Old 11-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Question so what do you guys think I should do?

I spent the last 3 or 4 days or something in the hospital with my mom...she had spinal surgery (and yes, she's doing great and coming home tomorrow)...and while I was there it was pretty much impossible for me to eat healthy...I got as much sugar free stuff as I could, and I only drank diet soda and water...but the food was terrible. Cheeseburgers and Pizzas and French Toast and Bacon Egg and Cheese Muffins....and all sorts of junk food....

I'm very afraid I gained a lot back...and that I'm back up to 210 or something around there...

I WANT to weigh myself tomorrow morning...just out of curiosity to see how the food affected my body...but I don't know if I should because I don't know how it will affect me if I have gained again....

Honestly, I feel I could justify it...I mean I needed to be with my mom and so what if I gained a bit back? I can always lose it again...

BUT at the same time, it could depress me and I just don't know...

I could just weigh in and not count it...and not count any weigh ins until I'm below 205...where I was at the last time I weighed...

lol

What do you guys think I should do?
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #2  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

Height: 5'6"

#1... glad to hear mom is doing well.
#2...have you always weighed everyday?
#3...if not, carry on and weigh when you usually do.

You don't need a big depressed kick in the face for being there for your mom. You have lost #40 for crying out loud!!!
You know you did not have the best food choices, pick up from today and carry on to tomorrow. I think you should stay away from the scale and weigh in on your regular weigh in day. IMHO.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:10 AM   #3  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Any weight you will have gained will be in large part water retention from all the garbage - it's easy to gain, but not that easy, and it sounds to me like you will be unnecessarily driving yourself nuts.

Drink lots of water, and weigh in on your normal day!
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Any weight you will have gained will be in large part water retention from all the garbage - it's easy to gain, but not that easy, and it sounds to me like you will be unnecessarily driving yourself nuts.

Drink lots of water, and weigh in on your normal day!
Ditto on this! Weigh on your normal day and know that you may have some water weight from the junk food/sodium/carbs that went on.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

To weigh or not to weigh... Been there! Would eat healthily for a few days, really well, and *then* weigh?
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:04 AM   #6  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

=) I would drink lots of water the day before and make sure I do #2...( so lots of fiber too)....
THEN weigh ~
a lot of good advice here hehe
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #7  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I went ahead and weighed myself (I have been weighing on saturdays for a while)...and I managed to gain 2 lbs...so I'm back to 207.

I don't think that I'm really going to count it...because I think a lot of it probably is water retention, and hopefully after eating/drinking right for the next week or so...I'll be back under 205.

I'm not really too upset about it, it's better then I was expecting..and I understand the reason it happened. I can always lose it again =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #8  
RRB

Height: 5'2"

Keep that attitude! It's only 2 lbs. You will be just fine. Have a great week and I hope your mom continues to get stronger and on her feet soon.
RRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Don`t worry! You`ll lose 2lb in no time at all!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 207 is still very far from 245! You are doing a terrific job, and no weight loss journey is complete without a gain at a weigh in. Most importantly, remember that this deserves being rationalized--your mom comes first! I'm glad she's doing well, and please don't let a tiny gain turn into a big one! Get back on track as soon as possible, and soon 207 will be a distant memory, too.
JMC885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Its only 2 lbs!

They say if you gain it fast like that, you can lost it fast. Just eat super healthy, drink lots of water, have lots of fiber, and get exercise for the next few days and you'll be back down in no time
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote