Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Question Jeans for pear shaped?

Hello all,

I'm really interested in finding a good pair of jeans. I have some, but I really don't like them at all. I have a huge butt and stomach and have a small-ish waist. Has anyone found a pair that they love? I saw Cookie Johnson (Magic Johnson's wife) on Oprah a week or so ago and she has some jeans that she was selling, claiming that they are great for us curvier ladies. Have any of you tried those at all? I'm hardly fitting into a size 16, by the way.

Thank you so much!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to Zafu.com they can tell you where to find jeans for just about any shape and price. They don't sell jeans, themselves but can tell you where to find what you are looking for,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #3  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Just FYI - I did the whole questionnaire @ zafu.com .. thought they would tell me about jeans. All it did was try to sell me a $20 personal style guide at the end. Did I do something wrong?
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWings View Post
Just FYI - I did the whole questionnaire @ zafu.com .. thought they would tell me about jeans. All it did was try to sell me a $20 personal style guide at the end. Did I do something wrong?
Huh. I just retook their test. It didn't used to end that way. It used to end with a display dozens of jeans picked for you. Too bad.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

My favorite jeans EVER for my large round butt, tiny waist, and average height are a brand/designer called Gloria Vanderbuilt. They are recognizable due to the GV on the button(s). I wear mine all the time, and love them to pieces because they ride higher than most AND they don't gap in the back of the waist like my old brand did. Plus, if you get them at Kohls like I did...you can get a pair for less than 40 dollars!

Hope that helped.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

On that episode of Oprah they recommended the Lee slender secret jeans for those of us that can't spend the $ for the Cookie Johnson jeans. I've been wearing them for the last year and I really like them. I'm a pear shape. I started wearing them when I got down to a size 12. I didn't try them before that, I wore the Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans. The Gloria Vanderbuilts don't work for me now, they are too big around the waist if they fit the thighs.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Costco sells Gloria Vanderbilt jeans for $15 or so but I don't like them. The jeans I like I actually got from Victoria's secret. They are a size 14 though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #8  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I know there are a lot of Jeans coming out with the "no gap" waistband. I think Lee was the first one to make them. I had a pair, and they did get rid of the gap in the back... but I hated the fabric they were made of. They were stretch jeans... and I HATE stretch jeans. In fact, I just went shopping and had the hardest time finding jeans that were actually still made of denim. Pretty frustrating.

But, if you like the stretch jeans, then check out Lee. I had gotten mine at JCPenney. I now just bought a couple pairs from Old Navy (size 6!), and while I do have a bit of a gap in the back of them... they are so cute, I don't even care. I just wear a belt, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

I didn't even know you could still buy womens jeans without stretch. I found a pair of my son's old Lucky jeans in the closet and wore those for awhile; they were old-school denim with no stretch and they felt (and looked!) pretty good. I had almost forgotten what non-stretch denim felt like. But it's been years and years since I have found a pair of non-stretch denim jeans for myself.

I have the waist-gaping problem myself. It's better now that my butt is smaller, but it's still annoying and I still have to wear a belt with almost everything so I don't have that gap at the back.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #10  

I have a pair of Lee slender secrets. The seem to have the perfect amount of stretch. The fit like jeans not spandex. I don't have any problems with a gap, which I do with most pants. The back pockets are also nicely positioned, so as not to make your bottom seem larger.
MrsMiller09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I loved the Lee jeans as I started losing weight. They were really cut nicely. Also, you might want to try Ann Taylor.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 304/299/180

Height: 5'9"

I've been wearing the Right Fit Fasion Bug jeans for a few years now and love them. They have 3 different "fits" for the straighter shape, heavier on the bottom, and ultra curvy. Their sizes go from small to 28 or so... I'd give 'em a try!
KitschKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/148/135

Height: 5'2

PZI jeans will change your life! They have sizes 4-18 and they're EXCLUSIVELY made for women with pear and hourglass shapes. I have a 28" waist, 47" hips and these are THE ONLY jeans I wear. Their website is pzijeans.com
ImGoinDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

The lee jeans really are great, and boy are they forgiving! I bought them when I was a size 16, they even fit when I was a 20...now that I am going back down I still wear them. Got good bang for my buck with those jeans!
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote