Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Unhappy off the wagon yet again

So I'm basically on my third night of stuffing myself. It's been a bad week. Had to cram for 2 exams and then I got some unexpected medical news that sort of threw me for a loop. I've gone into that "I just don't give a crap" mode. On top of it all I haven't had any time to exercise because of these exams. I've been studying from the moment I wake up till I can't keep my eyes open at night plus going to class and work. I basically finished off half of a sheet cake last night because my roommate told me to "please eat it all" cuz she was sick of eating cake. It had been in there all there all weekend and I had no trouble seeing it every time I opened the refrigerator. But last night...ugh it was bad. It always amazes how fast I can fall down this hole and yet when I eat really well for an entire month I feel like I didn't even make a dent in the size of my stomach or love handles. I feel like I'm always going to fall off the wagon..that all of this is pointless. Oh..I don't know.

~S~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Hey,

Oh well, s**t happens! Now the most important thing is to get back ON the wagon. No one is perfect, so don't beat yourself up about it. Tell yourself "I've had a bad few days, but tomorrow I'm getting back on track".

Think about how crappy, guilty and bogged down you feel now, and how awesome you'll feel when you turn it around and get back on plan. Okay, so you can't get in much exercise at the moment because of study, but you can still eat well. And good healthy food will make you think more clearly and have more energy. So it will actually HELP you study!

As for the cake, just because your roommate told you to eat it, doesn't mean you have to! Put it out of sight, put it in the bin, but don't use the excuse that just because it's there you have to eat it. I read a great bit of advice on here the other day - whether you eat it, or put it in the trash, the food is still gone.

Don't give up!!! You CAN do it! It's NOT pointless. You deserve to feel good, look good and achieve your goals!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nikki View Post
I read a great bit of advice on here the other day - whether you eat it, or put it in the trash, the food is still gone.

That's a good one, I'll remember that. The people here reminded me when just eating something to just eat it instead of throwing it away, I'm treating myself like a dumpster for food!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Doesn't it make you mad that your roommate wanted you to eat all that cake, just so that she could focus on her own nutrition? I know I know, it was probably a harmless little "ugh, get rid of that cake so that I don't have to face it," and I'm not saying she meant any harm to you but what are you, a trash bin? See what happens to us when we start treating ourselves poorly? Everyone else starts to treat us poorly too.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Maybe next time, you should find some people in your hall/dorm that you could give pieces to and just keep one for yourself? That's what I do when I get yummy things that I KNOW I'll just keep messing with.....
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #6  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

im sorry you're having such a struggle. im in grad school and i know how the stress of exams can make you just not care any more. you're already barely sleeping and exhausted, so who cares what you eat?

for me its SO important to have the right kind of foods on hand, and easily accessible. i dont want to break during studying to spend 45 minutes cooking dinner. i want something i can grab and eat, or microwave. i overcome this challenge a few ways. i keep snack type foods available that aren't bad for me. fruit slices, almonds, etc. sometimes i make a few dinners the week before and portion them out so i can just microwave them when i get hungry. above all, i MUST not allow any junk in my house. if its there and im stressed, ill eat it!

at this point all you can do is move forward. it is annoying to me also that your roommate hands a friggin sheet cake off to you. my family argues at the end of every occasion about who has to take the sweets home. everyone says, "i dont want them in my house!" i say, throw them away! throwing away leftovers is SO against our nature. i think most of us were raised to believe that wasting food was almost a crime. but, if the food you have isn't even healthy for you, may lead to unhealthy eating, and isn't going to be used in a good way (i.e. its not going to someone who NEEDS it, its just going to satisfy your sugar craving when you eat 1/2 a cake in one night) i say toss it. i throw things out constantly. if you're going to bring a cake to my house, you better take it with you when you leave, otherwise, its dumpster bound.

Last edited by juliastl27; 10-01-2009 at 07:30 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Just Getting Started...

Height: 5'7"

I understand. I've been on a really bad streak too. Moved and started a new job, so not only am I eating bad, I'm not exercising. Bad bad bad...
But you guys are all right. Tomorrow's a new day, and I can turn it around now before it gets any worse!!
SarahBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/190/140

Height: 5'9

So wat if you fell off the wagon get back up and make sure you put some safety bars on lol. OK in all seriousness i also had coworkers like that "isha eat this i dont want it" and i'd go "ok ill take it home".... u kno where it went girl... in the garbage or toilet ~~~flushhhhhhhhh~~~~... nobody knew and nobody feelings got hurt. My body is a temple ill eat anything i want in moderation and if i kno that watever they're giving me ain't gonna help my body then its going in the trash. lolz
but trust me girl there will always be temptations and your gonna "fall off" but all you gotta do is go alittle extra hard at the gym the next day or run alittle farther than normal. every morning is a new start.
ishatorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Doesn't it make you mad that your roommate wanted you to eat all that cake, just so that she could focus on her own nutrition? I know I know, it was probably a harmless little "ugh, get rid of that cake so that I don't have to face it," and I'm not saying she meant any harm to you but what are you, a trash bin? See what happens to us when we start treating ourselves poorly? Everyone else starts to treat us poorly too.
I was thinking that too, but didn't want to say anything. I wonder if her roommate is thin or in shape already and is on her own diet. Some of us are probably sometimes guilty of dumping food on others because we don't want to eat it and go off our diet.

isha, I like your willpower and attitude doing whats best for you!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

I also had a ****ty week. I carb loaded like crazy. And I really don't eat very many carbs other than veggies, usually. I had Ritz crackers, slices of bread with cream cheese, Kix cereal. Yesterday, I ate mac&cheese for lunch and pizza for dinner. Ugh.

Now, I'm back to eating normal. I rarely have these breakdowns, but when I do, I refuse to punish myself. I just get back to business. I'm already feeling better.

Hang in there!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Thanks for all the support guys. Yes I basically am back on track but it was scary for those 3 days. Scary to know that in a blink of an eye I fall back into my old habits and instead of taking care myself I eat whatever because I figure I'm stressing enough about my exams, why stress about every calorie I eat as well? But then again that's a pretty wimpy excuse to just go binge on everything in sight. I'm going to start back to exercising tomorrow and just try to remember for the next stressful week NOT to give in to temptation. Thanks again guys!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #12  
I'm Not Hopeless

S/C/G: 248.6/247.2/140

"whether you eat it, or put it in the trash, the food is still gone" quote doesn't work for me. I know the difference. The food isn't gone, it's in the trash can. It's tangible. If I eat it, it's like out of sight out of mind. It's only after eating it that I can free myself from obsessing about it. Yes, I am admitting that I've eaten out of the trash can. I have to put dish detergent, bleach or something on it.
FLGatorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/119

Height: 5ft2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGatorGirl View Post
"whether you eat it, or put it in the trash, the food is still gone" quote doesn't work for me. I know the difference. The food isn't gone, it's in the trash can. It's tangible. If I eat it, it's like out of sight out of mind. It's only after eating it that I can free myself from obsessing about it. Yes, I am admitting that I've eaten out of the trash can. I have to put dish detergent, bleach or something on it.
thats exactly what i do! i hate to admit that i have so little control over the amount i eat. if i plan meals its great..... its the right portion for me. when i have friends round and we order takeaway.. as soon as they leave i have to make the leftovers unedible by spraying cleaning product on them!
thought i was on my own on that one!
clarelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/190/140

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGatorGirl View Post
oh wow...... thats why i like toilets... nothing coming back from that flush
ishatorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Wow..I'm skimming the Chicks in Control threads, and it seem a lot of people fell off the wagon this week besides me.
Maybe the stars are misaligned?

Well whatever the reason ladies, we CAN do better starting today.

I haven't had time to post as much over the last week, and I think that was why I was cheating more...no accountability!!
I also need to plan better, regardless of how busy I am.....
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote