South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Merry Monday!

Good morning, and aren't we all glad it's Monday?

It's still pitch black outside, so I'm not sure what the day is going to look like, but the weatherman is promising sunshine and warm temps. I plan to do some housecleaning this morning, then do some research on the internet for a trip my folks are planning. I don't have to go over to Cindy's until noon, and it will be a late evening, as Audrey has cotillion in Wilmington after school.

Come sit and enjoy a cup of your favorite brew before starting the day.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Dashing through. Donna is driving to the gym today so I need to be ready on time. I'll pop in later.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's Monday again Sorry, that's as much enthusiasm as I have today

Cottage - always kind of liked those extra mornings. I'll find out soon enough if I still do now that I have to cover trainings again. Hope the promised sunshine shows up today

Ruth - Have a good gym morning!

I've got a ton of work waiting for me so trying to get on the road early today. I also need to package up 10 trays of apples but that won't take long. I will definitely need a walk at lunchtime to get me away from the computer.

My ticker is lying because I'm still struggling to get back on track. Here's to a sunny and on plan day!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #4  

Good morning, Ruthie! Your dedication to the gym is just amazing! I'm going to try to do 20 mnutes on my bike this morning, thanks to you.

Hi, there, Cyndi. It sounds like everyone is busy this morning except me! I bet your house smells wonderful with all those apples drying!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-05-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

morning chicklets!

appe harvest is on, plums are looking good! leaves are beginning to fall...byebye summer! we've had an amazing indian summer up until now. oh well! i love autumn as well wish i wasn't laid up with nasty sinusitis. bleargh. hope antibiotics kick in soon& my brain starts functioning to capacity

have fun housecleaning cottage, crank up those hausputz tunes!

hope all y'all are happy&healthy whereever you are!!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

morning cyndi and ruth...simulposted! have a great one
Old 10-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

We had a storm roll though and knock out our power last night. We sat in the dark while Jeff played the guitar. It was actually a lot of fun.

Cottage, What is cotillion?

Ruth, Lift those knees, 4, 3, 2, 1!

Cyndi, It's so hard getting and staying on plan. Good luck!

Jandaman, Hope you feel better soon! My brother was stationed in Germany for a while. He loved it! Great beer, beautiful women, he said.

It will be a busy day today. Two back-to-back forensic interviews this morning. My brain will need some decompressing when they are over. I teach Jazzercise tonight and tomorrow night. But, it's a short week for me. When we pick Auston up from school, we are heading to the beach. Hooray! Hope it warms up!

Auston was eating corn on the cob for dinner last night and one of his bottom teeth came loose. He cried and got all upset. His cousin, who is six months older and has lost two teeth so far, told him it would be okay. I'll post pics when it comes out.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #8  

Chelby, "cotillion" is learning the social graces and how to dance. There is a lot of emphasis on manners, too.

jandaman, it's nice to see you back, and I hope you start feeling better!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

I've been up since the wee hours but got involved in a project. I have been gradually SB'ing my cupboards and I decided to complete the reorganization this morning (what Schmoodle referred to as Procrastination Success). I'm sure there was something more important I was supposed to be doing. I may tweak her term to Planned Procrastination. I have a busy day and we're getting excited to meet the new pup, Stomper. Rudi will be happiest. He's spending too much time with the cat.

Ruth, sounds like a slurp and run but you'll be finished by the time you get my morning greeting. Hi

Cottage, thanks for starting us up. Enjoy your morning at home.

Cyndi, am I supposed to motivate you towards yoga on Monday? I've got 2 H2Yogas today. I take one through our college and my instructor is offering a new one through the Athletic Club for free. 9-11 today. Wish you could join me. Thanks for the pep talk yesterday and congrats! on your apples(read your post). Have a great day and get your walk in.

Janda, absolutely marvelous to hear from you this morning. I forgot to tell you I'm glad you didn't gain while you've been sick since you have been really working on it. Feel better and have an apple for me. Are you still working on your thesis?

Chelby, playing the guitar and singing in the dark made me smile. Sometimes the best moments are the simplest. Glad you have a short week and something to look forward to. Hope your interviews aren't too stressful? Hey, what happened to donut girl. You know it is National Donut Month according to my grocery.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning fellow chicks!

Ruth - I admire you! I can occasionally work out first thing in the am, but it's hard to stick with!

Cottage - hope you enjoy the day!

Cyndi - you are so ambitious on the food storage thing. You're my south beach idol!

Jandaman - hope you feel better soon! I'm almost grateful when it's something that responds to antibiotics, vs. a cold/flu that you just have to wait to wear off...

Chelby - I think you saw my post on FB that my DD lost her tooth Saturday pm...literally! In the neighbors yard! It makes me sad she's losing them so early (she's still 4)...I love that laugh they have, when they throw their head back giggling, with all those baby teeth showing. It's just not the same with adult teeth .

Debbie - do you get stomper today? How exciting! I love the term "planned procrastination"...

Me - well. I don't think I have to work today, but I'm on standby. Lots of mommy stuff to do though! Also, the DH officially gave the okay to get a dog! Yeah!! There's one I've had my eye on at (thru petfinder) at a local shelter, I might have to meet her today.

And I've got to clean up my eating! Do I say that every week?!!? I'm not where I say I'm at with the avatar, but I'm at my new "maintenance". I believe your body has a weight it REALLY likes, and until major things happen, it's hard to change it. So despite eating off plan sometimes, I'm still at my new weight (I think it's higher because of not strict adherence to SB, and not running 15-20 miles/week now). I'm okay where it's at, but I don't want it higher!

Have a great day!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Twynn,

Thanks for asking. Stomper is in Kansas, Arkansas, or Missouri. The network is incredible,http://www.caretransport.org/, and once the dogs and cats get to Colorado they are picked up by local rescue groups. On Wednesday night when he arrives in Denver, he will go to a foster home until our group picks him up to bring him the last 200 miles.

All the Cockers who go into Colorado shelters are taken by a statewide Cocker rescue, so we chose this route instead, to help save yet another animal. The midwest has many puppy mill surrenders and other wonderful critters who don't have a chance in shelters that are at maximum capacity.

We are very excited, and may go to Denver later in the week if he doesn't make it over.

I'm anxious to hear about your prospects. Have a great day.

ETA-Hi Gothik, we were posting at the same time. You're doing great staying on track SB style with all your extracurricular activities! Have fun tonight!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-05-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #12  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Mornin ladies!

I'm being lazy this morning and not posting individual hellos and comments... I am still just waking up and have to leave for work in about an hour. But with the exercise and the apples and the guitar playing in the dark... how awesome!

As for me... not much to tell yet. I am up and soon off to get ready for work. Tonight - more engagement party and wedding planning for my roommate / bride -to-be.

There's been some drama because a bridesmaid is p.o.'ed that she wasn't asked to be MOH. (and she's even more upset that it's ME. apparently she doesn't like me though I can't figure out what ever went wrong. One day she just up and stopped hanging out with me and the type of attitude I get from her varies by day)

I'm just going to do my best to include the bridesmaid and be nice and talkative with her as I always have been. The bride doesn't need any drama. I'm gonna hafta lay down the no drama llama laws! lol

Have a great day!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dashing through after gym. Paul is here doing finishing touches and I am planning a trip to town later. I'm skipping the Victoria's Quilts meeting this morning and actually resigned from two Boards yesterday. Life is too short for silly meetings that accomplish nothing!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies! I have had a food on par but too much of it kind of weekend along with a few too many gf beers. OOPS. I am back on track today and taking hte beer out of the fridge so it isn't handy for me to just drink! LOL. I went to Kohls last night and got a new set of sconces for the dining room, a new top, some new shoes,clearance earrings that happen to match the top perfectly,slippers and a bra and undies! I don't know why I have been in such a shopping mood lately- maybe its the weather- but I have another shopping trip planned for this afternoon with a friend

I am going to make a food plan today so I don't go overboard with my calories in case we go to lunch...not much other than cleaning today- I am thinking I will wait until tomorrrow for the floors bc I know the doggies will keep dragging in the mud! I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

is it 5:30 yet? I'm swamped
Closed Thread