Old 10-08-2009, 04:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default I was gone for so long...

I left here a long time ago...I lost the drive to lose weight...I want to lose weight so badly but I lost my motivation.

After coming here I lost weight, I did...nearly 30 pounds, but now I've gained it all back. I fell off the wagon, gave up, but I want to find it again.

I've been in an abusive relationship for the past two years, I finally got away but I'm so depressed. I cry every night, I can't sleep, and I'm eating to make myself feel better. I'm so angry at myself, for falling off the wagon, for dating a jerk for two years and telling myself he didn't mean it. I'm so angry and sad.

I'm sorry I ran away for so long. I'm back now, and I want to try really, really hard to stay and to work out. My little sister has agreed to go to the gym with me 3 times a week; but I haven't come out of my depression, and haven't gone to the gym yet.

Ladies I feel really lost. It's not him I miss...but the feeling of some one loving me (even if it wasn't real.)
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Height: 5'7"

I completely understand. I was in an abusive relationship for 8 years and just recently got out of it in January.I started going to therapy and working on liking/accepting myself. Do you have a close group of friends that you can talk to through your depression?

Have you tried journaling? It really worked for me. Also, I did the c25k. It was good to set a goal, that had nothing to do with weight (it did have its benefits), and have me achieve it. It's a long process when you end an abusive relationship. But everyday you work on building yourself back. Let me know if you need someone to talk to.
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back. and congratulations on the desire to improve your life. You can do this, it takes time to get over a broken relationship even if he is a jerk. Focus on the positives, you have a whole new life in front of you. You are fortunate that your sister will go the the gym with you. I know that lost, sad feeling, but it does get better. Take one day at a time and just work on making yourself healthy. I believe you can do it. Coming here is a giant step forward. Good luck !

Last edited by bargoo; 10-08-2009 at 09:02 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

thank you both for the kind words

I've been kicking myself telling myself I'm not worth it, I know it's not true but it's hard. Thanks a lot, I'm going to try and talk to a few of my friends about it
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote