Old 09-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Why can't I do it?

I attended WW meetings for 3 - 4 months in the spring, I stopped going in the summer because we camped alot and there were not meetings close to the campground...once September rolled around and the kids were back in school I decided to start following WW at home...I had attended meetings long enough to know what to do and what not to do...the only problem is that I can't seem to stay on program longer than a few days!! How do you stay on program without attending meetings? Maybe I should start attending meetings again?? Help Please!!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #2  

Speaking for myself, I was at a point where failure just wasn't an option anymore. I didn't want to lose a few pounds only to go off program and gain back even more. I finally accepted WW as my new way of life and have really been able to fit the foods I love into my plan so I never feel like I'm "off" or "on". I just think it all comes down to making a commitment to yourself. I don't attend meetings but I"m religious about journaling online and doing all the things I know I should do (healthy guidelines). For some, meetings are more effective. Try going back and see if you notice a difference in how you feel about the program..

Barb
OhCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I'll tell you what these lovely, helpful, insightful chicks told me:

You just DECIDE to do it. You make the commitment. You stop making excuses and you DO IT. If you think you can't, you are right, but if you think you CAN you are right too! So if you are doing WW at home and you have the materials, determine what it is you need to do and then go for it.

The program is only going to work if YOU work the program. What are the things holding you back? Figure out what those things are and then tackle them one by one. If you don't do well when you just have to make up what you eat as you go, then make a PLAN and plan for the whole day/week. If you don't do well with junk in the house, get rid of it. If you don't do well making estimates of servings sizes, get a food scale and weigh and measure everything. If you have trouble getting your fruit or veggies in, decide what you like, or ask others what they eat and how they eat them and get tips from others.

Support, help, tips - those things are all here at your fingertips, but only YOU can make that choice, to CHOOSE for yourself, your mental and physical health, we can't do that for you.

You CAN do it, start by taking "Can't" out of the equation
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

well said velveteen! The choice is always your own. I have failed so many times I can't count but I have to say I made a choice to keep going with my ups and downs and that is what you need to find a way to do too. This forum is great way to support you and your choices -- and that includes slip ups, days when you are in a funk and days when you have crossed a milestone- big or small

just don't give up!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks ladies...I am heading back to meetings today, I know I can do it, I just need the accountability!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote