Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Default Atkins is the way for me.

After trying many different thing even other low carb plans, I have finally decided that Atkins is the way for me. Came back to read a lot of this on 3fc Low carb thread and as usual Kim you inspired me. This is day 3 for me and I actually am not having all the withdrawal reactions I had when I tried this years ago. I think that maybe it is because I was doing other types of low carb programs. I had started really gaining weight again and at my age of 66, I just can't let myself gain all my weight back. I have actually dropped 4.5 lbs since I started Saturday. I know that is normal for the Induction time, but I am so thrilled that the scales are going down again. Also, that didn't happen when I did Atkins many years ago. I think I have a better understanding of the plan this time.

Any way just wanted to share. I think it is good to learn what does and doesn't work for us individually. There aren't anything wrong with the other plans, they just didn't work for me or fit my lifestyle. Atkins does. I wasn't sure about Atkins since it didn't work for me when I was in my 30s. But decided from reading more info that I didn't do it right before so wanted to give it another try. I am so glad that I did.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

back!
Glad you realized what works for you
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks Kim. What is so amazing to me is how simple, easy and enjoyable this has become for me. I don't know if I wasn't ready before or what. For one thing I like Intuitive Eating where you eat when you are hungry. I don't like having to eat by the clock and I don't like eating before I go to bed as I don't sleep good when I do that. Also, I read the article you posted reference to about the butter and cholesterol etc. I have always heard that margarine is bad news. I do use Stevia since it is a natural substitute, but not a lot of it and it doesn't trigger a hunger or craving.

I also think I'm gluten intolerant and I thought Atkins was great because I'm not eating grains.

Thanks for your info that you have taken the time to share here. It is inspiring and helped me see that I did a lot of things wrong when I tried this 30+ years ago. In fact, you are a real inspiration to me.

Have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote