Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 08:50 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#151

If you are looking for a great group of Christians who are there for each other in prayer and support this is the support group for you! Everyone is welcome!
Old 07-22-2002, 09:11 PM   #2  

There are a lot of people how use to post that I have not seen a post from in a long time and I am still keeping you in prayer and I pray I hear from you again soon. Ginny, Pravda,Patricia,Sister Joann,Zoe Mitchypoo,De,Sue,Bethanna,Jamie,chick 4christ,Monica and Sherry I really miss your rainbow! And going way back Jill and debbiedeb and I know there are others I am forgetting and you are just as important (my mind is going that is why I can't remember names) Please write and let us know how you are doing!

May the Lord Bless and Keep all CE!
Sami
Old 07-24-2002, 11:04 PM   #3  

Angry Hi there!

I just want to say again thanks for all the prayer and support. He had his bone scan done, the spot on his hip showed on that as well. But the dr's don't believe it is cancer, so they want him to go to sloan kettering for a second opinion. He is doing that as soon as it can be scheduled. Then the decision will be made to either operate again, since the tumor is still in his back, (if they found any other tumors they were not going to operate again, they were only going to treat him with chemo. so, I pray that there are no other tumore. Thanks again, Gary hope you exercised enough for both of us, as I missed curves most of last week camping, but I bet I had more fun camping then at curves anyway. Thanks sami, and wilma, congrats on the loss wilma, keep it up girl, your doing great. Sami, relax you make it, I agree with Gary. Praise God He loves us anyway! Well take care, trust all are enjoying the beautiful summer.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:27 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

HI LADIES--
I just got back from shopping at the Costco-- or as my wife and I call it the 300 dollar store (300 if we are real lucky!! we never are-- at least we only have to go every 3 weeks) I think we spend most of our money on water is that nuts or what? We spend at least $30 on bottled water every 2 weeks for the family-- remember when water was almost free out of the tap? At least it's the most important fuel for our bodies.
SUE- Glad to hear some somewhat encouraging news for your Pastor, sounds like you are having a ball camping as usual. It is perfect weather here in California right now for it--too bad I have so much work to do before the new carpet comes in Sept. along with the tile etc. The wife is a painting fool right now-- looks pretty darn good too with all the colors and stencil work she is doing-- she loves it because she has very little masking to do-- doesn't matter if she gets it on the carpet. It is costing me a small fortune for her paint but it keeps her from the mall so it's a toss-up Actually she is pretty frugal (unless it is something SHE wants
Old 07-24-2002, 11:34 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink CONTINUE

SAMI-- Thanks for remembering all those who have not posted-- I hope they are all well too-- How is your battle going with the wedding dress? Don't worry about the future MIL she probably is not half as nice as you!! Try not to get too caught up in the weight loss that you miss the joy and excitement in the grand day for your daughter-- I know you won't!!
Well I better run-- Big Brother is coming on-- Why do I watch that garbage!!! Guess it's the in me.
Wilma and the rest of you I hope all is well with you and your families. In the LOVE of JESUS-- Gary
Old 07-25-2002, 04:04 PM   #6  

Default Still here!

HELLO EVERYONE
I truly don't mean to ignore you folks. Up here in Canada we "love" our short summers. We relish being outdoors!
We spend less time on our computers than in our very Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng winters
Weekend see's us at our Lake Erie cottage, reading, sitting talking around camp fires with friends, and lazing on the beach, diet drink/water in hand. My thoughts do however, come your directions. Hoping everyone is doing well?

I've lost 10, gained 2, stayed the same, lost 2 and so on and so on and so on. But, I keep on keeping on.
To change things, I've cut my hair short and changed the colour.
Years of being a red head have now gone the way of back to my own brown, with lots of blonde highlights, enough to confuse folks into thinking its not gray The new me, or is it those menopausal mood swings? I am trying to walk more, park the truck farther from the stores we frequent. Alas, I hate exercising! I've decided that a few more pounds from now, like 10 or so, I'm off to Express Fit during those dreary winter months. Its the plan! Weight watchers keeps nagging that exercising works, I'd rather curl up with a book.
This month I'm reading of a city couple who decide to take the Poodle and move to a country farm property, fun. I recall reading a hillarious book years back called, "Helter Shelter" I've never laughed so hard at a book.

We've watched some great movie rentals lately, my "chick flick" week. I am Sam, The Shipping News, and A Walk to Remember.
I recommend them all on those rainy days of summer.

Well off I go to prepare supper, the DS is leaving shortly for a Horse 4-H club meeting. Hugs to you and yours.

In Christian Love,
Sister Joanne (Still here)

P.S. I used to watch Big Brother but the right one never wins, whats with that?)
Old 07-25-2002, 04:19 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,

I haven't forgotten about you all, and I'm sorry if I haven't posten in a really long time. My job has taken over my life and the stress is incredible but I'm managing with the Lords help to hang in there. Dispite the stress, I'm doing okay eating, which is a miracle in itself

Anyway I just wanted to check in and say HELLO !!!!!!

I had this long post and it dissapeared..poof....so I guess it wasn't ment to be

Doitforme - My prayers are with you and your family.

Gary, your wife sounds like she's having a ball painting. I love to paint but I have a nervous nelly hand and well lets just say I could never be a surgen...ut ah. Costco and BJ's is such a fun store but your right you can't walk out without spending a small fortune.

Sami, some times we drift but we ALWAYS come back (sound familiar ). Huggs & prayers to you too.

Gutchie, I feel like a freak admiting this but I hardly watch TV, I just can't stand all the violance and rotteness that is on every one of those 80 channels, its to upsetting. Once in a while I'll watch a movie but not to often. I like silly comedys, they take my mind away from the world. But by the time I sit down at night I'm pooped and its around 8:30 - 9:00 and thats my bed time

I am reading the Weigh Down Diet right now...been slacking off and I really need to get back to reading it.

Okay folks, have a wonderful night and I hope to say hello again tomorrow, job permitting

Love, Leens
Old 07-25-2002, 11:15 PM   #8  

Hello everyone! It was so good to see some new posts!!!!!! I may just end this week with a 2 lb loss! I just got a new scale and was happy to find out I have lost some weight! I have lost 13lbs!
Leen-So glad you always come back you are missed.

Gutchie-I bet your hair looks great! I was a red head last year and went back to light brown. I also know what you mean about wanting to curl with a book unstead of exercising. But I have to admit I do lose quicker and keep it off longer with exercise.

Doitforme-It sounds like things are going well for your pastor. I will keep him in my prayers. And camping could help you lose weigh if your doing a lot of hiking,swimming ect.....

Ez-I have a house here that could us some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to redo my sons room in racing.

Have a blessed day!
Sami
Old 07-26-2002, 09:29 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Friday Morning All,

Can't stay long, work is calling (shhhhhhhhh )
I get to leave work at 12:00 today, can't wait. I'll pick up the little bambino (Grace) and head on off to the park or a store, probably the park since its so nice here today in N. NJ. tomorrow is suposed to be sticky and hot again.

Nothing planned for the weekend, same old stuff, cleaning, cooking for next week, etc. Hey if anyone wins the lottery please don't forget me I think if I won, i'd hire a personal chef so I wouldn't have to worry about what to eat night after night
I'd even have him (haaa noticed its a him) make me desert every night...somthing healthy of course

Listen have a wonderful weekend and I'll try to get back in here Monday (if the boss isn't around )

Love, Leens
Old 07-28-2002, 01:44 PM   #10  

Default Hello!! Hello!!

Hey everyone!

Don't know if anyone will remember me. I haven't been here for a loooong time! Since spring 2001. It's been a hard road for sure. I was doing so great and looked forward to coming to this site everyday for support and encouragement. My Mom became ill and my Dad got worse and went to be with the Lord last July then I became pregnant in August and now have a new, beautiful 3 month old daughter, Taylor and a 4 year old McKenna.

Now.....I MUST get back into my weight watchers plan and need some support and accountability. Is everything still about the same? Do you still weigh in? Can I come back??

Thanks!!!

Lori (Sausage--hopefully not for long!!)
Old 07-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #11  

Unhappy Help! Need Christian Support

Hello Everyone

I've visited the site before but have not posted. Really need some support. I get alot from family and my church, need all I can get. Over the last month my husband has not worked. Pray that he will start his new job tommorrow. Things have been really tight and stressful.

I've lost 36lbs over the last 9 months. Most of it through First Place program. At this time we are on a break and I have'nt kept up my daily bible reading or quiet time. I haven't gained any weight which is good but haven't lost any either. I don't know what is wrong with me, but here lately it seems like I have to do so much snacking. Up until a month ago I controlled it pretty well. I know I can, I just have to make up my mind to do it. I can be very self controlled and have been up til now.

It's nice to have a site that there are other christians to talk with. Thanks for listening, and I will keep you all in my prayers. After all if we christians don't support each other who will. Certainly not people of the world. By for now.

198/162/140
Old 07-28-2002, 08:49 PM   #12  

Default Assistance Please!

Happy Lord's Day everyone.
Welcome new comers to a Great group of Christian's!

Our friend has gone to Minister in Kentucky. He has found a bride from the Blue Grass state, the wedding up coming August 10th.
We'd like to send a "gift certificate" as a gift but, unsure as to the big stores of this state, that are also in our country of Canada. Do any of you know the state of Kentucky and the stores of Louisville?

Tomorrow is Weigh in for Dd and myself, I'll report in then.

Hugs from Canada.
Sister Joanne
Old 07-29-2002, 07:54 AM   #13  

I am so Happy I just did my WI and I have lost another 4 lbs this week!!!!!!!!! I think I am over that starting hump and I know I will make goal! My goal in to fit into this size 10 dress that I just loved so I bought it to wear to my DD rehearsal dinner on Sept 19th 2003. I am going to look at it often to remind myself how much I love this dress and I will make my goal!

Betty Crocker-Welcome! I hope you post often I find that if I know I am going to post I want to be able to post a weight loss. But even when things are not going well Were here to encourage you and Prayer does change things!

Lori- I am praying things are going well for your husband! I can understand why you are snacking more with the stress of no job. Just take time today and pray about it and we will be praying also. I am going to post every Mon my results for the week does anyone else want to join?

Joann-I know that there is a Target and a Walmart in that area. If you go into the store they have a listing of where there other stores are. And I know you can buy Target gifts or certificates on line at Target.com!

Leens- I will remember you if I ever win but first I have to buy a Ticket LOL!

Wilma,Zoe,Ez , Patricia,and others how are you doing?
Old 07-29-2002, 01:02 PM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning Everyone!!

I'm finally back to normal. I had a great week cooking at camp last week. My feet were really sore at the end of the day but it was so neat to work in a camp atmosphere. I went golfing twice this weekend. It was nice to get out there. So.... I maintained my weight which is great because I ate way more than I should have last week. Now it's back to a schedule at home and eating salads again. My lettuce is ready in the garden and it's so wonderful to have it available.

Sami: CLAP CLAP CLAP!! You're doing awesome. That dress is going to hang on you!!

Betty: Good to see you back here! You've been doing great with your weight loss. We're here for you!

Lori: Welcome Back! You've had a roller coaster year. We're here for you too for support. I weigh in every Sunday morning and report the loss(gain) here so feel free to report when you have your weigh in.

Leens: A personal chef-wouldn't that be great!! Our families have one - why can't we!

To the rest of you: Have a wonderful day and don't forget to post here. We miss you when you don't!
Old 07-29-2002, 03:09 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon everyone

Hope everyones having a good day.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I knew that I could find support among other christians.

My attitude is getting better. I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. He will not put upon me more than I can bear. He will also provide for me a way out of my temptations if I will just ask and look for it. I need only to stay focused on Him.

Way to go Sami. Keep up the good work and you'll be in that dress before you know it.

Gotta run my 5 year old thinks it's time for a snack. At least it's fruit.
Closed Thread