Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 11:48 AM   #1  

Default We've Lost over 186 lbs! Another 4 wk challenge!!!

Welcome

I hope to see some familiar names join soon
I started a thread called 4 wk challenge. The first went great,the second went great, and our third went great as well! Making mini goals for each month has been the best for others and myself as well. Our group has grown recently. Since our first challenge we've lost a total of 186.9 lbs. Even though my weekly weight loss has slowed down to 1-2 lbs a week, with some weeks maintaining. It has been steady and I feel really good about doing this the right way for the first time. I found 3fc website in Feb. 2002 when I decided to finally do something about it. So far in 5 and a half months I've lost 53 lbs. I have 11 more lbs to go to reach my personal goal. I will keep doing challenges just to maintain my goal weight. As many of you who have lost and gained it all back and then some, you know that maintaining your goal weight is the MOST DIFFICULT thing to do. Success to me isn't actually losing all this weight,success for me is keeping it off for good. That is my main priority right now(eating well and exercise) Those are the only two effective ways I know of permanently keeping the weight off. If anyone out there ever finds that " Magic Pill" please let me know lol!
For those who want to join ,just send me a PM (private message) and let me know how many pounds you'd like to lose in the next 4 weeks. I'm setting my goal for the next 4 weeks at 6 lbs. We weigh in every Saturday,then let me know if you lost,maintained or gained.

Gen..Goal 6 lbs..

Kina..Goal 6 lbs

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal..2 lbs..

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs

Boatingmommy..Goal..6 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal..8 lbs

Thinlizzie..Goal..4 lbs

rain272..Goal.10 lbs

Gen
194/141/130

"If you want your dreams come true,wake up"

Last edited by Gennel; 07-29-2002 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:42 PM   #2  

Angry My 4 week Goal

Hi Gennel

Thanks so much for doing these 4 week challanges they are sooo helpful. I'm going to set my goal for another 8 pounds. I think life is starting to slow down alittle so I hope to get back on track. I was thinking about the weight I have lost even tho I still want to lose 50 more pounds or so. I have lost 15 and that is the weight of the baby I watch. That really helps me see what I have lost. Well good luck to everyone this challange.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:57 AM   #3  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Talking Back in the saddle again...trying to lose the saddlebags!

Okay, I took some serious time off, and need to jump back into the fight. I would like to lose 6 pounds in the challenge. that would put me at 160 pounds. I am maintaining, but need to fulfill the promise that I made to myself.

We have also set the dates for our trip to Disney World next June. That is 11 months away and counting. I really want to look and feel great when we go. I envision myself fitting on the rides and not being uncomfortable about my size. We went to Silver Dollar City a few years back when I was a size 22. NOT FUN! I was so embarrassed that my fat was being squished to put the safety harnesses on. NOT GONNA HAPPEN NEXT TIME!

I know I can do it...just gotta get to it!

BoatingMommy

Last edited by boatingmommy; 07-22-2002 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #4  

Gen,

I want to add my thanks for posting the 4-week challenge. It's what finally got me started this time around. I'm very happy with my progress.

Please put me in for 2 pounds for the next challenge. It's not a big goal but I will be encountering vacation during this challenge and after I get started I don't tend to lose weight very quickly anyway.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #5  
determined chick!

Angry Hi everyone

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing fine. Gennel I want to set another 10 pound goal. I meant to pm you the other day, but didn't remember if I had or not. Hoping for a good loss this week. I've increased my speed and levels on the treadmill and lifecycle. Unless I tie the trainer down I don't know when I'll get the rest of my sessions. I think the cardio is good for me now anyway, because I'm finally showing a loss in my breasts again. Thought they'd never start shrinking again! Well I wish everyone luck this week. Take care. Di
Old 07-22-2002, 07:33 PM   #6  

Default Welcome back!

Hey boatingmommy! welcome back! The 6 lbs sounds like a great goal Grizzly ,good going at the Gym! I dont doubt you will reach your 10 lb goal if you keep doing what you're doing girl!
Yoyomom, I put you in the challenge for 2 lbs. Any loss is a good loss!

Gen
194/141/130

"If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 07-23-2002, 01:11 AM   #7  

Well, I lost a big at 0 pounds last month. I'm doing great with the exercise but I have to admit I'm not really dieting. My husband will be away for 2 weeks during this challenge. I'm much better at dieting when he is away. However, I'm taking a trip with the kids to visit my mother, so we'll just have to take it one day at a time. My goal will be 7.5 again. Oh, make it 8.
Glad to hear everyone else is doing so well!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:46 AM   #8  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Angry

HOOOOWWWDDDYY!!! Boy am I supercharged this morning. Yesterday was soooo good for me. I did 1/2 hour of aerobics tape, and then in the evening I did the 1/2 hour of weight workout on the tape. One hour!!!! Boy did that give my body a wake up call. Teensie bit sore today, but ready to do it again! I think instead, since the heat broke, I will try and get at least a 45 minute walk in at lunch time. Working at home today on the computer, so I can steal a little extra time for myself with no commute.

It is absolutely gorgeous here, 30 minutes from St. Louis. 74 degrees right now and not a cloud in the sky! Hope everyone has a good one!

Boating
Old 07-23-2002, 05:27 PM   #9  

Default WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

Hi everyone.

I went on a "spur-of-the-moment" camping trip last weekend and so I haven't been on-line since Thursday I think. I'm so glad we've got another challenge going. Even though I had some tough times the last few weeks (still maintaining after a 2 pound gain) I'm ready to work hard again. I'm going to set an 8 pound goal again. This time I'm actually going to lose 8 pounds! That's what a goal is for isn't it. Still, I'm down 10 pounds from where I started in the first 4-week challenge I joined. As long as I don't look at the big picture (SCARY!), I think that's a good chunk.

Jen
238/228/140
Old 07-23-2002, 09:13 PM   #10  

Talking Joining in again!

hey there all you losers! This has been such a good time so far, that i cannot miss out on another challenge. I will set a goal of 4# for this one....better to aim high! I have 7 more to go to my goal weight and i know it will be a struggle...but with all the posts it sure keeps the motivation going.

you all sound like you are making the right kind of plan to achieve your goals. Good for all of you. I'll be in touch later!
take care,
thinlizzie
Old 07-23-2002, 10:18 PM   #11  

Default Hey!

Appleblossom: I put you down for 8 lbs on this challenge! YGG!!

Jen519: I think 10 lbs gone since our last challenge is simply
awesome girl!!!

Boatingmommy: Keep up that exercise as often as you can and
you will see that scale budge soon!

As for me we've been running around not eating the best of things since friday. We're looking into buying a lot for a house and talking to so many different builders that it's driving me nuts already cause everything is moving too fast!!!
I've had Wendy's grilled chicken breast sandwhiches for two days in a row,plus I take a few fries from my hubby.Not a lot but still Ishouldnt be eating 10-12 fries lol . No mayo of course. I missed the Gym today which killed me! lol Since we drove a 4 hr roundtrip and Iwas dead tired. I got a little scared that I thought I would have a gain for sure but actually I think I had a slight loss in the few
Old 07-23-2002, 10:25 PM   #12  

Default The rest of my message is gone! lol

I couldnt finish the rest of my last post for some reason??
Anyway I meant to say that Iguess some of stress got to me this weekend until today. I guess somewhere along the line I was actually more active than I thought I was lol

good night,
Gen

" IF you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 07-24-2002, 06:48 PM   #13  

Default Trying NOT TO JOURNAL

Well I have come to a point in my weightloss that my (Diet Journal) is like an umbilical cord that needs to be cut already. I have been a faithful to my diet journal Since Feb 2002. I mean I would write down if I ate half of an apple, how many lowfat chips I had , everything in detail(calories ,fat,how much exercise, how much water for the day) It surely has helped me be accountable for everything that goes in my mouth! lol BUT.....I have to start learning to estimate and serve myself portions without being so critical of the weight of the food and size lol. I would weigh my pasta ,meat andsauce. Then I would cook it seperate like that I knew exactly how many calories in that dish. I will try the "no journaling until next saturday and see how it goes. I'm still pushing the lots of water and exercise at least 5-6 days a week.
Wish me luck!

Gen
194/141/130
"If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 07-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #14  

Smile Thumbs up to me

Hi All

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I can't wait for the weekend. I'm really looking for school to start but like weight lose we have to take little steps, so I my goal is to make it to the weekend.....LOL.

Well I had a great exercise day..I went to the track and walked 2 miles. I even jogged a little. We would jog on the back stretch of the track and are hopping to increase this a little more each time. Food intake was not very good today but I got 2 miles in so I h\am happy with that.

Gennel good luck cutting the "cord" you have come so far and done so well I just know you will be able to this.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:45 AM   #15  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to everyone. I haven't been posting I have been busy. The kids went back to school Tuesday. They are year round so they only get 6 weeks off for summer. So I have been busy with them at school, then the homework after school, and then all the stories of how their day went. Then soccer practice afterwards. So I guess you could say I am a little busy.

On the other hand I am doing really good sticking to my weight loss. I think I am down some. I hope that come Saturday when we weigh in I will be able to report great news.

talk more later it is late and i have to get up early to get these kids off to school. bye. kina
Closed Thread