South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Fantabulous Friday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I think we all slept in this morning. Coffee is brewing and we're ready to go for anyone who's chattier (and more awake) then me this morning.

What's up in your world today? Stop for a short chat.

Me, slept in, so DH is up and following my every footstep. OK, for sure, but I'm pretty happy with my early mornings which include MY personal agenda....much which is spent enjoying my coffee (and hanging out here). I got a small chest freezer yesterday at Costco and I'm gung ho to get it all SB organized. We're out of here at 8 to take Rudi for a walk then on to the pool. I guess this is going to be one of those days where I make my plan for everything else. Most important on my list today??? Eating OP. The rest will follow.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-25-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Debbie! I saw you were here and was hoping you were going to start the tread. Good Morning!

Today is another busy one. Our legislators are supposed to be in our office at 10, along with the big-wigs of the Children's Trust Fund, who provide one of our grants. They should all be gone by 11. Then, PARTY AT THE CHILDREN'S CENTER!!!

We have a stomach bug going around the Center. It was my turn yesterday afternoon. Yuck! But, all is well this morning.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Chelby

It looks like it might be pretty quiet here today. With all the activities at work you'll breeze through and will be enjoying your weekend before you know it.

Have a great day!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

Good morning ladies

I am up early this morning....have lots to do today since my DH is working. I also need need to be at the office early so I made sure last night that I had my lunch packed.....dont want to have to leave the office in search of a meal that is legal. So I am having left overs for lunch today.....I made the italian spegehtti pie last night and it was yummy!!

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend.....schools here have a teacher workday on Monday......my girls are thrilled.

Lexxiss - it sounds like you have a busy day planned. Awesome that you purchased a big freezer, we have one and LOVE it.....makes it so much easier to stock up!!

Chelby - I am glad that you are feeling better this morning....stomach bugs are not fun!!!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Debbie- I need to get a freezer but just never seem motivated enough to spend the money on it. Have fun on your walk and at the pool.

Chelby- glad to hear you are feeling better this morning. Have fun this afternoon.

KDHW- I pack my lunches the night before as well then in the morning all I have to do is grab from the fridge. Have a great 3 day weekend.

Today- wfh so I decided to pop in here early as I will be too busy later. I am going to take a late lunch and go and walk with DD2 and her school for Juvenile Diabetes walk today. Tonight is Homecoming Football game and tomorrow is whirlwind of activities as it is Homecoming- DD2 has a soccer game in the morning, then have to do DD1 hair and nails and then it is picture time for DD1 and DS and then homecoming court and then they are off to the dance and me and dh and dd2 can relax One bit of good news is DS went and picked up his tux yesterday w/o me so do not have to do that today.

OK, Have a great day ladies and may we all stay op
Old 09-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

We bought a small freezer a couple years ago. I was excited about the extra storage, but DH had a different plan. He installed an ice maker in it. So, at any given moment, we have about 200 pounds of ice. Need some? He works outside most of the time. It is actually really handy for him to fill his ice chest before he leaves the house. Alabama summers are hard on his body.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from the beautiful mountains of NC! Cottage is looking over my shoulder and noticing my spelling mistakes! She's being nice about it though.

We are having a great time and being reasonably good....for us! No idea what we will do today but Beachgal has already set a good example by going out for a walk up the mountains.

Have a fabulous Friday.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Good Morning to everyone! I read your posts every morning and figured I'd join in

It seems that everyone is bright and chipper this morning, and how could you not be happy on a Friday?! I wish that we had a bit more freezer space - maybe we'll have to look into getting a new chest freezer Sometimes though, and I know it's all mental, I have problems eating food after it's been frozen. What do ya'll find is the best way to defrost things so they taste good?

Chelby - glad you're feeling better!
Lexxiss - good luck staying OP today!
KDHW - enjoy the long weekend, I'm jealous!
Pearlrose - homecoming... oh the memories!
Ruthxxx - enjoy the mountains, I bet it's beautiful!

I have a business lunch today, and my boss is letting me pick the location! I've been racking my brain since last night trying to think of a place with delicious OP food! I normally enjoy outback with a salad a small steak, but my boss went there yesterday - not fair!

I hope that you all have a wonderful Friday and wonderful weekend! My #1 goal is to stay OP and my #2 goal is to root for my favorite football teams!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's promising to be a gorgeous day here, but we're all still lingering over our breakfast and coffee at the kitchen table. We ARE on vacation, and I have to keep reminding myself of that fact, lol.

