Old 10-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

Default Cool tips to help with weight loss. Add yours!

So I was thinking that I read here and there and find cool tips that may help you with weight loss. They work for many and may not work for all. But hey if there is a chance I might lose even an ounce of weight I will take it. And these are all healthy things, besides the obvious stuff like diet and exercise and eat atleast 5 small meals a day, dont eat after 6 pm etc etc.

I am talking about something more special.

I am sure we all have a trick or so we heard somewhere and we TRY to follow it. Now lets share our golden knowledge. Here we go.

1. have a glass of warm water with a few drops of lemon ( no sugar) every morning, first thing after you wake up. This is suppose to help you lose weight.

2. Warm drinks/water is better for you than cold ones. So next time you want to treat yourself to a frappacino(sp?) go for a hot latte instead. The calories from cold drinks are harder to burn than from hot ones.

3. Green tea -- i think everyone probably already knows this. drink green tea. try to have it in the morning or last thing after dinner. No sugar or sweetener added preferably. Its also suppose to help with weight loss.

4. add good fats to your diet. This gives your body a chance to replace teh bad fats in your body with good fats. Again good for health and weight loss. Some fats help speed up metabolism. Ex. extra virgin coconut oil. Try replace your oil etc with 1 tbsp coconut oil instead per day. Not a lot obviously.

Well i thinks thats all I know.

ANy one else wants to share?? plz
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #2  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

No elastic pants allowed at events centered around eating, i.e. holiday meals, bbq's, etc. I guess this is a weight loss tip, LOL
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

My sister has a fridge magnet that says something like "a moment in the mouth, an eternity on the waist".
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaCee J View Post
No elastic pants allowed at events centered around eating, i.e. holiday meals, bbq's, etc. I guess this is a weight loss tip, LOL
The only thing I can really say is eat less exercise more.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2

I can't really think of any exciting tips that I have...

only the cliche ones that I guess everyone knows haha.

I make a point of not drinking my calories. So if I'm thirsty, its water or tea, not juice or coke.

Other than that I basically have a no junk food at all policy. Technically, yes, I could squeeze a handful of chips into my calorie allowance... but as a binger I would never be able to stop at a few. I would eat the whole bag for sure.

I also like to keep my skinny jeans in a place where I can see them all the time. I'm most likely to binge while sitting in my bedroom, so if they're hanging over the back of the door, it makes it harder for me to binge... it's like they're watching me or something haha

ummm, I've also been trying to use roiibos tea with low cal soy milk, sweetened with splenda to get rid of my cravings for sweet things. This generally results in me drinking about 8 cups of tea per day :P

I'm sure I'll think of more later!
rose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

There is a show on the Food Network called Food Detectives, and they actually said on there that drinking ice cold water burns a few more calories. It only works because the water itself has no calories, so since the body to heat it back up it burns more cals than you're consuming. Obviously it's not a large amount of cals and couldn't replace exercise, but I thought it was pretty cool.

I have also heard that if you drink a glass of water before you eat a meal it will make you feel fuller faster and therefore not eat as much.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashinjunkie09 View Post
There is a show on the Food Network called Food Detectives, and they actually said on there that drinking ice cold water burns a few more calories. It only works because the water itself has no calories, so since the body to heat it back up it burns more cals than you're consuming. Obviously it's not a large amount of cals and couldn't replace exercise, but I thought it was pretty cool.

I have also heard that if you drink a glass of water before you eat a meal it will make you feel fuller faster and therefore not eat as much.
Plus, the difference in temp is so minute that it really doesn't matter, comparatively speaking. I do know that I can do a lot of damage at Starbucks with hot drinks just as I can with cold drinks. This is where a good rule of minimizing drinking your calories comes in really handy!

I just read this in Self and it's one I apply every year: On big meal days like Thanksgiving, don't "save up" your calories. I like to start my day with exercise and a good breakfast with protein and fiber to help thwart me going completely nuts when the big meal is served.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #8  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

keep an picture of you at your highest weight on the fridge, and if you're tempted to eat something bad for you, just think, do I want to look like that again??

works for me.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #9  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
keep an picture of you at your highest weight on the fridge, and if you're tempted to eat something bad for you, just think, do I want to look like that again??

works for me.
I pretty much do the same thing, except I put the picture on my desk. I'm at my desk a lot so when I get the urge to binge I look at the picture and realize that junk food is how I got that way.
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165.5/126/125

Height: 5'1

My favorite weight loss tip is switching up your workout instead of doing the same old stuff. I went around experimenting with different exercise classes to just try something new and ended up finding cardio pole dancing. Its so much fun its not even like working out, so I do that 4 times a week, and I don't even really consider it working out, so I often go and hit the gym on those days too. I also have tried boxing and still do that once or twice a week. But switching up my workouts has made exercise more enjoyable, and my weightloss has been coming along great
LeiLah913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6.5"

I think the best thing I do to lose weight is to just not keep sweets/junk food in the house. If I have a craving, I have to put on my shoes, go all the way downstairs, and drive to the store to get it. Thinking about the time it takes to do that is a huge deterrent, and even if I end up going, the craving has usually passed by the time I get to the store, sometimes even by the time I get to the car.
beatific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

rose89 I love your advice about -- DONT DRINK YOUR CALORIES!!!
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

i second beatific's post about not keeping junk in the house. i also have to keep my hands busy, because i eat when they're not. this is harder since i quit smoking, but i love things like knitting and i just get lost in the motion. it really helps!
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #14  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

keep track of when you are eating what calories- how much you're having for dinner, breakfast, snacks, lunch. I only just realised how much I snack!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #15  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Try to eat more whole foods and less processed foods. By making your own meals you know exactly what you're getting nutritionally.
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote