Old 10-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #1  

Unhappy Confused.... I don't know what happened....

I had a 3 (yes THREE!) mini-100 grand candy bars today. SOOOO delicious, but a couple hundred calories I didn't need. This was after a whole wheat english muffin w/ peanut butter and coffee for breakfast. I ended up having an apple later, and half a turkey wrap from a health food place for lunch. At home later, a handful of grapes then a stir fry w/ chicken, snow peas, red peppers, squash, and onions. I tried to keep dinner light to try to make up for all the candy. Today is my "rest" day but I couldn't take it so I was on my elliptical for a half hour, about 2 hours after dinner. I got SOOOO hungry while I was working out, I was actually shaking and I thought I was going to pass out. I guess it teaches me a lesson not to skimp on dinner to make up for junk but I didn't think my dinner was THAT small. I thought I might be dehydrated but I had some water and it didn't help. I ended up having an avocado w/ grape tomatoes after my workout and unfortunately added a few tostitos to the mix. I feel like I really let myself down today. I think I had a few other random things throughout the day too. I will suck it up and move on but I've had a few bad day the past week or two and I'm afraid that I'm losing my willpower.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

It happens to the best of us at times. Try not to focus on it too much and don't beat yourself up. Acknowledge it, forgive it and move on
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #3  

The shaking sounds to me like you blood sugar was a little low! The sugar splurge in the morning probably made you crash. Still craving 100 grands? Try cutting up a banana, throw in a 1/4 cup rice krispies, and a light drizzle of chocolate sauce, or a few chocolate chips. I bet it will cure that sweet tooth without any of the guilt!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

If that's a bad day, then I think you are doing pretty good. I do a lot more damage than that on my good days. In fact, besides the candy bars (which one is hard to stick with), your food day is very inspiring. I see how small you are, and you probably have to keep your calorie count low to hit your goal. Good job so far, and days like this are not irreversible. To be able to lose weight when your so close to your goal is a huge accomplishment within itself. It gets so hard when you can see it looming at the end of the tunnel.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You have just seen why it's not a good idea to go to extremes. It doesn't work well to eat candy, then skimp on dinner, and then later jump on the exercise machine--all to try to make up for the candy.

I've heard that one should eat a small snack that includes protein 30 minutes before a workout. Helps avoid the shakes.

Also, I'd suggest that you plan out your eating--so you aren't vulnerable to the random candy bar attack!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #6  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post

Also, I'd suggest that you plan out your eating--so you aren't vulnerable to the random candy bar attack!
I completely agree. I have noticed that when I plan out my meals and snacks for the day I don't get the sweet cravings like I do when I just wing it. Pre-cooking and planning my meals helps keep me away from the junk food aisle at work lol.
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote