Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 01:19 AM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Smile Geneen Roth!!!!! *Books you HAVE to get!* CE

I just finished reading "Feeding the Hungry Heart" and I am just so amazed! She is an incredible author!!!! I am starting "When Food is Love" and "Breaking Free from Compulsive Eating" soon. She also has a workbook- has anyone worked through it? I just love her writing!!!!! A must read for everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2002, 10:33 AM   #2  

I am heading to the library today to see if they have her books. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope I get as much from her books as you do.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #3  

Thank you. I just read this book and it has given me a lot to think about. I'll look for the rest of her books on my next visit to the library.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:46 AM   #4  

Default Geneen

Just finished reading When Food is Love, and it really spoke to me. Can't wait until her workshop in September!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:24 PM   #5  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I am so jealous that you get to go to her workshop!!!!! How did you hear about it?

Be sure to let us know how it was.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:15 PM   #6  

Default Roth Workshop

I found out about it from an e-mail newsletter I subscribe to:

www.Lose-Weight-Now-Stay-Slim-Forever.com

I've been debating about going for a couple of months, and finally decided after reading another of Geneen Roth's books that I really want to experience her in person.

It's a day and a half workshop over a weekend at this nice resort in Wisconsin. I was wanting my husband to go along and spend the rest of the time vacationing with me; he is now trying to weasel out (he is such a homebody, doesn't like to travel much).

Well, a friend from work is interested in going now. If she decides she can't, I'm going to go anyway because it's something I really want to do for my own self development.

UPDATE: I looked on Roth's web site (www.geneenroth.com) and you can order a set of 4 audiotapes for $46 (including shipping) that contains a complete workshop on it (visualizations, exercises, etc.).

Last edited by ShihtzuX2; 08-02-2002 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:46 AM   #7  

I hope you go, Shari. I think you would get a lot from it. I wish I could go also but financially we just couldn't afford it now. I think it is wonderful that you are going even if it is without the companionship of friend or hubby. That speaks volumns about your new belief in yourself and your self worth.

Also, thanks for the Roth web address. I wasn't even aware there was one.
Closed Thread