Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #1  
Ready to start living....

Default Anyone fly on a plane lately

I have so much anxiety about the flight I have to vegas in about 2 weeks. I am so scared I am not gonna fit... gosh this sucks.. I keep being reassured by everyone I am over reacting and I will be fine. But anyone I have any recent experiences? Good, bad or ugly????
dream8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I flew at 300 pounds and being 5'2" or 3" tall. It was a tight fit. Try and see if you can get an empty seat next to you, get a seat belt extender (you can probable request it in advance so it will be in the seat already so you don't have to ask). Otherwise have a good safe trip. I lov e VEGAS!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #3  

At the beginning of the year I flew out to Seattle. I was at my highest weight of 220. I thought the seats were a little tight, but the seat belt fit fine. It was the arm rest that got in the way. I think I just felt cramped like you are supposed to in the economy seats.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #4  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I flew at 255 and fit okay and without a belt extender. My thighs are bigs though so the arm rest def was annoying. I always request a window seat so I can get as far over as possible.

If someone ends up sitting next to you and theres other seats open the stewardess will let you move...just a thought.

Dont worry about it too much! Let it be motivation to stay on track and get healthier! =) Have a great time in Vegas! Ive never been but cant wait to go!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I fly a lot.

I would recommend either getting the aisle seat or the window seat - NOT the middle. Yeah, all the seats are "the same size" but you have a little more breathing room on either end, not the middle. I hate the middle seat with a passion. I feel like I'm a sardine.

But I think you should be fine Enjoy Vegas!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #6  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

are you flying with someone? I was lucky my husband would move up the arm rest and allow a little wiggle room between us. Oh ok, well actually, he let me borrow some of his seat.... lol
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote