Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 01:37 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Question Sweating

Ok girls, this is kinda a personal issue, but I have a question. Does anyone else have problems with sweating? I'm curious to know because I don't know if my problem is due to my weight or maybe other health issue.

For instance, this morning, I was sweating a little when I got out of the shower, I cooled off, dryed my hair. I went to get Jacob up and dressed. While gettinghim ready, the sweat was litterally dripping off my face. After getting him ready, I had to re-dry my bangs & the sides of my hair. Temp in my house was set at 70.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Old 07-29-2002, 01:43 PM   #2  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

that actually happens to me a lot, but, I am in perimenopause too (yes I know, very young...lol, my mom went into peri at 27 and she's STILL going through it...egads!)
I have noticed increased facial flushing and sweating when using AHA products on my face, the worst offender is the Avon Anew products... so if you're pretty sure it's not a health issue, look into what you're putting ON your face... but, check with a doctor to be sure...
Old 07-29-2002, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

I do that too.... After I get out of the shower. I am all sweaty. I wish I knew why. It's not like I'm doing vigourous activity. Even when I sit down to put on make up, I'm having to wipe around my face. I don't wear powder or foundation, so go figure! I don't blow dry my hair, so it can't be the heat from that.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:24 PM   #4  

Yes, I had this problem too... used to be a lot worse than it is since I've lost 92lbs... I always believed (and still do) that in my case it was weight related.

Karen
260.5/168.5/140
Old 07-29-2002, 05:39 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I sweat a lot as well even if the room is otherwise cool. I think it is the humidity, when you get moving around. If I was just sitting still I am fine but when I get up to do something I start sweating. There is nothing worse than having a nice shower and then starting to sweat. What I do at night to keep myself cool so I can get to sleep is to have the coldest shower I can tolerate then just drip a little on the bathroom mat and go to bed. The fan blowing on wet skin really keeps you cool. I have a/c in the baby's room and we have a fan in the hallway to direct the cool air into our room so it's not too bad. It was a heck of a lot worse last year. Next house definately has to have a/c.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:57 PM   #6  

I have the identical problem. By the time I shower, put on
my makeup, and do my hair I look like I've been working out!
Mind you, this weather is not helping!!!
Anne.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:40 AM   #7  

Sandi,

As I type this after getting ready for work-shower, etc., there is sweat going down my face. You are not alone. I guess mine is weight related-plus the humidity, and the fact that since I have hypothyroidism, I don't handle heat well at all. I hate getting all showered and then feeling sweaty!

Sherry
Old 07-30-2002, 07:50 AM   #8  

My mother sweats while watching TV, I rarely sweat. I think some of it is our personal make up and some of it is our location (we live in the hot and humid south so you are always "damp" from humidity if you're outside)

You should ask your Dr.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:32 AM   #9  

I think that weight definatly has a role in our sweating. BUT I don't think it's just because we have excess weight.
You know your body well. Has it always been like this? I too sweat while getting ready. But this mostly has to do with the humidity. Even if it's "cooler" at my place, the humidity sneaks on in.

I think too that our minds have something to do with it. Are you relaxed while your getting ready or are you rushing around like a loony and thinking and stressing too much?

Old 07-30-2002, 12:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

I sweat like that....I do any little bit of activity(even just changing my son's diaper on a very humid day) and I have sweat dripping of my face.

I know that weight does have a roll in it, as I did sweat a few years ago but not like I am now at my heaviest.

Also another thing that can play a big factor in sweating can be if you drink a fair amount of alcohol. My dad was an alcoholic and since he quit(last fall) he says he doesn't sweat like he used to.

So yes I do beleive that weight is a big factor in how much you sweat...also how bad the humidity and how hot it is plays a big factor in it too as this summer for us has been for the most part very hot and humid.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #11  
Chocoholic

Hi, sweating that's good for you. It purifies and cleanses. But, sweatin at the wrong time or constantly might be somethin else. I agree that you need to talk with your doc. Chances are it is the humidity, activity, weight, and heat. If these don't apply sometimes it is thyroid, diabetes, hypertension or other illnesses like I have. Whn I get ready I wait till the last moment to put on my attire. I do all my necessary activity like hair, teeth, makeup and etc. before dressin so that I don't get all sweaty. It seems the rushing for work alway makes me hot, flushed and short of breath. From what I read it is not to uncommon to sweat.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:49 PM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sandi - do you just have this sweating problem in the summer when it is hot and humid or all the time? Personally I just think it is the humidity. Even if you have a/c the humidity in the house is still higher than normal. If you are feeling okay otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. If you have other symptoms such as feeling dizzy or faint or headachey or some other kind of pain then you would want to check it out with your doc.
Closed Thread