Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #1  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Default I fee like giving up weight lost!

After almost 3 years trying to lose weight i'm convinced for whatever reason that is wrong with me im never going to be thin. im tired of attempting to lose weight only 2 weeks later i return to my bad eating habits. i've tried everything. i've tried cutting bad foods out completely. then i've tried eating them in moderation (which i can't just have that 1 cookie i got to have 6).

my exercise routine isn't too bad. at one point i was literally exercising everyday for 30 minutes and i still winded up gain weight.

i have a an addiction to food obviously. im tired of being disappointing day and day out. im tired of eating healthy but then only to find myself at the end of the day binging. i'm tired of losing 5lbs only to gain it back because i fall into my old eating habits. i remember this September i was eating healthy for about 2weeks and over that time i lost 6 lbs. but then i slip and gained all about 5 of the pounds back.

honestly i feel like giving up at this point i'm tired of disappointment.

Last edited by helwa588; 11-04-2009 at 10:38 AM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Oh honey, haven't I been there.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all just *knew* what our "perfect" plan was? It took me a long time to figure out what I had to do and to find the resolve to just do it. I would get into an exercise routine and have zero results. I would decide one week that this was it only to end up at square one the following week. I had resigned myself to the fact that I was just going to be big. Forever.

Well, that turned out to be a big pile of bull for me.

I don't know when it will *click* for you and I dont know what it's going to take, but I have to encourage you to NEVER GIVE UP.

We all have these moments of great doubt, but they pass and each time they do is our opportunity to make it happen... for good.

Last edited by junebug41; 11-04-2009 at 10:49 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

You sound just like me. We're yo yo dieters, we go up and down.

I've also been at the point where your at right now, I give up and go back to my old ways, and that's who I gained another 20 pounds. From dieting then pigging out.

You need to find your one true motivation, for me it was this site. I've never stuck to anything for more than a few weeks. Make a point to come on here every day, let us know when you feel down, come talk to us when you feel an urge, we'll steer you in the right direction!

I've lost ten pounds since joining a month ago, I have never had a normal steady good weightloss like that, and that's what's keeping me going, I want to continue to see that.

Keep going! You WILL see the results! Just stick to it. Maybe ask someone to be a diet buddy? Someone to steer you right when you want to binge.

I haven't binge ate in awhile, I've slipped a couple times, but never to the point I was at, and I'm still here.

Please don't give up, though I'm sure if you give up you'll just be back here gain, trying. Stick with it for a month or two and see how you feel.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #4  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

I've been there, too honey. In fact, I was there for the past five or six years. I was in denial with myself, thinking that it was okay for me to be heavy and that I was happy being heavy. It's called self-sabotage. You do well, but your subconscious believes that you're doing it wrong and you should have ice cream instead, because that's where you're comfortable. I agree with Jen, it takes time to come to terms with getting out of your own way and it takes a lot of hard work to break habits you've been honing for years and years - but when you do finally change those habits trust me it's a happier life.

Just don't ever give up!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #5  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Your title says "I'm giving up weight!"

Well, maybe you should "give up" focusing on the numbers for now, and instead resolve to adopt healthy behaviors and use adhering to those as your indicator of success. There are some great plans floating around on 3FC, such as set a few non-weight specific goals for yourself and everyday give yourself points for the ones you accomplish, such as exercising for 30 minutes, eating 5 servings of veggies, and drinking 2 bottles of water. As those become habits, you can add some tougher goals back in like getting a certain ratio of macronutrients or doing the c25k plan.

No one can control their rate of weight loss, so focus on the things you can control--your behaviors. You can make these healthy choices and you will start to see changes in your life. 3fc believes in you!
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11

I think that's great advice from forestroad, you have to start slow, you cant just jump into something your not really ready for. You have to prepare yourself for a change.. Good luck and don't give up!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Maybe you should just focus on small changes- those do add up over time. I've only lost 29 lbs in the year I've been here (well not only but compared to others) but I know they are a permanent loss and they will not come back.

I have tried and failed many times- but this time is definitely different for me because I am DETERMINED to not fail and I always remember that it's "progress, not perfection" that I am working on.

I started out small, first stopped buying junk food, then when it was gone I started trying out healthier recipes and altering my stuff from before that wasn't healthy, and so on.

I did stall for a while then started working with my doctor to figure out the problem and now I'm losing again.

I also read some books on food addiction that helped.

Have you considered going to your doctor for help?

Don't give up!

Last edited by beerab; 11-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

I have been there, too! ALthough I do think we can become too obsessed with weight loss at times, I would never give up. Giving up can become "what the ****"-binges. Taking it easier however can result in more gradual but longer lasting weight loss.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #9  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I can't tell you how many times I tried and gave up. Major yo-yo dieter here. And binger. I don't even know how I was successful this time around... what I can tell you, however, is that a positive mindset really is important in weight loss. If you believe in your heart that you can't lose weight... then you won't.

So many times I tried to lose, only to gain it back, and then some. For a while I had resigned myself to just being over weight, that it was just "part of who I was". But it doesn't have to be that way. Other people here are right- small changes can make a huge difference. Weightloss isn't an "all or nothing" game. Everyone has ups and downs, slip ups, stalls... and we tend to focus on those times, call ourselves failures, and then give up. But, if you can just pick yourself up the next day, let it go, and start new again... that's a triumph.

You can do it! don't give up. Not many people here would ever say it's easy to lose weight... but I bet you every single person who has reached goal would tell you it's worth it in the end. Just be patient with yourself, pace yourself, and take it a day at a time. And if you need support, we're all here for you.

Just make sure you are losing weight out of love for yourself, and not out of hatred. I tried the "losing weight because I hate myself" approach, and it doesn't work.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

How about giving up the need for speed but not the aim for weight loss?
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #11  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'7"

I feel like I tend to be tough love on these boards...

But, take an honest look at yourself. Were you REALLY trying?

I think that is the difference between people who lose and those who don't.

1) It's gonna take time - be patient and know that the healthy steps are for the long haul.

I haven't really lost as much weigh as I've wanted to over the past year - but a year ago I couldn't run mile - now I can do a 10k (6 miles)

2) Learn to accept the fear of change. You're going to change and that is AWESOME - but it's scary. Let yourself be scared to do things different.

3) ask yourself, "Do I want to lose weight more than I want to eat this cookie? or do I want this cookie more for how I feel right now."

That last one helps me out a lot.

You can do it - but be serious with yourself. Change is scary - but you can do it.
mara11jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:42 AM   #12  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'7"

To add to that - when I feel like I've tried for a week or 2 to lose weight but didn't lose any - when I would look back I'd see the difference between what I thought I was doing in my head vs the food I was eating and lack of working out.

It suck suck sucks to not lose - but it just means you have to change and start caring enough about health to say no to the extras and yes to fear.

Make sense? I could be crazy.
mara11jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

I agree with Mara

I have started and stopped.. Started and stopped trying to lose weight... probably like 10 times.. I always used to give up after the first couple weeks.. This time when I decided to lose weight I wanted to lose weight so I could be at a healthy BMI.. So that I could wear nice clothes.. and So that I could sit on my boyfriends knee (he is a smaller guy)..
I notice on the weeks that I lose I stuck to the plan.. On the weeks that I dont lose.. I make myself evaluate why??? Usually its because I splurged or didn't count this or that.. BLT's is what they are called in weight watchers.. Bites, Licks, and tastes.. You have to be accountable for everything you put in your mouth.. Clean out your pantry get rid of your trigger foods.. Set yourself up for sucess... not failure... It's not easy to lose weight... It is easy to make excuses though...

Just my thoughts..
s200n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Well the reason why you're not losing weight is because you aren't doing anything to lose weight.

you HAVE to eat healthy, period. It's something like 80% of what goes in your mouth is what affects weight loss. I know where you've been but you have to ask yourself what's worth it, satisfaction of a binge now, during the eating, or the 5 minutes afterwards where you feel like crap? Or do you want to skip that altogether and lose weight? It's going to be so tough to say no. but you HAVE to if you want to lose weight, because simply exercising and eating like crap isn't going to help at all. You have to start with the eating habits and then exercise, so you won't binge after an exercise.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #15  

Look at it like this: you can either give up, which is GUARANTEED to make you fat, or you can try and live a healthy lifestyle, which most likely will lead to weight loss or at the very least, better health. You CAN do this, you just have to BELIEVE you can do it. That's the biggest step!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote