Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #1  

Default Jillian Michaels or WW?

I have tried every diet under the sun. WW, Nutrisystem, jenny Craig, Medifast. I KNOW what is healthy and I know to exercise, it's just committing to one plan is where I have a problem.

Has anyone tried both JM & WW & prefer one or the other? I want an online plan. Pros or cons for either?

Thanks!
ryzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #2  
Out is Through

I tried WW twice, lost about 20 pounds and went flying off course =/ Right now I'm following my own plan, I'm staying away from white foods (white bread, pasta, potatoes etc) and eating a lot of lean meat, fiber, whole grains, veggies and fruits. I've lost 10.6 pounds so far and there's still a week left to go for the monthly total You need to come up with something that works for you, that's what I did and I've resisted so many foods that I thought I couldn't live without. Once your mind is in the right place and you figure out your plan there's going to be no stopping you!!
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I lost the majority of my weight on WW & then decided to try CC when I downloaded an iphone app...it made it super easy to track. Before this time I tried WW 3 times, South beach, CC, etc. So I knew what I had to do....this time I just stuck with it through good times and bad.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

WW no doubt. I am actually a little disgusted with Jillian Michaels since she came out with her own line of diet pills or put her face on the box, whatever. She used to have a "no holds barred" attitude towards pills, and now it seems she has had a change of heart.

I have lost every pound on WW. I love it and love the freedom of it all.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

What is cc?
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 6

weight watchers has worked for me, but I have never tried JM
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofsteel View Post
What is cc?
calorie counting
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I guess whichever plan you feel you can do day in day out forever right? I mean, you can't go ON something as that implies you go OFF at some point, and we all know what happens then ***checks own enormous a$$ for confirmation***

Is it possible to try living a week or two on each and see which fits into your lifestyle the best??

Last edited by Trazey34; 09-27-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I love WW. I use JM books and recipes while on WW. I also don't do the online version of WW. I attend meetings and require the accountability of the meetings in order to lose.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I count calories and follow generally the guidelines of DASH without the nuts. Can you develop a list of the foods you like and are reasonably nutritious and shape that into a plan? After all, in the end, if you want to maintain, you will have to basically follow it the rest of your life, tweeking it here and there. If you are unsure what a healthy diet includes you can google The world's healthiest foods. I plan my menus ahead of time and shop for just those foods. I'm retired so I don't have to worry about kids or husband. I use Lotus 123 to list each food and their calories and then the total and develop my shopping list off that If I substitute the next day I know exactly how many calories I have available. You could use any program that does basic math calculations.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 09-28-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am a calorie counter, too. I haven't done WW in 25 years. I have many friends that have had much success with WW. One friend has done it online with success.

I used to think JM had merit. However, today I saw her commercial for her Weight Loss Pills that boost your metabolism, etc. She has lost all credibility with me.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I perfer ww for the simple fact that it is a plan that i can see myself following for life.
Good luck
ctokarek is offline   Reply With Quote