Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #1  

Default Weight Loss & Chest

My question is ... does it take a significant amt off your chest when you lose weight or does very little come off?

Last edited by Smilette31; 12-05-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I think it depends on the person. I lost 15 lbs and actually went up a cup size! Band size stayed the same so I know I didn't just trade that. I'm a 36 D/DD so I'm not terribly huge but was still a bit baffled when I went in for a new bra! Good luck! Maybe consider getting the reduction surgery sooner than later? It might make exercising a bit easier and I know at least for me, when my backs not hurting I eat much healthier then when it's really aching, all I want is comfort food.
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
Workin' It

I lost pretty much everything I had in my boobs, but I was never huge to begin with. I was a 34 Nearly B in high school (love Playtex Just My Size ), moved up to a 34C in college, had gotten to a 36C/D at the high weight. By the time I finished losing I was a 34AAA. In the last 10 pounds of weight loss it was like someone squeezed my boobies out like two water balloons...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think it's completely variable.

I have gone down mostly in band size more than cup size, which means I'm in a larger cup size than before I gained weight. I'm not exactly sad about that . Although I wasn't exactly small-breasted before I gained, I wasn't large either. Then again, the last 5-10 pounds might make all the difference. Breast size doesn't always go down evenly across your weight loss. It might happen mostly in one particular range - earlier for some people, later for others.

So you just don't know. Not a great answer, but you really just don't know until you get there.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  

Thanks for the input ladies.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

sadly my boobies are the first to say bye bye if it weren't for my butt you couldn't tell if I was coming or going..
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #7  

I always had a large chest - even from puberty when I was small all over. Sadly when I started to lose weight (going from 262 to 133) my breasts pretty much disappeared. I'm now a B cup but even that is mostly just lose skin mascarading as breasts!

I had contemplated breast reduction surgery before I lost the weight and now I'm comtemplating having a lift!

I think everyone is different - wait and see how it goes for you - if you lose a significant amount of weight absolutely some of that will come from your breasts, just how much is uncertain.
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

My family is full of large breasted women too and I was no exception, until about 15 pounds ago. I went from a 38 DDD at 190 lbs (only cause it was the only thing at Walmart that I could get my boobies into down to a 32 G at 140 lbs and now I am down to about a 30 F at 115 lbs. I am too cheap to go buy a new fitted bra so I am wearing a standard 34 D (the band is big). I do not look big at all and wear small and xtra small tshirts. My back no longer hurts. I would definitely say you will reach a point where the weight has to come off there too.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #9  

I might end up having to have a lift instead of a reduction too! Ha Ha.

Last edited by Smilette31; 12-05-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #10  

I do agree that it depends on the woman. Some of us lose quite a bit in our chest when we diet. I think you could figure it out like this: If, when you were gaining the weight, you found that your breasts got bigger, you had to keep going up cup sizes as well as band sizes, then when you lose the weight, you'll lose that.

Body building can affect things a bit, though. The muscles support the breast tissue and I think this can result in not dropping so many bra sizes. I'm wondering if- for those of you who stayed roughly the same or went up a cup size- if that's why, since so many of us are also exercising in addition to dieting.

Last edited by BlondeWoman; 10-19-2009 at 12:23 AM.
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 AM   #11  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

It depends on how much of your breast is breast tissue and how much is fat. That varies significantly from person to person.

You won't lose much breast tissue, but you will lose fat proportionately from your boobs as for the rest of your body. Mine are smaller and saggier, but thanks to a family history of breast cancer and regular mammograms I already knew that. Unfortunately DH didn't and was a little bit disappointed to begin with.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Just depends on the person...I lost 80 pounds and went from a 38D to a 32B...but have to wear a C cup because of loose, saggy skin. Blech...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

It's a very individual thing. I have lost 140 lbs overall but no cup size--I went from a 48DD (tight, it was way too small so I don't know exactly what size I should have been) to a 38DD now. I will shrink at least 1-2 more band sizes before I hit goal but I doubt I'm going to lose any cup. Primm's explanation makes a lot of sense. Of course the cups in a 38DD are a lot smaller than the cups in a 48DD, so the size has gone down, but proportionately. I'm one of those lucky folks who loses around the middle first and everywhere else later, my waist is tiny now. Genetic luck of the draw.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote