Old 11-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5,1"

Default Any crazy ideas for how I can cheer myself up??

I posted earlier today about how I thought I had depression and I went to the doctors today... I'm being referred to a psychiatrist as she thinks a may have depression.
Anyway, I'm lying in bed feeling rubbish about everything and have decided I need to do something tomorrow to cheer me up. My friends etc will all be at work so it has to be something I can do myself... Any ideas anyone? I want it to be a bit wacky and crazy cos that's what I used to be like before I got so down but I'm lacking any inspiration right now!
Hope you can help me out!
Cat x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Music always cheers me up. Dance to a song.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I play dress up while listening to the Spice Girls and dancing. Also, I go to a pet store and play with puppies. Puppies make me happy.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Ah I always buy stuff when I'm in a crappy mood... Retail therapy I guess... I also do pretty crazy craft projects I somehow come up with... I also sometimes go to a place and just take a bunch of pictures... just depends... whatever you do dont sit around the house... get out and do something... even if you pamper yourself a bit and get a mani pedi ...that would make me really happy
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #5  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

One of the things that i ALWAYS love doing is going to a craft store like hobby lobby or michaels and buying something to do...Make stuff to decorate a room or something. They sell styrophome (sp...lol) squares and rectangles and stuff, and you can buy them and cover them with either really cool wrapping paper or fabric and hang them on your wall...or you could buy a canvas and paints and paint (you don't have to be an artist to make art...and it doesn't have to be perfect. imperfections make things special and unique =D)...

Learn to knit or crochett...or they have something called a latch hook kit...and you can make like little rugs and stuff.

when I'm occupied I generally tend to feel better.

I've ALWAYS wanted to make one of these...
http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/sch.../081402a_2.htm

OR you could always cook something. I know that's not as fun when you're on a diet...but if you know someone who you think maybe THEY need cheering up, bake them some cookies or brownies (if you can still resist them that is...lol) and take them to them.

Also, something that generally makes me feel really good is when I completely clean and then re-arrange my room. It's like a whole new space just for me =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #6  

Something crazy? If I were living in Scotland, I'd take a train to someplace new, and explore! I'd look for little thrift stores or get something to eat at a local cafe. Bring your camera and look for the beauty in everyday things. Just spend the day with yourself.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #7  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I like Kaybelle's idea......

When I was in my teens and early 20's, I always felt like I had to do something wild and crazy to feel happy or alive. That got me into a lot of the messes I got into..... and often if I wasn't doing something like that, I became depressed and felt like I wasn't living my life to the fullest... which was a downward spiral. Now I'm re-learning how to enjoy the simple, laid back pleasures in life..... doing stuff like what Kaybelle suggested.

I hope you feel better! Let us know what you end up doing!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #8  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I like the exploration idea too. Go someplace you haven't been before. It doesn't have to be a wild place, just a new one.

You could also find out if there's some 2 hour workshop or the like about something you enjoy / are interested in happening in your area soon and check it out.

I've done that before and I just find that it makes me feel a bit better because it shakes up my routine and keeps me from feeling like I'm in a complete rut
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

When im feeling very crappy I usually go back to nature. I go for a walk and look at the trees and everything beautiful around me. Sometimes I go horseback riding. Other times, I just go shopping! Do what makes you happy. We are all unique and special, different strokes for different folks, just cheer up and do whatever puts a smile on your face!!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote