Old 10-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default How are you doing it?

How are you losing weight? Which method are you following? What have you found that works the best? Just give me some more idea's, please.

I went to doctors in July and was down 11 lbs from 250. I had to go for regular physical. Going in I was thinking this doctor is going to harp on me for being over weight and she is definitely going to say something. NOPE, the doctor herself was 300+lbs so how was she going to say anything bad about my weight. She said oh you have lost 11 lbs since the last time you were in (remind you the last time I was in was 2007) so in 2 years I lost 11lbs, thats pitiful and she was like "OH thats good". I am just so mad because I wanted her to tell me I need to do something about it, cuz I know I do.

I feel like a lot of people I know from work and college now probably just figure I have been this heavy my whole life, but that isn't even true I use to be relatively thin. Not skinny but definitely by NO means fat. In high school I weighed 135-140lbs all through out high school. After high school i got pregnant 5 months later and had a beautiful baby girl. But along with that baby girl came 110lbs since 2006. I think thats ridicilous. I am 250lbs now, I lost some towards the beginning of year and have gained it back. It's like I have no metabolism, I am so mad at myself for letting myself get this heavy. I met my boyfriend and father of my child when I was 14 and he was 16 and even though he says he doesn't care, I know he has to wish I looked like I use too, I was so much more confident, and smaller. I miss it so bad, I gotta figure something out, I have to lose this weight!!!
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

U have to play around and find out what plan fits ur life style. I would have to suggest to start with calorie counting, u can go to healthycalculators.org and put in ur information to find out where to begin!! Good luck!! U can do this, we can all do this!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Like Jokan said, you have to try and see what works best for you, your lifestyle, your eating habits. Don't try something too extreme or you'll end up binging. There are many different diets ladies on the board are following, some are low fat, low carb, calorie counting, weight watchers, south beach, atkins, vegan etc.

I have PCOS which means I have to keep my blood sugars under control or they will automatically be stored as fat, this is why I follow a semi-low carb diet that I worked out myself by experimenting with different levels of carbs. I cutout bread, sugar, rice, starchy and too sweet fruits and veggies as well as anything too high in fat and so far it seems to be working.
Also, remember to increase your daily activity level, you can start with something as easy as a 30 minute walk 5 days a week and work it up from there.

Good luck!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'6

I feel the same way Kayhm0711. In highschool I weighed no more then 130 and now 5 years later I weigh 158. I put on all this weight right after highschool and Iv gotten to the point where I need to do something about it. I dont want to keep adding weight on. I feel horrible. So today is my first day of South Beach Diet. I hope even if I lose a little weight within the next two weeks it will give me motivation. Good Luck to you. We should keep each other posted.
tmhbpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/211

Height: 5'8"

I really like weight watchers. I like that it gives me a certain amount of points to eat everyday and then I don't have to feel guilty about what I eat as long as it's in my points. I find points a lot easier to track than calories (simpler numbers). I would recommend it though you kinda have to be vigilant about it. I do it online which works really well for me since I'm on my computer all the time anyways at work and at home.
jcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote