Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #1  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers Oct 12 - 18

Good Morning Chickies!

Where is everybody? If Columbus could get up today so can we!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

So i have a question mj2007...if you guys celebrate thanksgiving today does that mean that you guys dont celebrate thanksgiving in November when the rest of the world celebrates it? I have always been curious about that so i thought i would ask hope you dont mind..have a happy thanksgiving!
hbieber2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #4  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbieber2006 View Post
So i have a question mj2007...if you guys celebrate thanksgiving today does that mean that you guys dont celebrate thanksgiving in November when the rest of the world celebrates it? I have always been curious about that so i thought i would ask hope you dont mind..have a happy thanksgiving!
Thanks
No...Thanksgiving is a North American tradition( US and Canada only).
We celebrate 2nd Monday of Oct and you all 4th Thursday of November.
Ours signifies being thankful at the end of a successful harvest season which is around this time in Canada.

Last edited by mj2007; 10-12-2009 at 01:52 PM.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #5  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Hey everybody -

Turkey day for me here today. Turkey is in the oven and I have a couple of friends coming for dinner. Just have a little bit more housework to do and get the veggies cut up and ready to go to be cooked. I'll definitely be looking at turkey recipes over the next few days so I can use this stuff up without having the same thing every day. I'll freeze some too.

Not a lot new here for me. Quiet weekend here. It rained off and on all weekend so it made it difficult to do much of anything outside.

Must go baste the turkey..I'll check in later..happy Monday!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Happy Thanksgiving to all that live in Canada.

Not to much to report. The weekend flew by, my mom is doing great she says she feels better than she has in months, my kids have one more football game and one play off game and the season is over!!! I am ready for some quiet evenings at home, well as quiet as my home ever gets. Work seems to be slowing down a little too until the holidays when everyone stops getting along. We have a fall festival this weekend and it will be fun. I am excited about the events, not about the food. All those deep-fried things smell so good. I will resist though!!! I had some cake this weekend and was sick for hours after. Hope everyone is doing well.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! I ate too much this weekend! lol
So back in the office after a holiday weekend..blah! I had to come in early to fire someone..NOT something that helped me jump out of bed at 5:30 a.m.!
Anywho...in response to last week's thread...yep I'm on facebook. If you search Kristin Hutchinson you can find me I think. There's probably a few on there but I'm under the Halifax, NS network
I got my elliptical fixed last nighT! So gonna ease back into that starting tonight then when I get back from my work conference next week I am starting a new 30 day challenge on the Wii Active! I hope I get that new game for Christmas...Your Shape with the webcam and stuff..I hate dealing with the controllers when working out! And hey..maybe I'll get the Shred too!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
I am ready for some quiet evenings at home, well as quiet as my home ever gets.
Lol, Amy....I can appreciate your kind of quiet That got a very good chuckle out of me.

How are all the shredders doing? I have only been working out every other day or so, and skipped the entire weekend...oops. My kids were sick all last week, and baby Mia still is.....I am really starting to think they had one of the flus.......the exact same symptoms for all of them, fever, super achy, sore throat, cough, tummy ache......all the biggies. My mom says it is/was probably H1n1, cuz it is too early for the other flus. Whatever it is/was, it is awful.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends I hope you had a nice enjoyable holdiay I meant to get on here yesterday for that specific reason, but baby Mia was soooo crabby yesterday, I barely got online.

Well, I have to go shred....think I will start a new countdown....this being day 1. Rock on girls
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi.
been keeping up with the exercising. doing it about 5 or 6 days a week.

hope everyone is doing well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #10  
Alannah

Good Morning!

Turkey dinner last night went well and I wasn't overstuffed when I was done which was a nice feeling. I stopped before it got to that point.

Today on the radio they said the dreaded F-word for the first time......FLURRIES! (got ya!). It is cold and wet here today but so far the outlook is for sun most of the rest of the week. Still chilly but I can handle that.

Today is a good day to finish my book and get some housework done. Dishwasher is running now so everything will soon be all cleaned up from last night's dinner.

Not much new for me..have a great day!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #11  
Alannah

Kristin - on FB are you the one with the "96" jersey as your profile pic? Just wanted to check before I sent a friend invite
Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #12  

Yup, that is me!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Haha, Alannah, you stop it with that F word right now! I am teaching a psychic develpment class right now, and last week I told them I wanted to discuss the F word, since they were all letting it fly. They looked at my with shock, until I told them the F word in our group was Fear.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Ha! Katie and Alannah, you both made me laugh with your F words.

I've been a nervous wreck lately, with the DD still being sick and still no clue as to what is wrong. Except we don't think it is Meniere's disease any more or ulcers... Plus work has been insanely busy lately, and the pressure and stress and not sleeping well due to fretting and I just have not been eating well at all. Lately it seems all the weight my DD is losing, I'm gaining... Ha! Well hopefully it is not as much, as she has lost 30-40 pounds in less than 2 months. The last few days she has been able to eat a bit though and keep it down. The doctor called her today and scheduled an appt to discuss her test results, and I don't know if that is something to be alarmed about or not... Really when they do an MRI to rule out brain tumors, they really should not leave such obtuse messages at that.... Mother's worry you know. So anyway, I"m going with her tomorrow to hear what the doctor has to say. I don't know if it will be just that they didn't find anything wrong or if they did.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #15  

Oh Barbara I hate when doctor's won't tell you anything on the phone! Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. Hope everything is okay