Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11

Default Helping my sister...

Hey guys my sister just recently found out that she is pregnant with her second child we have been trying to lose weight together but now that shes pregnant shes not sure what she should be doing as far as weight loss. Any suggestions on what she should be eating calorie wise and if it is still possible for her to lose weight and be pregnant? Also what form of exercise should she be doing? No workout tapes? no jogging? Thanks!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #2  

As long as she's BEEN doing workout tapes & jogging, no reason not to continue--just no floor ab work and "lighter" jogging.

My ob/gyn told me I could continue WW, but that my goal through pregnancy should be to MAINTAIN my weight--started pregnancy @ 265, though--and/or keep my gain to 15 pounds or fewer.

No matter what any of us say here, though, she should DEFINATELY talk to her ob/gyn or mid-wife as the expert ops.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

She needs to talk to her Dr first and foremost. It depends on how heavy she is, but the Dr might want her to maintain or gain less than 15lbs. She should also talk to her OB about the exercise. My Dr didn't want me jogging even though I had been because I live at such a high altitude. Even though my body was fairly conditioned to it, it was still just enough extra to deprive the baby of oxygen. There's a lot of factors involved, baby's health has to be number one. Weight loss can come later.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #4  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I agree with PP #1 talk to doctor asap. AFAIK you shouldn't try and lose weight while pregnant but maintain and/or keep to a smaller goal than "normal" pregnancy. I think most doctors recommend 15-20lbs weight gain but ti really really needs to be discussed with her doc for that decision to be made.

There are a lot of good prenatal work out dvds out there, espeically yoga which can help a lot with labor!
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote