Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Binge Free Day!

Hey all! I'm not new to this site (or weight loss) but I've realized that my eating has gotten out of control in the past month. I lost about 20 pounds from April-July and have since maintained my weight loss, even though I'd like to lose those last 5-10 at some point, but I'm pretty happy where I am. I work out every day, have become a pretty serious runner (love it!) and am overall feeling really great about my new healthy lifestyle...except for the bingeing that has made its way back into my life. I'll eat really well all day, sticking to my plan and staying within my calories, and then after dinner, something just goes haywire and I start eating all of the healthy snacks that I have around! Luckily, I never turn to unhealthy food, but too many healthy calories = too many calories! My weight has crept up almost 5 pounds and it's making me VERY uncomfortable, so I need to regain control of my eating and put an end to these binges! I think I've just gotten so complacent with where I am because I'm happy, but it's not even about the weight, it's about having a healthy relationship with food and being able to say NO when I just want to keep eating!

So here's what I propose: I saw your great thread for binge emergencies (wonderful idea!), but I was thinking we could check into this thread every day and make sure we're all staying binge free. So post when you have a great, successful day to encourage us all but also when you slip up because that'll hopefully help keep up accountable. Is anyone else on board? I could sure use the support and you girls seem like a really great group. Thanks for listening!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #2  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Yes! I have had a binge-free day so far. That's two days in a row!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #3  

Skyra - Way to go on 2 days in a row! Yesterday was great for me and my weight is finally down to normal and I wanna keep it that way! Let's say we make today another healthy, binge free day! You with me?
Old 10-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #4  
better, faster, stronger

TakingCharge -- yes, I'm with you! Hopefully this thread will help. It's a weekend day and I don't have much to do, which is always dangerous territory for me. But I'll be here to post at the end of the day, which I think will keep me from binging. This thread is a great idea. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I also had a binge free day yesterday and so far this day is going GREAT! I will be going to Chili's for tonight though for a friend's bday but I plan on getting some soup for an appetizer and a guiltless grill chicken sandwhich! Of course we'll be going to the bar afterwards though and I plan on having rum and cokes all nights. Yes I know that drinking is big no no when dieting but ya know what? After this week and the stress of school I NEED a few drinks! Wishing everyone a happy and binge free night!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #6  

Skyra - I hope to hear a good report from you tonight!

Dugserb - Good job yesterday! It seems like you have a good plan for tonight. There's nothing wrong with incorporating drinking into your life! The worst problem for me is when I get home after a few drinks and wanna eat my whole kitchen! But as long as you're careful with that, you should be great!

Hoping to report good news tonight!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #7  

Another binge free day! Woohoo! How bout you girls?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 AM   #8  

Yep. Doing really well on the binging front. Long May It Last!

One thing I discovered is that although I do like some healthy nice foods, I recently found I have an absolute PASSION for honeycrisp apples. They're almost as good as cake is - to me. Lots less calories. So that's one of my treats.
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #9  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Binge-free, binge-free!

Yesterday (Saturday) was my fifth day officially abstinent, which includes no binges.

I feel totally different, like I should have lost 100 lbs or something.

I feel like a whole new person.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #10  
better, faster, stronger

TakingCharge -- to report -- I did REALLY well on my food. Spectacularly good, actually!

The problem is that me and some friends went out to a bar, and I drank too much. :blush: Too many unnecessary calories. It wasn't a binge, exactly, but I still drank more than I was intending to.

How did your day go?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #11  

Blondewoman - Yum, I love apples! That's part of the problem though - I tend to binge on fruit! I just cant seem to stop at one apple lately, but I'm getting it under control!

EarthShaker - 5 days! That's awesome! I totally know what you mean about feeling SO much lighter. It's such a great feeling!

Skyra - I'm glad to hear you did so well with your food! The alcohol..well...haha. It happens though. The key is that you didn't let it ruin the rest of your night and let the drunk munchies take over. Good job!!

I'm doing well! 2 good days in a row and my weight is back to 137 (it was up to 142, which is something I told myself I never wanted to see again!). I feel so much better and just have to keep this up. Why do we torture our bodies so much by stuffing them with food? I work out, I brush my hair, put on make up, take care of myself in every other way, so why is it ok to fill up my stomach past the point of fullness? Well, it's not, and that's what I need to keep telling myself. Thanks for listening everyone!
Old 10-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #12  

Well I'm sad to report that my 2 days of being binge free ended last night. I went out for a friends birthday and did really well at dinner. But then of course at the bar ppl bought me more drinks than I had intended on drinking and I was having a good time ect. So at 3am we stopped at a White Castle for some sliders then once we got home I dove into the cookies :-( While we were talking I just kept on eating and eating and before I knew it I had eaten the entire bag :-( I felt so horrible....and still feel horrible. I'm starting to notice how much a turn my self esteem has taken for the worse. Ever picture we took last night I didn't like I what I saw....I nitpicked over everything and I just felt a level of disgust with every picture :-( It's never been that bad before. I've had self esteem issues since I was a kid and after having failing relationships it just keeps getting worse. I really do sometimes wish I had money to go see a therapist :-/

~D~
Old 10-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #13  

D - Sorry about the binge! I know how much it sucks to be doing so well and then totally blow it and feel like crap right after. I'm also really sorry to hear about your self esteem issues. I think we can all relate, but it's so true that when you're taking good care of yourself (working out, eating right, no binges), you feel SO much better about yourself, even if you haven't lost a pound! Those are the things we need to focus on and just keep reminding ourselves (and each other!) that you CAN improve your self esteem just be taking care of yourself and don't beat yourself up when you make a mistake! It happens to absolutely everyone, but it's how you pick yourself back up and move on that is telling of your true strong character. So make sure to have a great day and take care of yourself today! We're all here to support you if you need to talk!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default is this bottom?

Hey everyone,
I am wondering if I am hitting bottom. If I am wondering, I probably haven't!

I pigged out again yesterday. My belts are on the last loop and my "fat jeans" are tight. I can't wait to get home and pull on sweats because all my regular clothes are uncomfortable. I know this all sounds miserable (it is), but I am also feeling really determined to figure out why I keep doing this. I am really ready to make a change. I am ready to take the challenge seriously this week.

I have been thinking about all that makes me eat like this and I am coming up with all sorts of stuff; feelings about my self-worth being wrapped up in being thin, how I comfort myself; how I numb my feelings, etc.

I know this sounds kind of crazy, but I think my overeating is been actually part of the journey to FREE myself from being obsessed about my weight and counting calories. It is like I had to prove to myself that being thin doesn't matter. I am just as valuable and lovable no matter what my weight is. My binges are (metaphorically) like a big, round, comforting auntie who is feeding me pie while she tells me I am great just the way i am and ain't nobody going to take that away from me. But I am ready to send auntie home. I can trust myself that i can take care of myself and comfort myself without the food. I trust that I can handle all the fear about being unlovable, unattractive or alone. I don't need auntie and her sweet pies anymore. I think I have gone a little bonkers the last few days because I know I am getting close to the end and I am stuffing every last bite in before it is curtains for my love affair with food.

I also don't know how to really do this. When I have "dieted" in the past, I become so obsessed about every little calorie and panic whenever I have any social event that involves food. All my food issues have been such a secret; I don't want anyone to know about my binging, but I don't want them to notice that I am dieting, either. I am scared about what this next phase will bring--can I diet without going off the deep end?

I know this is just the beginning of the really hard part, but I think with all your support I can do it.

(sorry about the book)
KL
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #15  

I am also obsessed with wanting to know WHY i binge as well. And the obsessing over the calories stresses me out. But I can already tell that i may have no other choice BUT to count calories because ever since I sort of stopped doing it and just thought I could wing it, I've binged :-( I'm just so tired of thinking about it all the time.....

~D~