We have vowed to eat healthy and plan to get a lot of walking in later today, as Beachgal is setting a good example and making Ruth and I feel guilty.

Have a super Friday!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

hmm lots of loungin and coffee goin on this morning! lol I'm still in my robe and sippin my coffee too! It is extremely dreary outside. No rain yet, but it looks like it could have or will at any moment. I love the rain but it's difficult to get out of bed during such great snuggle weather!

I was outside this morning, feeding my nicotine monkey... and there was a little breeze. The leaves were falling slowly from the trees and it was so picturesque. I absolutely love this time of year. It's beautiful and a respite from the hot summer months. I find that it is very soothing to my mind. Everything slows down and feels more calm... life drifts by as opposed to running headlong into a finish line like summer seems to do.

Well, enough of my Autumn ramblings... have a great day everyone!

Last edited by gothik butterfly; 09-25-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #11  
sophie

hey, I'm here. The next few days are suppose to be rainy so we decided to spent the time at home.

Ruth, Cottage and Beachgal - enjoy your weekend. How I wish I could smell that mountain air.

Debbie - I know that feeling. I love being alone in the morning. Enjoy your day. I started to knit and peruvian style hat for my grandson.

Chelby - glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your weekend with the family and the dogie.

Pearlrose - relax, relax....you are one busy lady.

Tryintolose - I am sure you can find South Beach food almost at any restaurant.

Butterfly - I'm with you on loving Autum.

me - the scale was good to me this morning. I always weigh in on Friday mornings. 1.6lbs lost. I hate my new scale I always have to figure out what that point stands for and it isn't 6oz. I guess I'll just ignore it and will be happy when its an even number. Drying some apples and I have to get down to making apple pies. I will make four this fall. One to eat (for family) now and three to freeze. Luckily I can pass on the pie and I know they are good because I won a ribbon at a fair once. I have been reading some of the success stories on 3FC (other that SB) and what an inspiration they are.
stay on plan
take care
Sophie
Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cottage & Ruth best you catch up with Beachgal! Have fun!

Sophie, is the peruvian hat pattern easy? I have lots of yarn. Great news for you on the scale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik butterfly View Post
I absolutely love this time of year. It's beautiful and a respite from the hot summer months. I find that it is very soothing to my mind. Everything slows down and feels more calm... life drifts by as opposed to running headlong into a finish line like summer seems to do.
Gothik, I think this is a great fall meditation. There is a thread in General chatter about fall.

Tryin, don't have the answer about thawing things. I am going to make SB Mac and Cheese, and the Spag Squash Deep Dish and freeze them ahead and try. I'm curious as to where you finally had lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
OK, Have a great day ladies and may we all stay op
Thanks, Pearlrose, and BTW I think your day counts as "exercise".

KDHW, I'm making the Spag. Pie today!! Everyone says it's soo good. Have a great weekend.

I'm going to chalk up some "exercise", too, and get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor. I can count that, right??? Then I'm going to try my hand at make ahead meals.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-25-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

My lunch went well! I had steamed veggies, a salad, and a very small, lean steak. We went to Longhorn! Now my belly is full and I wish I could nap! 5:00 can't get here quick enough - I'm ready to go home!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

new big big boss here at work today we've been Reorged bbl!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hey Chicks Had a fun and exhausting day at Plum Island. I think we walked the entire day except for about an hour. The weather was nice and the birds were great. We will do it all again tomorrow.

Debbie - sounds like a busy day! We have a small chest freezer. I love the storage space but which I could figure out how to organize it better.

Chelby - Hope all went well with the busy morning. Any big weekend plans?

KDHW - Now I'm thinking about that pie - going to have to get that on my list for the week

Pearl - lots of Mom activity Sounds like fun

Ruth, Cottage & Beachgal - Sounds lovely there Hope you are all having a great time!

Tryin- Wow, great job at lunch! Enjoy the football games

Gothik - I love your description. Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year too.

Sophie - Congratulations on the scale victory. Happy baking!

KO - What's the verdict on the new boss?

I actually ended up staying on plan today. I made a yummy Asian Broccoli Salad with veggie beef strips for lunch. Dinner was out and did have full fat cheese but a very small amount. I resisted the fried clams and the quiche and had black beans and brown rice with lots of homemade salsa, hot sauce, and added roasted veggies. Yum. I love finding restaurants that serve really healthy food.

I think it will be early to bed for me tonight. I logged almost 8 miles on my pedometer and should sleep well.

Happy Friday

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-25-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Closed Thread