Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #1  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default How often do you weigh yourself?

So I am 2 weeks into my diet/life style change and got a scale at 10days in... and I had lost 2 lbs (I weighted myself on my friends scale and then 10 days later on her scale again so it would be accurate.. thats when I decided I needed my own scale and luckily her scale and my scale are right on) But my question is how often do you weigh yourself? I don't want to weigh myself too much and get discouraged if I'm not losing weight fast enough... So how often do you weigh yourself?
BrittniMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I write it down every wednesday.
But I weight myself every morning after I pee and throughout the day...I'm sorta experimenting and I like seeing how different foods, salt intake, using the restroom and exercise affect my weight.
However, I refuse to let anything but my wednesday morning weigh-in stick in my mind,
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I like to do a weigh in once a week but sometimes I slip and end up doing it more. I get VERY discouraged if I dont see numbers moving which is a problem when you're losing fat and gaining muscle because it appears as though you arnt losing. Its a mind game.

I would just do it as much as you feel comfortable with it.

Good luck with your weight loss! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
I write it down every wednesday.
But I weight myself every morning after I pee and throughout the day...I'm sorta experimenting and I like seeing how different foods, salt intake, using the restroom and exercise affect my weight.
However, I refuse to let anything but my wednesday morning weigh-in stick in my mind,
This, except replace "Wednesday" with "Friday."

Some people get would get upset or obsessed if they weighed this frequently. But for me, I like it. I like to see how much my body can vary from day to day, and even during the day. For ME it helps and I like it -- but for other people it could be a really bad idea.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #5  

Before i use to weigh myself every sunday but nowadays i do once in two weeks.
Dollar hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I weigh in every morning, but record it on Wednesdays. I expect fluctuations during the week. I know that it will be higher on the mornings after I have something salty. I try to eat low salt on Tuesdays so as not to raise Wed. weight. I just try and see a downward trend.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #7  
Happy Member

Hi, BrittniMarie:

I'm maintaining, so I weigh myself daily. I need to do this because those lost lbs. really want to rejoin my body and they can be quite sneaky about it all.

But if I weigh myself daily I can catch a gain very quickly before it becomes a problem for me.

Find the method of weighing you are comfortable with and that works for you. And best of luck to you on your weight-loss journey.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #8  
not-so-skinny jeanz.

S/C/G: strt;245. crnt;260* goal;[225]

Height: 5'8 !

i dont have a specific routine.. i do tend to weigh in at night before bed idk why. and usually its about 3times a week, when i get curious. actually- anxious lol. i think ima start weighing in every sunday now though [;
plus sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #9  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

I weigh myself officially on Friday and unofficially once every evening. I just like to make sure that I'm not in the 150's (I was there for a looong time). I don't base my eating habits or mood on which number appears, but I do feel that I'm too attached to the scale. I'm trying to cut back. =b
Civakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #10  

Er, I step on the scale far too frequently. But there are only two times (a day) I consider the numbers from.

One is first thing in the morning, preferably after a bowel movement. I always weight "less" on Saturday because I have the luxury of waiting for that. However, for the most part I use the "before work" number as my current weight.

The second is when I get home from work, not because it's really meaningful but because I generally weigh about the same as first thing in the morning if I haven't gone out for dinner or something first.

I don't bow down to the whole "salt is the devil" way of thinking, and have in fact been recommended to eat 4000mg/day by my pcp (due to some blood pressure dropping concerns over the summer) but I do sometimes try not to eat my salt-laden miso soup on Friday night, just to help Saturday's number along in case I'm retaining some water I don't know about.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Every morning but only record it once a week on Tuesdays.
DanaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/209.2/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm trying to figure out what weighing schedule if any, is best for me, at the moment it's almost every day.
MariaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #13  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Once a week, every Wednesday, just after I have woken up and visited the bathroom - hehe
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote