Old 11-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Question How are we all doing so far?

Thought we could all use an update? I really need to hear the positive from others in order to stick with it!

Today was my day 6. Started 11/1. I am down 3 pounds. I am feeling some muscle fatigue when walking/going up stairs. I assume this is becuase of the lower carbs.

I am terrified of the weekend. This is going to be and always will be the hardest part for me! My family still wants to go out to eat, etc. and I have to go along. It is going to kill me and I am not looking forward to the weekends at all.

How is everyone else progressing?
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I can commiserate more than provide positive notes tonight

The weekends are SO HARD - and even today. Why today and not the rest of the week... honestly, it's because I didn't plan my food. Early in the week, I said, I will eat these 5 MF meals and "this" for lean & green and it was GREAT. Today, I knew my DH wasn't going to be home to help with dinner and putting our three girls to bed and I just let the day slip by without thinking about how, what and when to get my foods in.

I've heard we shouldn't eat more than 3 MF crunch bars (not the maintenance but the actual yellow box bars)... BUT, they are my favorite and if, on hard days, I need all 5 of my meals to be bars so that I can stay on track - so be it. Besides, I won't feel robbed for the day if I feel like I'm cheating (even though, it is still within the acceptable perimeters of MF diet).

I have found that a fully prepared MF Hot Cocoa is delicious with a 1/2c of coffee added to it. Perhaps you could ask for hot water and coffee when you go out and make it your meal. And/or order a side of steamed veggies as your optional snack so that you are not feeling left out during the meal?

Also, I definitely notice a difference when I eat/drink slowly on how hungry I feel later.

I'll plan my day in the morning and send it your way via PM... maybe you should do the same as a motivating start for the weekend? What do you think...

I think I'm down 4.5 lbs and my hubby 6lbs (but he cheated today... we will see if it catches up with him). I tend to lose fast for 1 week and then slowly for 2 weeks and have another bigger loss on the 3rd to 4th week - at least from my experience with WW and LA Weight Loss.
autumnlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #3  

Jaimie, I was going to ask - because you mention muscle fatigue.. how is your water intake? And, are you taking a multivitamin?

I'm feeling energetic but got kinda sluggish today until I realized I hadn't drank any water. I perked up after 4 glasses.

I take a multivitamin with extra iron, magnesium, fish oil & 5 HTP (all under the direction of a ND) and am doing better than my DH too. He isn't taking any supplements and has also mentioned muscle issues.

Just a thought and maybe others who have been here and done this could chime in???

Seriously, I'm full of physical energy but mentally...I'm still having a hard time getting motivated to do something with it all!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #4  

Default Trying my best...

I find it hard to get in all the water, but I have done well for me (not a water fan) and have gotten 6-8 everyday, although I use crystal light most of the time.
I do take a vitamin, however I admit that I to forget a lot of the time.
I agree on the energy. I am **seriously** the world's laziest person. But at 7am I went for a walk cause I just felt like I needed to move. And it felt sooo good to get out and walk in the crisp morning air...so good that I might do it tomorrow too!
Thanks again for your valued input! I don't want to do it alone!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #5  

P.S. I was down another 1/2 lb today... so 3.5 lbs so far! Hoping for a good number in the am! Will post a weigh in up date, as tomorrow is the start of week 2! YAY! (I usually last a couple days, so this is fantastic!)
Old 11-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliejo View Post
I have been on Medifast for 21 weeks and have lost 59 lbs. I go out to eat with no problems I just order my lean and green meal.

If you didn't exercise before you started you should wait till week 3 to start otherwise cut inhalf what you did before starting.

It's a good idea to take omega 3's but the rest of the vitamins are in the food.

Feeling tired may be lack of sodium so you can add a cup of bullion soup or eat a pickle as a snack.

The min amount of water is 8 cups (not glasses) or 64 oz it's even better to get 1/2 your weight in oz's of water each day.

I love Medifast because it works.
If you follow the rules you won't be hungry, you won't have cravings and it's simple to do. The weight melts off quickly too.

Just hang in there stick with it and it will work and you will feel great!

Good Luck!
Thank you SO much for sharing! I love hearing/seeing (great avatar!) success. That is good to know about the sodium.

And, Jaimie - I hear you about the walking... doesn't it feel great, even just a walk around the block. If the drench-al rain stops for a moment I too might take a quick stroll around a block or two.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #7  

Nataliejo- thanks for sharing your remarkable success! It is all the people who have succeeded that are motivating me! We went out for dinner last night, and I had a chicken breast (grilled) and a salad. I was really worried about the weigh in this am, and to my amazement, I lost another 1.5 pounds! This brings my week one total to 5 pounds, which for me, is wonderful! I am sooo thrilled and that will surely keep me motivated. I have been doing well, like you said, because you are never hungry! I am not hungry at all! And now that I am used to the foods, it is easier! I have been watching sodium, so maybe that is my problem...thanks for the advice!

Autumnlily- Enjoy your walk! Maybe that little bit of morning activity was the boost I needed. I saw my biggest loss today after walking yesterday, so I think I will take a walk (short ones) every other day! Good luck!

WEEK TWO here we come!!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #8  

AWESOME Jaimie! Way to go!!!

I splurged this weekend and, darn, it bites you in the bum RIGHT AWAY... I was down 5.2 and this evening (I still can't stop the daily weighing) I'm only down 1lb. I REALLY hope tomorrow morning - my official weigh in day is good to me. I have kept to plan today and haven't played with the extras.

I'm so proud of you Jaimie - keep it up!