Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #1  

Default Veggie Shreds

While counting calories, I'm also trying to find ways to make my favorite dishes in a healthier way. I have a friend that is on Weight Watchers who told me about this type of cheese. It's soy ... but let me tell you ... SO GOOD!! It comes in different flavors. I made an open face patty melt, using turkey burger and whole grain bread ... with a slice of the pepperjack flavor veggie slice ... SO GOOD!! I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on something tasty if you are a cheese lover and trying to find a healther version of it without cutting down on the taste.

Last edited by Smilette31; 09-24-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Is it vegan? I'd be interested in trying it if so, but unfortunately a lot of soy cheeses contain whey(milk fat).
Soy cheeses tend to be lower calorie than cow's milk cheese in general. Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet, Teese Vegan Cheese, and Galaxy Nutritional Foods Cheese slices are also all delicious, dairy free, and low-calorie in comparison to their dairy counterparts.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #3  

Galaxy actually makes the veggie shreds/slices. No its NOT vegan because it says " dried skim milk protein " ... sorry

HOWEVER Galaxy also makes " vegan slices " and I think they have block cheese too ... they were in the same general area as where I found the veggie shreds.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #4  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilette31 View Post
While counting calories, I'm also trying to find ways to make my favorite dishes in a healthier way. I have a friend that is on Weight Watchers who told me about this type of cheese. It's soy ... but let me tell you ... SO GOOD!! It comes in different flavors. I made an open face patty melt, using turkey burger and whole grain bread ... with a slice of the pepperjack flavor veggie slice ... SO GOOD!! I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on something tasty if you are a cheese lover and trying to find a healther version of it without cutting down on the taste.
I will have to try this..thanks. Were are they located in your grocery store?
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss78 View Post
I will have to try this..thanks. Were are they located in your grocery store?
In my local grocery store they were located in the with all the soy foods. I've seen them in a few places, like Walmart as well but Walmart had them in with the regular cheese. So I'd check the cheese section and the soy food section.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #6  

Thanks, I'll be looking for these!
MotoXMama is offline   Reply With Quote