Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 09:36 AM   #1  

Smile newbie on ww but am losing!!!!

Hello All!!!, i started ww 8weeks ago and have lost 18.4lbs and i still have 110lbs to go any ideas on recipes for snacks.....i do get bored with eating the same things all the time......i love ww this time yes i have tried before but now at the age of 53 i am ready willing and able to do this....right?
any new friends i would love to have so let me know about you
thanks for listening , marlene
Old 07-30-2002, 11:17 AM   #2  

well i gained back 2lbs last week i am so disappointed but my husband was home all week and was eating eating and eating so hopefully i will lost that plus this week...could use ur support and stories on how u handled this situation
Old 07-30-2002, 04:03 PM   #3  

Hiya, Marlene!

Weight loss always has ups and downs - I tend to look at my weight on a monthly basis (even though I weigh in weekly). If I'm seeing an over-all downward trend then I figure I'm on track. I took fifteen years to reach my all-time high weight - its gonna take several years at least to lose it all - its just the nature of the beast.

Welcome to our forums - you'll enjoy them, I hope!
Old 07-30-2002, 06:33 PM   #4  

Hi Marlene, It sounds like you are doing pretty good all in all. Your name Not Looking Back is a great name and it would be a good idea to do that every time you experience a gain. It doesn't do any good to worry about the past week.

I get tired of the same thing, too. I've been doing this for 20 months. Whenever I get a little tired of the same things, I go thru the store with my points counter and look at things I think I might like. My goal shopping is to get the most that I can eat for the least amount of points! Rold Gold butter checkers are my new favorite. You can have 20 for 2 points. Rold Gold pretzel sticks are good too and you can have 48 for 2 points! They take the edge off when you are hungry. Also, I love the skinny cows, but, the fat free or sugar free fudgesicles are only 1 point. I love those, too. I've got tons of ideas, but if there is something you miss, go to the store and find something to replace it thats low in points. Like, I am a pasta freak. I could eat a whole box of spaghetti. So, I make a spaghetti squash and eat sauce with that and fill up first before I have a little pasta. Then, I don't want to eat a whole lot. Squash is free and the low sugar, low fat sauce is very low in points.

Hope you have a good week. Would like to help in anyway I can.

If I could do it, you can too.

Take care. Pat Hatt
[email protected]
Old 07-31-2002, 03:43 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Welcome Marlene,

I'd like to invite you to join us at the Countdown thread. We're a friendly group with a lot to lose.

You'll find that slip ups and set backs are a part of learning this new lifestyle, and that what it has to b a lifestyle NOT a diet. Just get right back On Programs as soon as you can and put the mistakes behind you. Use them as a learning experience.

Hope to see yuo next door.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:50 PM   #6  

Default just want to share this happening

well thanks for all the support and tips i really appreciate them and already eat some of those 1pt foods...like today though i ate a yogurt and ww snack bar so that was 4pts before going to the grocery store and by the time i got to the check out i was having a low sugar attack to the point i almost fainted but definitely was in another world...i got so sweaty it just dripped off of me and my clothes and hair were soaked then my vision got blurry and i felt disoriented so i drank a regular soda and some skinny snacks but it took it a while to subside and then i fell asleep when i woke up i made dinner and now i feel fine but what a terrible feeling that was............................................... ..........
Closed Thread