Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #1  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Default Feel like weight loss isn't showing

I know most people go through a period with their weight loss when no one notices that you have lost a good amount of weight. I have lost 32 pounds and that is a lot of weight to me. I can notice the difference and do have at least 40 more pounds to lose. I guess by this point I was expecting friends and people at work to comment on my appearance. Thanks for reading my vent or whine, lol. I know people will eventually notice, it's just frustrating me right now.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #2  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Youre doing great! I feel the same way actually but Ive only lost 14. Perhaps its just where you have lost the weight up to this point? People might notice if youre losing weight in the face but if you're losing mostly in the thighs and stomach or something it might be harder to tell with work clothes on?

Just give it time and Im sure people will be dieing to know your secret! Keep it up and stay strong! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Like VernDern said, "hold on to your hat"! Pretty soon everyone will be clamoring to know "your secret". Congrats on your loss!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #4  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I know for me it got to the point that I was up and down the scales so much that it just got old for my long time friends and family.

There is a group of people (vet office) that have only known me as "fat" and in the last couple months I have been in there twice and not one person has said anything..... yea it's kinda annoying, I've lost 40 pounds and no one noticed. It's not like I don't know these people, with five dogs and one cat I'm a regular. Come to think of it, my hairdresser hasn't said anything either and I've been going to him every 10-12 weeks. He has also only known me as fat. I see him this week, it will be interesting to see if he says anything.

Edited to add:
Just asked Mack about this and he said that in the work environment he would never bring this up because of the "political correctness" issues.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 11-02-2009 at 07:36 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hydra--I understand how you feel. Other than my family, only one person noticed for the longest time. I have now lost almost 28 pounds and a few people are beginning to notice. I agree with what the others have said, people will start noticing all at once.

I read a great analogy here that I keep in mind when I feel a bit down about the issue. It is in this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...oes-start.html

Keep on keeping on!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #6  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree - I think most of my friends and family have seen me on some kind of plan, and while they encourage me, they try not to make an issue out of it, or bring it up unless I do - because they don't want to make it an "issue"

While I may see a curve coming back between my waist and thigh while i'm naked, i'm not sure it's obvious to others!

Hang in there- pretty soon the people noticing will start speaking up
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there Hydra. In the past I've felt the same way, surprised and a little bummed that no one seems to notice the results I am seeing. But then it seems like something just clicks, a light goes on, and people start to notice and compliment all at once. I'm looking forward to that day!
Healthfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there Hydra. In the past I've felt the same way, surprised and a little bummed that no one seems to notice the results I am seeing. But then it seems like something just clicks, a light goes on, and people start to notice and compliment all at once. I'm looking forward to that day!
Healthfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hydra, I went through the same thing. 25#s, and only in the last week has anybody said anything. It is aggravating, and a little discouraging, but you can't let it get you down. For me, a lot of it was that I was wearing clothes that were too snug when I started losing (and I'd accumulated a lot of shapeless sweaters as well), so I was still just wearing the same stuff. It wasn't until I started digging out some different clothes, that actually fit, that people started to notice.

The changes you're making are tremendous in terms of your long-term health. When you feel good, it radiates ... and people WILL notice.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #10  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

This is funny subject. Some people will notice and comment right away, others will never comment. I have been at this for over a year and a very close friend of mine just said something a few weeks ago, after I had lost over 50 pounds!
In the beginning when people made comments it was like some just went on and on about how much I lost and how much better I looked. It made me a little uncomfortable. You notice a difference and know that you are looking better and feeling better! Keep at it!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #11  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Thanks so much everyone. I know people will eventually notice and comment on my weight loss. I think it's important for us to give ourselves credit for all our hard work. The thing to focus on is that we do feel and look better.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 AM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Keep it up, soon everyone will notice and the compliments will be constant! I felt the same way after I had lost 40 or so pounds. Then all of a sudden around a 50 lbs loss, people started telling me how great I looked. Now at 75 lbs I still get compliments but many of them have turned to comments about how thin I am instead of how great I look. Those are mostly from family members though so I try not to get too bothered by it. It will happen!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Yeah, I must admit that, with the amount of weight I`ve shed, I would have expected more attention. I`m semi-relieved that I was mistaken, but there are moments when I think - maybe, its not such a big deal after all? But other experiences make it all worthwhile - clothes shopping, dressing myself, catching my reflection in a mirror or window - the latter is increasing now in the dark season, it used to make me so uncomfortable, but I`m actually quite enjoying it just now as I quite like what I see!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #14  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

You mentioned "people at work". I just made my annual appearance at my office last week. It's been 13 months since any of them saw me. Most of my coworkers are men. A number of women noticed and even asked me what I was doing, but not even a hint that any of the guys noticed. I was talking to one of the women who asked me specifically if any of the men had commented and we came to 2 possible conclusions:

1. They are all married guys and have learned not a good idea to comment on a woman's weight OR

2. Despite 43 lbs lost, my bra cup size has only decreased from H to GG so they truly may not have noticed a thing about me has changed!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #15  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Have you changed the clothes that you are wearing yet? For me, that was when people started commenting because the clothes were shapelier...

CruiseCAT, too funny about your hair dresser. Mine *has* commented, and I told her that in fact she deserves all the credit. Since people, instead of noticing that I have lost weight, just ask me what I did with my hair... change the color, change the cut???
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote