Old 11-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Cool A good frustration, I guess

I don't if it's me not being able to shop or if I'm really between sizes.

I need new clothes and I am finding it hard to find things that fit well. I almost find I'm in between sizes. I'm also finding a very limited selection in 18's or 16w's. If I do find a shirt that I like, I need a longer length in the shirt to cover the tummy but if I go up a size then it's too long and makes me look sloppy.

Same problem with jeans. I get a 16w and it's just a little too big, I get a 18 regular and some of them are just a little too snug in the waist. I only have one pair of jeans that fit well.

Okay, enough with the whining. I wouldn't go back to my old size for anything in the world!

Just curious though.... anyone else finding this to be a problem???
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Yep, I have this issue too. I'm right between a 20 and an 18. I feel like my 20s are always falling off, but the 18s have me a horrible "muffin top". As for shirts, I still haven't lost anything in the bust, so while that fits, everything is just too loose in the tummy. I figure, I'd rather be swimming slightly in my clothes than be growing out of them again!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yup, I'm right between an 18 and 16 and finding clothes is annoying. I just bought a new pair of jeans and had to try on 10 pairs before I found one that wasn't too loose or too tight.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

You've got a soul sister here! 18s are too big, 16Ws are too big, regular 16s are too small. It's KILLIN' me!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #5  

While nothing i buy fits perfectly (stupid apple shape) I found it IMPOSSIBLE to find clothes when I was a 14, because the 14 in the plus section was to big, and the 14 in the regular section was too tight. Most places (that I shop at because I wasn't willing to spend lots of money on temporary clothes) use size 14 as a cutoff. Add onto that a need for petite length, and I was pretty much screwed. Considering 14 is the so-called average, its kinda of funny there aren't actually any clothes available in that size. I called it size purgatory.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm between 14 and 16 right now and I could really use a 37D+ for a bra, which of course doesn't exist, grrrrr!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

Yep, there is definitely a black hole in sizing and mine was just where yours is, ANewCreation. For the longest time, 18W and 16W were too big, but 18 and 16 were like they were painted on and skin tight. Luckily I finally got out of that "size purgatory" (heh, good one, Tarisannde) and can now find clothes a little more easily. I finally just toughed it out and wore baggy pants until I could fit comfortably into a 16 or 18 (without the W). It kinda stunk to be stuck there, though.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Ha, I thought it was just me. All my 18s are unwearable, they're just falling off. I can't even wear them with belts. I have one pair of 16 averages that are baggy but stay up (although I can pull them off without unzipping them). I have another pair of 16 averages, same designer, that are snug so I have to wear a sweatshirt with them. All my other 16s are so obscenely tight I can't leave the house in them--I actually have some 14s that fit the exact same way. I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! LOL.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #9  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
You've got a soul sister here! 18s are too big, 16Ws are too big, regular 16s are too small. It's KILLIN' me!
Another sister here. 5'6", 217.

The best things I'm finding are the size 18 STRETCH denim jeans - at a loose no stretch they fit perfectly (where they used to be stretched to the max, if you know what I mean), and I'm just going to wear them until they are baggy. and skirts, if I can help it.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Ha, I thought it was just me. All my 18s are unwearable, they're just falling off. I can't even wear them with belts. I have one pair of 16 averages that are baggy but stay up (although I can pull them off without unzipping them). I have another pair of 16 averages, same designer, that are snug so I have to wear a sweatshirt with them. All my other 16s are so obscenely tight I can't leave the house in them--I actually have some 14s that fit the exact same way. I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! LOL.
This is exactly where I am. My 18's are too loose, but most 16's are pretty tight. I can't wait until this phase is over.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
My problem EXACTLY!!!! Though it's been about 10 lbs since I've tried... so maybe next week it's jeans shopping again? lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hmm. I was just contemplating this... wondering if I would soon (or ever) be able to wear a regular 18. Right now, 18W fits well... I would like to try shopping in stores that carry up to 18 but I don't have the guts to go in.

Sounds like an 18 might fit once I'm down 20 more pounds.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #13  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm between 14 and 16 right now and I could really use a 37D+ for a bra, which of course doesn't exist, grrrrr!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #14  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Oh lord..... at least I'm not the only one!!! It's so frustrating! And on me, everything else BUT my stomach has shrunk so much and the stomach only half as much.... which leaves me with clothes on every other part of my body baggy as heck and the stomach area just barely a little looser. And I REFUSE to go back to my size 20 days when I was wearing those d*** body shapers..... I tried one on the other day and it made me look AMAZING... but GOD I forgot how horrible it felt to have a body that couldn't breathe!!!!! I seriously don't know how I wore those every day... yeesh.

Last edited by starfishkitty; 11-06-2009 at 04:44 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote