Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/159/130

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Default This is not working :(

Ok so,
I am 172 pounds, 5'5 1/2", 22 years old. I have been excercising for the past 3 weeks about 4x a week doing about a mile of running each time mixed with some weight training. I tried eating 1200 cals one week, no weight loss and now I am trying 1500-1600 cals a week and no weight loss still. I lost an inch in my waist but that was right after my period but still NO WEIGHT LOSS. I admit I do cheat but I stay in my calorie range. I eat very healthy foods 75% of the time what am I doing wrong?
Oh.. another little piece of info is gross but may be relevant. I only have a bowel movement about 1-2x a week and i've been that way my whole life and I have lost weight in the past so.... don't know if that relevant or not and sorry if it grosses people out
Jworion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Have you had everything checked to see if everything is working ok and why you don't go to the bathroom more often? Sounds silly and kinda gross, but it's a fact of life. It's not really healthy for your body to be holding on to digested food and being backed up, especially for an entire week- the food is kinda rotting at that point and it can be showing as weight on the scale. if you are eating animal flesh and animal products it is even more important you keep things moving, and if you are eating healthy foods with fiber I'd really check into why things aren't moving like they should.

give the 1500 calories a couple more weeks, changing up your workouts and see how you do then.

Last edited by ringmaster; 09-22-2009 at 03:44 AM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #3  

What is your normal bowel rountine is normal.The food is not rotting.I would really suggest just keep doing what you are doing....just make sure your daily calorie counts are very accurate...measure, weigh...Sometimes we estimate calorie intake and are eating more than we think.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 18.7lb/15.5lb/12.5lb

Height: 5ft7

I have had the same problem, from Jan until March i didnt lose anything, i was trying so hard. I just gave up and ha a break, because i think my body jus gave up and jus said 'stop, im fed up with losing weight'. I've started bk 2day and in 6 mnths i've only added 3lbs.
Ninkpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #5  

Hi - how much water are you drinking? I started drinking a lot more water last week, and I can tell the difference already. I don't weigh until Thursday but I am hoping to see change on the scale.

Extra water may help you in the bathroom area as well!
redhead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

When you exercise, your muscles hold more water while they are repairing themselves. So adding exercise can actually make the scale go up. You may be staying flat by losing real weight while retaining some fluid.

Also, how much weight were you expectig to lose? At 1500-1600 calories per week, I'm guessing that you might lose about 1/2 lb a week, *on average*, which is great! But it is hard to see that progress as it is easily masked for weeks by a little fluid or other variables. It sounds like you haven't given it enough time to really tell. I think you should stay at your current level and give it a few more weeks.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #7  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Yes...make sure your drinking your water! I can be up 1-5lbs in ONE DAY if i don't have all the water my body needs.

For instance...yesterday i had to much sodium(another thing to watch) and i didn't drink my usual amount of water and my scale was up 2 and a half lbs this morning.

And defintely measure everything(if your not already) some foods are so sneaky...like peanut butter

Just keep going..your doing AWESOME
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Just keep it up! The first month I started working out/counting calories I GAINED 5 pounds. After that I lost 1-2 pounds a week...don't quit!! And make sure you drink PLENTY of water...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Earlier this summer, I could not lose weight even thought I stuck to my plan (WW at the time) and exercised. I couldn't believe it; my efforts seemed wasted. I started a new plan (fresh prepared meals five days a week) and the weight started coming off. I can't explain why exactly, but I think it has to do with the fact that I am eating healthier all the way around. Before, I would eat things that were not necessarily healthy, but I thought they were okay, because I was within my points range. For me, it just didn't work; I could not drop the weight. Try cutting out the 25% of the foods that you are eating that are not healthy and replace them with more nutritious foods and see if it helps (or, in the alternative, eat healthy 90% to 95% of the time).

Good luck!

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #10  
Automatic Automation

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'0"

I recommend staying away from the scale for a while. I find that constant weighing can become addictive and be very discouraging when you feel like you had a great week and then the scale contradicts you.

Your bathroom habits should be fine if you have been that way your life and never suffered. You sound about the same as me in that regard and I feel fine.
Automaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #11  
Really gonna do it!!

S/C/G: 215/209/155

Height: 5'7"

I definitely agree with the posts about water. This is something that I always seem to forget...I'm so focused about NOT putting bad things into my body...that I forget to focus on all the GOOD stuff that my body needs, #1 being water, water, water!!!
DoubleDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I try to eat around 1300 - 1400 calories each day, and I will say that every time I get back on the wagon, the first week I drop about 5 or 6 lbs, then in week 2 I regain about 3 or 4 of those pounds, so overall I am down a couple of pounds, but I feel pretty bad at the end of week two. If I stick with it, I usually get to a steady, slow loss of 1 or 2 lbs a week by week 4, but in the past I have given up after 2 weeks.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote