Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 11:50 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Monday

Hey Girls
I couldnt wait to post
also attempting to write a decent post at work is almost impossible with the **** beast across from me!
So today (as its almost monday) I'm starting WW a new i just attacked my kitchen with a points scale and took NOO PRISONERS! I'd do the dancin monkey but thats Jess' signature icon thingie
ok!
aside from having a 4 pt breakfast and a 4 pt lunch
btw is fiber 1 (a 1/2 cup really no points or should i count it as 1)
IM SINGGGGGGGGGGGGLE
i totally broke up with NF amicably i might add
OHH HAPPY DAY
and if u read the age thread is 35 too old for26 I got hit on by this super cute guy on friday
and i thought he was 30/31 and he was 35 and a lawyer dunno if anything will happen or if i'll even see him again but dammit men should not be that fine at 35 (unless we're all 35!)
saturday I went down the shore and won a teddy! anywho girls the hours growing nigh and this lil buckaroo has to get her arse out of bed in 5:30 hours
Oh quick question when you journal do you write the food down before you eat after or at the end of the day whats the best method?
LOVE
Kier
PS i decided against pursuing Weight Loss surgery I can do this! dammit i'm a cartoon superhero! ok i really do need sleeep

Last edited by KO; 07-21-2002 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:16 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Monday...GGGGRRRRRRRRR

It's tough to be on this side of the weekend, isn't it? Morning, Kier...I'm glad you said that you were writing that at night, because it's peppier than anyone could ever be on a Monday morning, and I'd really have to wonder about you...I'm glad that you made a positive change in your romantic life. I don't think 35 is too old at all, especially when there's hotness involved. Remember,"As long as you don't feel like you're doin' your dad..."

Lisa, I'm dying to know how it went with Brian! What does he look like? Where did you go? Was there *smooching* involved? Enough interrogation, I just am anxious to know.

Well it's WI day for me, and I'm happy to report to you all that I am down 2 lbs. YAY, ME!!! Actually, it was pretty easy because my appetite isn't real strong. I'm not sure if that's because of new medication I started, or because I weaned Aaron and I don't have that nursing appetite anymore. Either way, I'll take it! I'm having trouble even eating my required number of points. I wish I could always have this problem.

Have a great morning, all!
Old 07-22-2002, 10:50 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face Monday - blah!

Kier - Your post woke me up! Thanks for the peppiness!! No, I don't think 35 is too old. As long as you have a lot in common with him and don't feel like he acts too old for you, go for it! Congrats on the amicable break-up... not usually an easy thing to do.

Jayne - Great job on the 2 lbs. That is awesome!! And I was so excited to see that you signed up for the running challenge. woo hoo!!

Lisa - I'm with Jayne - how did it go?? Fill us in soon, please!!!!!

My weekend was pretty good. The BoDeans were awesome and I had a blast. (Jayne - I thought of you during "Closer to Free"!) Yesterday was miserably hot and humid and I was a bit hung over, so I hung out at home all day feeling sorry for myself. Things with TB aren't going as well anymore and I am at a point where I need to decide how to proceed. I am thinking along the lines of amicable break-up, like Kier, but I need to think a bit more before I do anything...

More later....
Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Oh Kier - as for journaling, I try to plan what I am going to eat ahead of time and write it down at the beginning of the day. I find I stay on plan better that way and don't cheat as much!
Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I couldn't get on the site this morning and I wAS DYING!!!!!

Jayne - he's cute... about 6 feet tall. Brown hair, blue eyes and DIMPLES. But on Saturday... I just didn't feel anything... I'm not sure what to think... read on. CONGRATS ont he 2 pounds! That's awesome! I wish I ahd that probelm too... I can't seem to eat within my points lately.

Kier - your post was very energetic... I needed that on Monday. Actually... I was wondering is 31 was too old for 26.... and I'm starting to think it does bother me... we'll see. You can do it... you are super woman... weight loss surgery has so many cons... unless it's hopeless otherwise.

Okay:

Good morning girls…here’s the scoop.

Brian was a complete sweetheart. He called me Friday night and left the sweetest message – that he looked forward to dinner and that he hoped I was having a good time with my roommate (he knew that we were out since she was leaving for a month) and he just wanted to say good night. Sweet.

Then Saturday he called and we talked for an hour. Saturday night he picked me up and told me how nice I looked. He opened the car door for me… paid for everything. Pulled out my chair (which is a little weird – doors are fine… chairs seem so old fashioned). We ate outside at this place called the Barking Crab, right on the harbor. We were going to walk to the North End and get dessert – but it was so cold that we decided to drive back to my neighborhood and get a drink near my place. We went to a bar near me that has board games… when we got there though all that was left was chess and the Toy Story version of Uno. So we just had a drink and he walked me home.

The conversation was great and he was so sweet… but something happened when he picked me up. I just didn’t really feel anything. He’s adorable… he’s got these adorably sexy dimples and a great smile… he’s good looking… but it was just more obvious that he was 31 on Saturday. Our age difference was much more apparent in the conversation. It also sucks that he lives so far… he’s like an hour away. I just don’t know if I want to be anything more than friends.

Then when he walked me home… once we got to my door, my body language was so poor. I was standing like 5 feet away from him the whole time we were saying goodbye.

Here’s the real scooper: we have a mutual friend, which is how we were introduced. I talked to her yesterday and she had talked to him. She asked how the date went and he said, “I had a great time. Lisa is amazing.” Okay, I have never been called amazing before, and it just makes it worse… because I just don’t know how I feel about it.

The thing is… he’s so great… I want to hang out with him again – I’m just not sure I want it to be romantic. He emailed me at 7:45 this morning to say he had a great time. And we’re supposed to go to lunch on Friday. I’m definitely not going to let him pay because I don’t want it to be a date… oh man… how I wish I liked him… because he really is wonderful. But I’m going to lunch with him and then the following weekend I’m going to party with him… so who knows, I might feel differently… but I just don’t see it happening… because I felt NOTHING on Saturday.

But it was the perfect first date. Gentleman. Good conversation. Great dinner. I couldn’t have asked for more. Oh girls… what are we going to do??

LORI – guess what. Friday we went to Jose McIntyre’s, which is right around the corner from the Purple Shamrock. We parked over by the Bell and Hand, and so we passed the PS and I looked in…I knew I wouldn’t see you…But I smiled when I walked by.

Sorry for the long post.... I was being self-centered I know.

Jess.... are you posting? If so HELLO THERE.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:54 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ladies!

Lisa - Where are you? I had a quiet weekend and must live vicariously through you. How was the date? Details girlfriend!

Kier - good for you for rededicating to WW. I find that it is best to journal food either immediately before or after consumption - if I wait until the end of the day it is too easy to forget something. Also, you won't know if 35 is too old for you if you don't take him out for a test drive.

Jayne - congrats on the 2lbs. Great job!

Well, ladies not much to report on my weekend. I spent most of it lying around the house with a pal. Had WI Saturday and was down 1.2lbs. (Yeah!) Also glad to report that I met and surpassed all my labor day challenges last week and that I started Jen's 5K training program this am.

Laura
Old 07-22-2002, 10:59 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Goodmorning Jen and Laura...

Laura - congrats on 1.2 - and thanks for reminding me - I need to post the challenge update. Wow - 5K, huh. Awesome.

Jen - Good luck with the guy thing! And thanks for asking about the date.

and thanks to all you girls for the advice on Friday.... it helped calm me quite a bit!

Lisa
Old 07-22-2002, 11:04 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Jen and Lisa - we must have been posting at the same time.

Lisa - I'm so glad that you had a nice time. Sorry that there wasn't magic. Might be worth it to go with him to lunch and the party - sometimes magic starts after you've both relaxed a little - first dates are nervewracking for both parties. And even if the magic doesn't happen - maybe he'll end up a friend.

Jen - sorry to hear things aren't going well with TB. Would a little time with out seeing him make it easier to think things through? Usually helps me.

Laura
Old 07-22-2002, 11:12 AM   #9  

Hi everyone! I had a pretty OP wekend because I couldn't drink b/c i was on call all weekend! But I have rededicated myself to the gym-I went to two step classes and a powerlifting class this past weekend-yay me!
Lisa-that's so funny that you passed the PS. BTW my friend would be interested in meeting you sometime! I'll PM you the details about him if i can figure out how to PM! Isn't it always the way-the nice, gentlemanly guys are always the ones that you aren't attracted to! But it's better to know that now....
Laura-congrats on the 1.2!
Aaronsmom-congrats on the 2!
Kier-Congrats on the "pointing"
We rock!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:13 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

My alarm didnt go off this morning AAAARG
so i awakened at 5 to 7 which is 20 min before i'm supposed to leave oooh you know i'm a beauty today i put my contacts in at my desk this am I'm goign to murder my alarmclock!
does anyone use their cell phone as an alarm i'm pondering that option
Lisa!!! i know what you mean about the difference in age showing in the conversation I had that with nf and he was only 28! but cmon he has dimples (im a sucker for dimples) give it a few dates or maybe a smooch or 2 b/c thats when the chemistry tends to blossom
jayne woohooooo congrats on the 2 lbs!!

Jen I was thinkin of you Sat night dancin your buns off Closer to free came on the jukebox at the place we had dinner down the shore as for TB just do whats best for you I had to ask myself out loud if i really wanted to be with him and did i feel good about being with him and both answers were a big no but thats me
Congrats Laura! your almost at GOALLLLL!!!
JEss where the heck are you lady????
anyway my darling gorgeous creatures back to work!
*cracks the whip*
Kier
Old 07-22-2002, 11:37 AM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default What a bunch of losers!

Wow, it sounds like everyone had an awesome WI weekend! What a bunch of losers!

Kier--What I do when journaling is write it down as I eat it. I have the same thing for breakfast everyday, so I can write that ahead of time and since I pack my lunch, I can do that ahead of time, too. When I get home after work, I just write it down as I'm making it, usually. That way, if things don't go as planned, I don't have to re-do my journal. And no, 35 isn't too old for 26, unless it bothers you. Way to go in the kitchen and feel free to use the dancing monkey, it's too much fun for just one person to use!

Jayne--Congrats on WI! Two lbs is awesome!

Jen--I'm sorry that things aren't going so well with TB, but there's plenty of fish in the sea, especially for a hottie like you!

Lisa--Hmmm, sounds like your date with Brian was perfect... Do you know what, specifically, is causing you to not be interested? Is it the age thing or are you not attracted to him, physically? Is conversation not fun because of the age difference? Or is it as simple as you just don't like him?

Winter--Way to go on your loss, too! That's great! Your weekend sounds remarkably like mine. I did manage to go to a cookout yesterday, so at least I left the apartment once. Congrats on achieveing your challenge goals!

Lori--It sounds like you had a good WW weekend, too and were very productive!

I went to a cookout yesterday and pretty much pigged out. I made chocolate chip biscotti on Saturday night and ate 4 pieces of it for breakfast, which successfully gave me a tummyache. I skipped lunch (because my tummy still hurt) and had some pasta salad, nachos, and a hamburger for dinner. That's not the worst part, though. The worst part is the 3 strawberry daiquiries and 2 raspberry vodka lemonades that went with it. Oh well, I was good all week last week and one slip-up day isn't going to ruin my success this week! (Although drinking like that reminded me why I hardly ever drink like that).

Ok, I'm going to see about getting a little work done and will check in later!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:37 AM   #12  
KS pride-Seminole country

Kier-- awesoem about being single. I'm kind of an advocate.. but that's just me. Totally cutie hittin on you? Very nice.
with journaling, if I'm cooking I try to write it down before I eat it, and while i'm waiting for the food to cook. That way I hate having to write more down later cause that means I'm not stopping when i should! Waiting till the end fo the day, i tend to forgoet things.

Jayne-- congrats on the 2 pounds! You can do this! Yeah, it's great when the appetite isn't strong sometimes, but it never lasts like you want it to. But keep going, you're doing great

Jen-- good luck with the boys, they're complicated, and nothing is just as easy as you'd like. You'll make the right decision

Laura-- WOW! you are definilty on track.. nice work! 1.2? Awesome!! I wish my labor day challenge was going as smoothly, but that's the great part about it, every week is a different check in. Congratulations!

To everyone else I may have missed.. HELLO! and I hope you're having a good (OP) Monday!

As for my weekend, some ways it was YAY! Some ways it was .. UGH! I left town this weekend with my roommate to go to TAmpa and get her car. Wel, i've been to her house there before on WW and I did great, watching waht I ate, not going out and drinking and I lost weight. Well.. not quite this time.
We got there on Friday night, had TCBY on the way down (during the 4hr road trip) and then wasn't hungry for dinner. Great! I went out to a bar with her brother an dhis friend, and only had a bloody mary and h alf a lite beer. So, Friday was okay.

Saturday during the day was okay too. I stayed within my points. Then comes dinner. Her parents didn't want to cook so they ordered Domino's. UH OH. Four pizzas, bread sticks, and cinna-stix! So I had two slices, a bread stick, and 2 cinna stix. Yikes! But I could recover. Wne to see a movie (Halloween Resurrection, eh.. it was okay) then went to a bar, had half a beer, and came home, where I had another piece of pizza, and some Milano cookies!! UGH! And then fell right asleep.

I calculated my points in the morning and was already at 36.. d'oh. So, I ahd a fruit salad for breakfast, and then nothing for awhile. Halfway back up to tallhassee, we stopped at a grocery store for snacks (because gas station food was gross) and I got a fruit salad (fresh.. nummy) and a big bag of Baked Lays (with the intention of keeping some at the house). But we finished the entire bag!

So, in a nutshell.. I didn't have a good 24 hours. But after that I am back on track. Although last night I ate only an hour before bed. But.. it was a salad.

I'm kind of discouraged for WI tomorrow, but I'm trying to not eat salt and hopefully flush out a lot.

Sorry for the rambling girls! I have to get ready for my NEW JOB now. Yay!! I"mi totally excited. And now I have someting to do!

Okay.. I had to do some venting. It's hard on the weekends when no one really posts! So, monday is totally "catch up day"!

Be back tonight! I dont' really think i can get on a work. Especially the first day. Teehee.

Lucy
Old 07-22-2002, 11:53 AM   #13  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I'm back again...

Lucy, at least you had a great time this weekend, and you know how to recover from it. In the immortal words of Jess, one slip-up day isn't going to ruin your success this week!

Jess, whatever cookout you were at, I wish I would have been there. The drinks sound nummy! Did you turn into the dancing monkey after all that?

Kier, my hubby uses the cell phone for an alarm when he does travel for work (since a hotel failed to give him a wake-up call once), only he doesn't fully trust it and he makes me get up and call him five minutes later to make sure it worked. But he's used it for a few years now, on and off, and it's never failed him. As long as you remember to charge (something I can never remember!)...

Miss Lori, you were a total gym rat this weekend! I am impressed. My mom also gets bummed when she is on call on a weekend because she is a margarita-holic and hates to see a wasted Saturday night. But the general population certainly appreciates your sacrifice!

Laura, my fellow weekend couch slug and loser! I'm proud of you, that's weight you will *never* see again!!! You are almost at goal...how does it feel? I'm looking at your for inspiration!

Lisa, don't give up hope yet. Sometimes chemistry doesn't come until later. And here's the thing...if you enjoy hanging out with him, just go with it. Nothing romantic needs to happen until you discover when and if you are ready for it. And if he presses you on that, then he's just made your decision that much easier. But give it a chance...my mom wasn't into my dad until they dated for a few months, and they're about to have their 30th anniversary. Can you tell she always told me that when I didn't feel chemistry? Then again, she was desperate for grandchildren!

Jen, I'm glad you had enough fun...that was an earned hang-over. Nothing's worse than the hang-over you didn't even earn because it wasn't any fun.
Do some thinking on the boy. With all of your assets, you will have no trouble whatsoever finding a new one...not that being alone is terrible either. But nothing is worse than being in a dead end where you KNOW you don't want to be. You'll know the right thing to do (and it sounds like you already do).

Ok, Aaron is yelling at me, I better go be a mom now!
Old 07-22-2002, 01:28 PM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lori - I know...it was funny... we were both in Fanuel Hall Friday night.... small world. As for PM-ing....right above my post, there's the profile bar and you just click on Private Message (or PM) or something. Yay you on the classes. Did you like te power lifting? There's one at my gym... and it looks fun.

Kier - his dimples are adorable. I just don't want to kiss him unless I know I don't just want to be friends. Mainly because we have mutual friends... and I think it would be easier hanging out in the same group if nothing happened.

Jess - alright....it was a few things. For one... I love music. I have very eclectic taste too... like mainly, I love rock music; but I like pop and r&b when I'm in a hyper mood or want to dance. I listen to classical or jazz if the mood so presents itself, and being from the south... parts of me like country. But he listens to folk???? which is weird to me. Plus, physically... he is cute. Attractive - like I said.... dimples and a great smile. But I hate to admit what I'm about to admit.... when I met him he was wearing a baseball hat.... and so I was a little shocked when he picked me up, because his hairline is receeding. But at the same time... I don't think that's it.... because I've been attracted to plenty of guys with receeding hairlines... but that just highlighted the age difference. He also talked a bit about his morgage and his friends who are all married and are having kids. I'm just not exactly sure what it was... I haven't really been able to single any one thing out. Your weekend sounded fun though... and the frozen drinks sounds delicious! I wouldn't worry too much about them at all.

Lucy - sounds like you did great considering you were on a trip... 2 slices of pizza... I never can only have 2 slices of dominos!

Jayne - I know... he's too nice of a guy too not give this a second try... thanks for the advice. Lunch on Friday and we'll see how things go.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday!

Lisa
Old 07-22-2002, 03:00 PM   #15  
Water Freak

Man, I am so bummed I missed Lisa's predate excitment on Friday I came home after class and fell asleep and didn't wake up until Saturday morning. Guess I really needed it. And sleeping through dinner made the day pretty low point (although I TOTALLY made up for it Saturday...urhg). Anyway, I did the running challenge yesterday (yay!), and I had a really good weight session, so things are going well.

Don't have time to respond to everyone right now, so I'm sure 'll be back later!

Cat
Closed Thread