Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Thumbs down bad start to the month

Tonight's just been a bad..bad...bad night. And I already had one bad night this week which was Wednesday. Sure I was stressed out when I came home today after working on a presentation for 5 hours but jesus....I just kept on eating and eating..literally not thinking about it. I didn't even have the "I just don't give a crap" thoughts...just numbness. September was such a good month. Lost a couple pounds ect. And I thought I was going to keep going with it because my best friend's wedding is November 7 and her bachelorette party is on halloween. I was planning on probably wearing a semi-skimpy costume but now I'm not so sure. I just want this to end...the never ending cycle. Ever since I started educating myself about what I SHOULD be eating and how many calories and grams of fat are in things I SHOULD'NT be eating...it's only made it worse. I never gave anyting a second thought when I was younger. I ate till I was full, never had an urge to go back time and time and time again till I couldn't breathe. I was happy...I never gave it a second thought. Now I give everything a second, third, and fourth thought and I do good for a few weeks then I do bad for a few weeks and it just continues on and on and on. I'm so TIRED of THINKING about it! ugh what a night

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

D, I know what you mean. It all seemed much easier before I started thinking about these things - calories, fat... in a lot of ways I'd love to have my childhood innocence back, but of course that is impossible.

But it is only the START of the month - don't give up! Do you think the stress of your day triggered you? If so, maybe next time you have had a trying day you can be mindful of that while you're still on your way home, before you even get a chance to open the fridge/pantry. Instead, have a cup of tea, call a friend, do something else when you first get home to relax.

I wish you the best!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #3  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I understand, we all have bad times, but you can't put off accountability - that "I'll start next month, next week, tomorrow" is just going to undermine you - even though you might not be happy with what your eating right now, hold yourself accountable! You can do this!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote