Old 09-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #1  

Question Nervous about going to a WW meeting

Hiya hope Ive posted this in the right place! Sorry if i havent.

Im 18 and would like to start weight watchers. I think Im right in thinking that you have to be overweight for your height to join (which I am -5'4", 152lbs) Im a size 8ish/10 and two friends who are roughly the same went to WW said that they received snide remarks about what they were doing there, weird looks etc. Im a shy person and am now really worried about going to a meeting. I dont think so I think I need to change how I think about food because I cannot maintain a weight and was hoping WW would help.

I would just like to know what its like at other peoples meetings ie whether my friends just had a one off bad experience or if WW is just not for me.??

Thank you and sorry for the rambling on

Maddie
madzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

I think it is a bad experience for them. The other WW attendees might have been heavier and just looked at your friends as what they would look like at that weight. They might not have meant to be rude. When I went to jenny craig to meet with my consultant, I always eye all of the people in the waiting room, and when I first started I would see the skinnier girls and think WHY are they here, then I would remember that they look like that because theyve been here and I will soon be there too! You will most likly have more success if you have the support of that meeting, so go! and enjoy.
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

The WW groups I've been to have been very friendly and very diverse in the size range of those attending. I think you should go, check it out. If you have a bad group, try another meeting. Last year i was going to this group that was just full of really depressing people, even the leader! I felt like all we did was b!tch about our lives, and I didn't leave feeling motivated at all. So I started trying different groups until I found the one best for me. Now I love meetings! Look forward to them every week
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 269.6/ticker/119

Height: 5'3.5"

I agree with the other posters I think you should give it a try. Your friends perhaps had a bad experience. Remember there are meetings virtually every day of the week and on most days more then once a day so if you don't like the one you go to consider a different meeting or a different leader.
LifetimeJourney is offline   Reply With Quote