Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/178/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Feeling worse as you get lighter?

So I've been doing the healthy living thing for just over two months now (and doing it well if I may say so) and the whole reason I started was to have more energy so I could be more productive. But it seems like the more weight I've lost, the more I feel I slow down and feel tired. Its not debilitating in any way, I just expected to feel better rather than worse. Has anyone else hit this problem? According to the scale tonight I'm two pounds away from the high end of "normal" for my height, and I couldn't feel better about that! I'm still eating really well and working out 30 min. to an hour at least 3 times a week. So I can't figure out why I feel sluggish - maybe it'll pass, but if anyone else out there has dealt with this I'd LOVE the feedback. Thanks~
nrz242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/192/140

Height: 5'4

Hey girl,
It could be lots of things. Not sleeping enough, calorie intake, or the types of food you eat.
If I'm low on energy or have a headache, I listen to my body and take a nap or eat... I don't start loading on the caffeine.
And though this is hard, and definitely dread it sometimes, I'll force myself to workout. By the end of it I feel completely better!
g8torgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Try putting your food into a software/online tracker - if you're eating a low calorie diet, even a sensible level one, it is very, very difficult to get enough vits and mins from food alone. A supplement might help - I know it did for me.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

i would say you must be eating a small amount of calories so your energy is low, and that is a problem that can easily be fixed. if you are losing more then 2 pounds per week, low calorie intake and nutrition deficit is the cause of your problem!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #5  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

I agree with everyone else, what is your diet like? You may not be getting enough fats. Since the brain is mostly made of fat people who don't eat enough of them compromise how it works and thus experience mood problems.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

I get like this when I neglect my protien and my healthy oils.. As soon as I dont have protien for a couple days I am draggin my butt.. My mom put it the best... Make sure you are eating at least one good chunk of meat a day,, and I notice right away when I have not eaten my protein...
s200n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #7  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

I agree, you might not be eating enough calories to balance out the calories you're burning when you exercise. For example, when I work out for 30 minutes 6 days a week I can eat between 1200 and 1500 calories, but when I work out for an hour 6 days a week I can eat between 1350 and 1700 calories. Try a google search to see how many calories you should be eating in relation to how much you work out and make sure you're getting your healthy fats and proteins in!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/178/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the great advice! A little extra protein did help A LOT! and I'm definitely going to try a multivitamin as well. I've been doing mostly a vegetarian diet, not because I'm disciplined but just because I crave the fresh produce - anyways I don't count calories (just eat until I'm full) and when I did some research I found I'm falling below where I should be for calorie consumption so I need to improve on that too. Thanks again for the feedback!
nrz242 is offline   Reply With Quote