Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Default Hungry all day long?

How do you all handle those days where you are hungry all day long?? It's worse during that time of the month, which is so difficult cuz I always want chewy stuff like gummy bears or milk duds.

How do you handle those days?
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I chew gum, eat more crunchy vegetables and ... quite honestly, some days I just eat more. You just can't let it go on for very many days in a row.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Try snacking on fruits/ veggies!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I agree with Susan. There are days I definitely DO eat more--I just keep them in check with frequent weighins. I am almost at maintenance now. When I was aggressively losing, I made sure I was never over my calorie allotment...on the days I ate more, I moved more. It isn't a good strategy for everyone but I held to the plan steadfast.

Also, you might try to find some things that are the lowest caloric value that you deem acceptable for you to hog out on. I like Shiratake noodles. I also like smashed cauliflower with all the fixins (diced ham, onions, shredded cheesestick, spray butter). There is also an ice cream called Arctic Zero that is made mostly of Whey Protein (found in many energy bars and smoothies). I can eat the whole pint for 126 calories. So, do some experimenting!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #5  
Workin' It

I drink a lot of hot tea. And sometimes I just eat a little more those days, too, I just try to make it healthy stuff rather than junk.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyaim View Post
How do you all handle those days where you are hungry all day long?? It's worse during that time of the month, which is so difficult cuz I always want chewy stuff like gummy bears or milk duds.

How do you handle those days?
When I am at home, I am eating all day long....
polina28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

How about having some veggie soup? That won't have too many calories and it is a perfect comfort food.
I have to admit that I now eat tinned soup - I tried a couple of soups lately (all were supposedly "healthier" choices) and I fell in love with Weight Watchers Coconut Thai soup (I don't recall the exact name). It's fabulous. I am not on Weight Watchers nor any other diet but I love this soup and when I find it again I will buy an entire flat to have a decent supply.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I already eat @ every 3 hours and when I'm having a day like this I just decrease my serving sizes so I can eat even more often. For example instead of 1 cup of yogurt at a sitting, I eat 1/2 cup and the other half cup 1 hour later. Of course I live alone so no one sees exactly how insane I can get trying to conquer the munchies!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Well what are you eating now? Could you not be eating enough nutrient dense food so while you may be getting say 1300 calories a day- they might be foods that aren't filling and have enough fiber and protein.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I usually drink a lot of hot tea with truvia & NFPM.

For my meals, it's a one-two punch -- something high volume and low calorie (e.g. brothy soup) followed by a small serving of something very satiating (e.g. peanut butter) and I try to limit carbs to avoid triggering more cravings.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Thanks everyone!! Love all the advise and ideas!!!!

Well for the moment, I'm doing good and it's not an issue. But the problem will be right around the corner. I just want to be prepared and ready to take care of the problem before it gets the best of me!!!
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #12  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

I have to ask myself "am I really hungry". Most of the time if I am honest with myself I am not. Usually I'm either thirsty or have eaten something that has triggered cravings.

If I eat every few hours, drink plenty of water (100 ozs. per day), and stay away from sweet or salty foods I am NEVER hungry.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote