Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 10:20 PM   #1  

Question Points and shift work question

I work shift work and have come upon a dilemna when trying to stay within my points.

I am fine while working my day shifts but when I work nights (and they are 12 hours shifts), I don't and can't stay within my points. On my first night shift I am up at 0900 am, I eat breakfast, I eat lunch, I eat supper, I go to work for 12 hours......and I need to eat in that 12 hours. Then I come home, I eat breakfast, go to bed, awake around 1:00 pm, have lunch and then I try to take something to have later at work,but often I don't get a chance to have it until well after midnight. In the meantime I have scarfed down whatever is available cause I am hungry.

So, any suggestions would be more than helpful.

I am still loosing each week despite this insane eating pattern, but I want to know how to do it healthier.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:18 PM   #2  

Default I really sympathize with you

I used to have to do shift work, it's tough figuring that stuff out. I finally had to give it up, better luck to you though, I know it also has its good points.

Maybe you could start and end your days according to how many hours go by instead of when you get up and when you go back to bed.

So on the first day, just start your point allowance over at midnight, then when you are eating during work it will be breakfast and lunch and the breakfast you eat at the end will really be your dinner.

That's probably actually what you're doing unconciously now if you're losing weight. Remember the whole point is really just to get the fuel your body needs when it needs it without overdoing. I guess what I mean is that at the end of the week, it will all even out.

Good luck.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:22 PM   #3  

I have tried all sorts of permutations. If I start my points count at midnight, then I run out of points really early in the day.....I do try and eat when I am most active, but it is tough, and I generally go over by a few points. And, the veggies don't cut it mid-shift....I need something more substantial I have discovered.
Closed Thread