Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 10:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Mad At Myself. (Again!)

Well, mad, frustrated, stressed. You ladies know what I mean. I've been eating ALL day long.

What I can remember:
Shake, Brownies(probably about 8 throughout the day), Mexican Casserole, French Bread Pizza, Milk, Peanut Butter, Beef Jerky, and Cheese (1 serving). If I thought, it would probably be more!!!
Definitely no exercise today. VERY Sedentary. I have no idea what's going on with me. I've been eating horribly for about the past week. I bet I've gained 5 pounds.

Please tell me how to get back on track. Motivate me or somethin'... I'm just wondering where all of my motivation went???

Thanks you guys. You're always such a big help!!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 12:08 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi, HH! There's a thread started for motivational quotes that's started to go a little beyond just quotes with some neat motivating things posted. Dunno, maybe that'll help?

Sounds like you had a tough day. Tomorrow will be better!
Old 07-31-2002, 03:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Happy, we all have those out of control days. Don't let them discourage you. Sometimes what helps me when I'm having one of those days is to...

1. Get out of the house. Go for a walk, go to a bookstore & browse, walk around the mall, etc...
2. Force myself to get naked in front of a mirror before eating. This may sound odd, but if you eat naked in front of a mirror, it's not so much fun. As Jerry Seinfeld said, there's good naked and there's bad naked. Eating naked in front of a mirror is definitely bad naked (at least for me it is)!

Tomorrow, get up, get goin', exercise, drink lots of water & do your best to control your food intake. Good luck!

Julie
Old 07-31-2002, 11:21 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Thumbs up I'm mad at myself too.....

I've been feeling out of control with many bad days in a row. I know all the right things to do but yet ??? am I doing them, no. I don't want to say I've been around the block, but......a couple of years ago I lost almost 35 lbs and now I've gained that back plus a few extra. I joined ww's in Jan and only lost 11 lbs in 15 wks. That truly was a strong effort on my part but I felt disscouraged to only have lost that much when others who joined the same time lost 25-30 lbs. Which lead me to believe that it just had to be me!! Anyway, with feelings of failure I've let things slid, and feel there's no light at the end of the tunnel. Does this make any sense and sound familiar? I am trying to get motivated but it is such a struggle. I am happily married with a great and supportive husband (who has truly seen me +/- lbs) have 2 great children. It seems I still can't get my act together weight wise. I know tommorow is another day and hopefully it will be the day to break the cycle. Good luck with your day.

Old 07-31-2002, 11:53 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Angel-Eyes: Miss seeing your posts ... hope you are back!

Might I point out that NO one loses weight more slowly than I do! Really. I'm the tortoise to everyone else's hare. But even the tortoise gets there in the end and more importantly, does not turn around and go back to the starting point and walk away from the race. So I comfort myself with that!

But really, eleven pounds in 15 weeks is more than a pound a week. If you did that for a year, you'd disappear! So I think you should congratulate yourself and realize that you've ALREADY broken the cycle.

Sorry to preach ... it's a failing of crones!

Come back and post if you feel like it! Sometimes this forum really helps me more than any other.

Genesis: I love your cure for the binge demon! Just no way I'm gonna binge if I'm naked. Don't even think I'd need the mirror!

Happy: Hope you're feeling better!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:36 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

Wink good morning!!

Hi Amarantha. Thanks for the welcome and you're right it's good to be back! I also figured out that I need the accountability that this forum gives me, so I'll be getting back in the habit of posting again. I guess this is a fresh start.....all around!! This morning had my tried and true ww's breakfast---SO I'M OFF TO A GREAT START TO THE DAY. Hope you are too.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Great, Angel-Eyes! I know it's gonna work out for you and Happy Housewife, as well as Genesis and me, too! I just reread my post above, though, and realized you might not know I'm Crone from the Lites threads. I also note I can't do math, as 11 pounds in 15 weeks is not a pound a week or more, but it's still A LOT!

Have another terrific day tomorrow, everyone. I'm heading for the one-day challenge spa and then I need to work!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:31 AM   #8  
soon to be goddess

Wink I thought it was you.......!!!

Hi Crone....(Amarantha...) Believe it or not....I thought it was you! Just from your recognition of me and your referral to being a 'crone'...haha. I'm still stuck on trying to start!!! Having a real problem even just sticking to it for one day. I think I'll try trying to stick to program for one meal at a time. Glad to see you're still here. So many times I've lost track of fellow friend post-ers and have lost the threads as well. Nice to see you again. How goes the job search? how is your summer going? take care, bye
Old 08-06-2002, 03:00 PM   #9  

Hey Happyhousewife'
You sound just like me. Even our height, weight is the same.
5'5 212/187/140!! I started WW in Feb. I have lost 25 pounds but have been fighting staying around that point for over 3 months now. WW is wonderful and it's all my fault. I haven't been doing much but eating. DOn't know why or how I fell off the wagon. Just know I can't find that motivation that I started out with.
Funny thing is that everyone was starting to comment on how nice I was looking. My hubby, kids, even my hubbies friends which was a real boost to me!!!!!! SOOOOOOO, then what is my PROBLEM!!!!?????
Thought if I came back here and read some messages it may help. If you get that motivation, back, let me know your secret!!

Last edited by jilles; 08-06-2002 at 03:02 PM.
Closed Thread