 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Hey Pooky, how long have you been on the Gluc? I posted some stuff on yesterday's LC daily, you might have read that by now.

Pamela, good luck on the Insulin Resistance Diet. Keep us posted!
Closed Thread