Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/221/167

Height: 5'10

Default quitting the program?

Ok its been like 4 weeks since I've been to my center and I know haven't lost weight since my last weigh in and haven't gained weight either I don't think but I haven't fully stuck to the plans.. I've been considering giving up on going to my center and just doing this my own way with cheaper hns and stuff online and lots of exercise... So my question is has anyone else quit the prog and did their own thing? I just dread going to my weigh ins and I feel so guilty when I don't go and when I do cheat...
Michelle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

HEY DON'T QUIT. THE PROGRAM REALLY DOES WORK. IN THE BEGINNING I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS AND EVENTUALLY MY WEIGHT KICKED OFF. DO YOU GO TO THE CENTER IN BLUFFTON, IF SO SEE CAN THEY SWITCH YOU OVER TO THE MEAT LOVERS MENU. I HAD TO SWITCH OVER AND THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING STEADY FOR ME. AND REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO STAY ON POINT IN ORDER TO LOSE THE BIG NUMBERS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. PLEASE JUST TRY A LITTLE BIT HARDER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle86 View Post
Ok its been like 4 weeks since I've been to my center and I know haven't lost weight since my last weigh in and haven't gained weight either I don't think but I haven't fully stuck to the plans.. I've been considering giving up on going to my center and just doing this my own way with cheaper hns and stuff online and lots of exercise... So my question is has anyone else quit the prog and did their own thing? I just dread going to my weigh ins and I feel so guilty when I don't go and when I do cheat...

Last edited by angelofsc; 11-02-2009 at 03:35 PM.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

what is the meat lovers menu????
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #4  

There is a meat lovers menu? Is it just eating more meat and less veggies? I'm embarrassed to go to my center and weigh in and not lose any weight and if I say I've been off the plan some I get even more embarrassed.. Its super hard for me cause at work the temptation is there, I work with 3 girls that don't watch what they eat and we always get good stuff from our company reps that come to visit and then at my home, my husband is a runner so he loads up on carbs and a fave of his (and mine) is spicy chicken and rice... I do go to the one in bluffton..
Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6''

Michelle - you remind me of my husband. He and I started together on plan in 2007 and he struggled. He didn't like weigh ins and cheated, then did the guilty feeling thing when he would go.

First, I'm gonna encourage you to stick with it too, but MRC isn't for everyone. If you feel like you aren't going to be successful, then go in and talk to a consultant and be honest with them. If there is one that you know you like, make an appt with that one. Have a conversation with them. Don't be afraid or let the guilt hold you back. If you want to continue on the program, be firm about it, don't let them talk you into doing something you're not comfortable with...they're good at that by the way.

If you do leave the program I know there are girls here who are doing the program alone. I tried it for a while, but didn't like it. I need the accountability.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted on what you do, we'll support you either way.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #6  

Thanks hvn.. What happened when your husband quit? Did they say anything or charge anything?

And I'm still curious about this meat lovers menu lol
Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

The meat lovers menu is a menu that gives you more protein. For the first 2 weeks you have protein, 2 oz vegetables, and a fat. For lunch you have the same but it 4 oz of vegetables and the same for dinner. After week two you add a fruit for lunch and after 2 weeks you add a carb a week. So if that sounds like something you might like go for it. The fruits are limited. Also you can have peanuts and almonds if you choose. Well I hope this helps.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275.6/171.6/160.0

Height: 5'5

Please dont quit you are just having a slump right now. Yes it is hard when you have temptations all around you but that is going to happen and you just have to say to yourself I can do this. Do you take something for the cravings? I have found that Chromium Picolinate helps me a lot especially when I first started MRC. I get it from walmart the 800 mg. I take one a day.
WANTING IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

I quit two times previously in 2006 and 2007 - and gained all the weight back...always stopped after loosing 20 pounds or so...this time I am determined to get to goal and reach stabilization and maintenance...without these steps its just a diet program, i need to learn how to stabilize and maintain...it is not easy and i am sick of the program but I know it works, i am down 56 pounds and have my final 20 to go....
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/202/142

Height: 5.4

Hi Michelle86 and angelofsc I also live in the Beaufort area and go to the center in Bluffton. I'm on the Blue menu and it has been trying at times to stay OP. Right after I started my MIL died, I had to haul around my salad all during the funeral. There was so much food everywhere, I almost quit but the money investment has made me stick it out. I feel so good eating this way. I'm only losing about 2.0 Ilbs a week but I'm ok woth that. I hope you hang in there!
amixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6''

Michelle, Hubby did quit. Actually he let his contract lapse and then didn't re-sign. Here's my suggestion for you. I don't know how long your contract is, but try to stick it out until it runs out. Give it one last good shot. If you want some hints, let me know and I'll help ya. Send a private message on here if you want to. Let your center know that you're not planning on re-signing. If they guilt you, see someone different the next week. You have to be bold. Don't let them get to you. You are your own person and this will be a waste for you if you don't want to do it. (this is exactly what i told hubby).

No, the center won't charge you anything to quit, but they won't refund you either. This is why you might just wanna stick it out through your contracted period. You spent the money, might as well reap something from it.

If you do quit and want to try to do it alone...good for you, do it! You have the menu, follow it as best as you can. If you eat anything off plan, think about whether you really want it or not. Then eat at least half of what you would have eaten before.

I'm sure not trying to talk you out of the program. Hubby gained his weight back and is now calorie counting to lose it again. It's working, slowly, but it's working. I think MRC is great and I'm glad I came back to it (i quit while i was pregnant and just came back after my son turned 1).

Please let me know if I can help any more. I want you to succeed whether it's on your own or with MRC. ~Sam
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote