Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default I bought a pair of pants one size smaller...

Than I actually wear to help motivate me/keep me on track to lose. Do you do the same?
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

I have done so in the past, but I stopped losing weight and never got to wear it. It was shorts and a cute tank top. I'm guessing I'll be wearing them next summer. I had a pair of jeans from last time I slimmed down and in January, there was No. Way. In. Heck. that they would fit me--I couldn't zip them. I kept trying them on and am now wearing them again. So I think have a goal piece of clothing can be very motivating!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Let me tell you.....lol

I have outgrown ALL of my jeans. I have like 20 pairs in the closet and I cant wait to be able to wear all of those clothes again! I have one pair of jeans that fit right now and I refuse to buy any bigger sizes even though I desperately need them but ehhh, its more to motivate me!

Keep working hard to get in em! Stay Strong! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Yes I just did that recently. I bought a cute top that I can squeeze into and probably get away with, but after 10lbs it will be perfect. I have it hanging in my closet on display so that I see it everyday. Oh, and it's strapless!

I'm not brave enough to do that with pants, but I did pull out some old pants that I haven't been able to wear in a few years and try them on every month to see how far I can button them up... some of them I'm able to fit into already!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I did that recently as well for two reasons, that I can fit into them soon and it is inspiring, and I have a nice buffering of pants so when my size 24s start to become too large I will have something that I can fit into. My problem is that when I buy clothes and after awhile they start to sag and look horrible as the weight comes off (which is great, but also frustrating on my budget lol). Or they just fall off of me..i mean who wants to be out and about constantly hiking up their pants lol.

So, right now I can easily fit into my new size of 24 and I have size 22s waiting in the wings! lol I also have a skirt I would love to wear too!

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-14-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #6  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I did but for different reasons lol They were on clearence! Ha -- so I though yanno I will get into these in a month or two - less than a month later they fit!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

I also have a ton of old smaller sized jeans that used to fit and I refuse to get rid of them. I should take a pair out and hang them where I can see them... I like that idea for motivation...
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #8  

Yeah, I totally do this with pants, dresses, skirts, tops...mostly I get stuff at thrift stores so if something ends up just not fitting right even after I lose the weight, or something like that, that it is not a big investment of money. I actually have a 'clothes I will wear when I am skinner' drawer and on occasion pull things out just to see my progress. Pulled out a size ten liz claiborne skirt last week and fit into it and have been wearing it. Woot!

I find clothing is helpful and the numbers on the scale can vary for so many reasons, but you can't fool a zipper!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yup! Actually lately most of my clothes are starting to fit again- I have a few size 14s sitting in my closet- I even bought one pair that was on sale for $9! I tried them on, I can get them all the way up just can't button them- SOOO CLOSE!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

I do it all the time

some of the stuff i bought at the beginning fits me now, the rest will come in time.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #11  
Workin' It

I didn't have to buy my own - my mother had gotten me several outfits that were slightly too small but too nice to toss over the course of my life, so I was ready. Way to help my self esteem, mom... beat me down emotionally when they didn't fit, but did give me something to work towards...

I think getting something in a smaller size as a target is a great idea. Particularly if you catch some in the middle range sizes on sale here and there to get you to your goal.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I have a full pants/skirt wardrobe in one size smaller than I'm wearing now, so those have become my goals. I attempt not to try them on too often because I just find it depressing.
I live with three roommates, one is two sizes smaller than me, one who is three sizes smaller than me, both doing WW with me. So, I figure I'll use THEIR old clothes as my goals and avoid buying a bunch of new stuff. It will save us all money
And I've just given up on fitting into the third roommates stuff (she is a size zero!)
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

I recently was cleaning out my closet and found like 3 pair of work pants that I bought over a year ago...that still had tags on them! I never wore them because I couldn't get them past my fat thighs! Well surprise surprise, they all fit now. I also have a piar of jeans from express that I paid almost $100 for that I refused to get rid of because I loved them. I am about 15 lbs from fitting into them again! I love the idea of having cute clothes as motivation, it really works for me.
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #14  

I did that recently, because I always buy like, 2 pairs that fit, and then, a month or 2 later, they don't fit, and I have no pants again! So when I was at old navy a month or so ago, (i get most of my clothes there now) I bought 1 pairs that fit (and one from the gap, to have 2 pair), one that would fit "soon" and one that would fit "not as soon but like, 10 pounds from now". because there clothes are pretty cheap to begin with, some was on clearance, and I had a killer coupon from my sis so that I didn't have to make an emergency full price pants trip the next time.

I already am in the "soon". I didn't have to buy emergency pants! I HATE pants shopping. And soon, maybe another month or two, I'll be in the next pair, and STILL not have to buy pants! Well, I will, but at least the ones I have wont be around my ankles, and I won't have to buy 2 pairs full price, just 1.

Last edited by Tarisaande; 10-14-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote