Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #1  
gonna.be.thin.

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5ft8in

Default New and in need of support!

I am new on here and really need some support. I need help developing will power! What can I do? Help Me!

Last edited by bri hope16; 11-05-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: none
bri hope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Don't rely on will power to lose the weight you want to lose. Make a plan and immerse yourself in it!
Welcome
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #3  
gonna.be.thin.

Thanks...I just can stick to anything
Old 11-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

For the most part it's really about setting your mind to it and not giving up and wanting to lose the weight more than you want to overeat. Once you get a few good days under your belt, the fact that you know you can do it helps to push you along. Be tough on yourself at first, set your plan and stick to it like glue. Eventually you can work in flexibility, but for me being rigid at first helps set me on the right path. Good luck!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh yes you can! I thought I couldn't stick to anything either. Then I was diagnosed as diabetic and I realized this was my life I was fighting for. That is true for people who don't have diabetes too, even those who aren't overweight. Living healthy is fighting for your life and you can do it. You have to have a plan, plan out exactly what you are going to eat all day every day. I plan one week at a time right now. I started by just planning the next day before I went to bed at night and I am about to move to planning 2 weeks at a time. The more you plan the better. If you need to you can even prepare the food ahead of time and put it in tupperwares or ziplocs and label it - Monday's breakfast, Monday's morning snack, Monday's lunch, etc. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but if it works then it's worth it, right? Trust me, the more you plan, the better you will do. Journal your food - there are lots of free food tracking sites online. When it is not time to eat get away from the kitchen, just stay out. Get yourself a large water bottle and drink lots of water - the larger the bottle the better, less trips to the kitchen to fill it and risk snacking. If the water needs to be really cold for you then get one that you can freeze and then drink the water as it melts. If you mess up, do not beat yourself up for it, but also do not wait to get back on track - I had a bite of something I shouldn't and so I'll try again tomorrow is what got many of us where we are/were to begin with. Also, what really helped me when I first started was the 'fake it 'til you make it' attitude. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it. At first you might not (probably won't) like it, most of us didn't, but eventually you will. It does get easier, maybe not easy, but at least easier - I promise.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #6  
gonna.be.thin.

thanks, but I never learned discipline I need more help than alot of people
Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

You can learn self-discipline and will-power...but only if you're willing to hold yourself accountable for such things.

I always thought I could just "will-power" myself skinny, but its really not that easy. You need a plan. there are ton of diet suggestions, from calorie counting to nutrisystem to weight watchers. You have to find one that works within your lifestyle and one that you feel comfortable with. But the ladies and gentlemen here have a lot of good advice to help you feel those options out. Once you have a plan, its easier to stick to.

But most of all, I think it takes commitment. Sure, we're all here for support and advice, but no one is going to be in the kitchen dragging the pan of brownies out of your hands. This is where you have to start developing your own insight. Find what works for you: are you better if you eat in most often? Don't buy chips so there is a smaller amount of temptation? Post pictures of thinner models on the fridge? Whatever it is, you have to look inside of yourself to figure out what will be your motivation...and start to work on making that the willpower to get you through
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Perhaps you should seek help with a nutritionist if you feel you can't do it alone? Or join a program like weight watchers or Metafast?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri hope16 View Post
I am new on here and really need some support. I need help developing will power! What can I do? Help Me!
Bri hope... I bet every single person here at 3FC arrived here thinking that she didn't have any will power.

I can tell you that I have NO WILL POWER. I don't.

But I did decide that I NEEDED and WANTED to lose weight and that I would do whatever it took.

Then, I came up with a plan, and I follow that plan. I don't call on will power much at all.

The first step is to figure out what steps you need to take.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

My dr told me that there are a million diets out there. And most of them work. Choose one and work it. If it's not for you, tweak it. If tweaking that diet doesn't work, do something else. What makes YOU lose weight might not be Atkins...or South Beach...or Weight Watchers...or it might be some wacky combination of all of them!
Stick around here...when you see in someone's siggy or avatar that they've lost a good deal of weight click on thier name and read thier posts. Get inspiration that others JUST like you have done it. My favorite thing to do is to see someone that has lost 100+ lbs and go waaay back as far as it will let me to some of thier first posts. Back when they were still losing. And you will see that they were just like you. Now go forward to thier most recent...success!
You don't need more help than most. You have in you what it will take for you to succeed. Until you get there though become a member here and take inspiration from those that have gone before you and succeeded. That's what I'm doing. I make it a point to come to 3fc daily and post and read. I read a minimum of 1 success story a day. Some I read repeatedly. If they can do it, than you and I can too! Have faith in yourself.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #11  
gonna.be.thin.

Thanks you guys, but weightwatchers wont work cuz I can afford it, like seriously I am dirt poor, I am not trying to make excuses either. I just need a very cheap(maybe free) diet plan.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thanks you guys, but weightwatchers wont work cuz I can afford it, like seriously I am dirt poor, I am not trying to make excuses either. I just need a very cheap(maybe free) diet plan.
I have good news Bri... losing weight is one of the few things in life that is free! In fact, you can actually save money because you eat less.

If you can't afford WW, don't worry. I count calories. Lots of people can give you ideas of what to eat.

Why don't you start by posting a typical day's food and lots of smart people here can chime in and give you suggestions.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #13  
The Devil's in the Donuts

S/C/G: 267/~see ticker~/145 & fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm new too! Yeah for us finding this website!

I've had past successes...short term of course...here I am after all but I do know will power doesn't work for me because it is fleeting and fickle and my naughty side is so much stronger than my disciplined side and if I decide I want a donut...the naughty girl will kick the crap out of the good girl to get that donut.

So I keep it fun and interesting and rewarding...and let will power do what it will. Try to keep your motivators unwavering...whatever than might look like for you.

Cheers to future successes!

L
meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #14  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

We are here to help and cheer you on!! I know we all have that determintion inside of us and it's a matter of getting it out. I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago -- one of the toughest things -- never thought I would ever be able to quit but I did. Just gotta be determined and set your mind to it You can do it!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
thanks, but I never learned discipline I need more help than alot of people
Great news. You can teach old dogs new tricks! I'm 44 years old, and never disciplined myself up to 333 pounds. One day I decided I had had enough and it didn't matter if I had zero support or support from an entire army. I LEARNED discipline, and lost weight FOR FREE without spending an extra dime by counting calories. You don't even need to buy a calorie book, you can find calorie counts for free on multiple web sites and on food packaging, and at Restaurants on their free nutritional guides etc. You need a pencil and paper...that's it. Of course I make up for the money saved now with buying new clothes, but skinny clothes are A LOT cheaper than plus sizes.

You can do this, but it will only work when you are ready to start beleiving in yourself.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-09-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote