Old 09-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default ~*~*~*~*~*~Weekly Chat September 20 - September 26 ~*~*~*~*~*

Happy Sunday!

I've spent most of today working on laundry and homework while the roommates and their friends scream at the tv. Yay.

I can't wait until Wednesday, when I'm on my way to the wonderful city of Seattle. My best friend is joining me on Friday, and we're staying the weekend, and we're going to have so much fun.

Eating wise I've been okay, down to 192.2 this morning, after drinking Friday night and not eating exactly healthy yesterday, so I'm going to not complain. I think the issue is I just didn't have *enough* calories to justify a gain, but my stomach is none-too-happy with me today. Thank goodness for the calming effects of green tea.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

thanks! Shes my little polydactyl runt fluff ball

whee laundry! im doing some too. never take your washing machine for granted >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

My aunt made some chicken quesadillas for the football tailgating that we have at our house every week when the Patriots play. They were so freaking good but right now I feel so full that I'm uncomfortable. My god, I haven't felt like this in a really long time!!! Gross
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Hi girlies, hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Mine was pretty good, had orientation at the new job Saturday morning, then went and spent the night at my man's house. We went out, only had ONE beer all weekend! Yay. And he stocked up on *diet* pop for me. What a sweetie ..... However, I did induldge in some delicious Jamaican cooking a couple times. Ahh well.

Hope it's a good week!

Last edited by luvja; 09-20-2009 at 07:37 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #5  

luvja- my family is from Jamaica so I know all about the delicious food! Glad you had a great weekend and I don't think I ever told you Congrats on your new job!

So I am hoping this week turns out much better than last because for some odd reason I gained two pounds.The thing is I didn't cheat one time all week! I'm thinking the problem might be that I was eating way below my normal calorie range or maybe because I lost 6 pounds the week before(water weight)? Either way I've never been so good on my diet and not have the scale reflect my hard work. I would have been ok with a maintain for the week, but a gain...really?!?!?
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #6  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Kindra I know how you feel :c I HOPE my gain today was from water retention!!! Can you stress yourself into water retention? I was really stressed yesterday and so I was in a bummed mood today. NSV, though, -0.5in on Waist and Hips! We'll see tomorrow... I'm chugging water until I go to bed!

While on a walk with my friend tonight we tried jogging for a little bit, and we both felt pretty good about it so I told her this week (I'm kind of like her trainer lol) we should try to jog a bit more and try a walk/jog interval workout around my neighborhood. Before losing this much, I never would have dreamed about running/jogging because I'm asthmatic and I HATE running and I wouldn't want my neighbors staring at me - but I really don't care anymore. I've walked 36 miles this month so far, so who says I can't learn to jog a few? Even if I can't jog a whole mile yet - that can be a goal to work towards.

Last edited by platformnine; 09-20-2009 at 10:03 PM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

platformnine - I started out unable to do even 1/2 a mile. Although, I'm not a marathon runner or anything yet, I'm doing my first 5K despite having much difficulty running even half a mile this summer! I didn't do the Couch-to-5K method, but I jogged with a friend, which helped until I started being more into it than her. Once you get into jogging, it definitely makes it the pivotal moment of your day whether it was good or bad... I'm attempting to burn off some of the calories consumed from this weekend, especially the rum/cokes... Next weekend, good decisions > drinking.

kswood- We almost have the same measurements. Just remember that effort doesn't always show... for instance, this weekend, due to my drinking and bad eating, I ended up basically cleaning out my stomach- and seeing a positive despite 0 effort. Weight works in weird ways. Keep it up!

Last edited by loquaciousjogger; 09-20-2009 at 10:57 PM.
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #8  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

well, Im finally back to posting on the board again. I hope everyone has a wonderful monday!

Im sick, so I didn't eat much today, about 900 cal. intake for me today. feel terrible.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #9  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi all - just joined the boards today!

Weekend was pretty good. Still getting over swine flu which is making it a pain to really get back to working out. It's been since before labor day weekend at this point Ugh.

Anyone else not want to go to work or school tomorrow?
mara11jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 AM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Mickey- get well soon make sure you try to eat something, even if it means just snacking more than usual

Platformnine- i think shes a tux? Her tummy is white, her legs and back and tail are black, plus she has the white chest and cheeks ^_^ Gorgeous little animal

Welcome mara! Poor you, with swine flu take it easy, make sure you recover before you go nuts!

Did anyone hear about the mod who died?

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 09-21-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #11  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Get well soon Mickey & Mara!

Icon - I'd say she's a tux, then And what a pretty one! My B&W we call the joker cat because her face is white but the black comes up over her forehead, down to her nose and one cheek and her chin looks like it's a lopsided smirk because it's not evenly black. I think I have a photobucket picture somewhere...

Oh you can't really see her chin in this one...
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #12  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Platform - uh, yeah you can stress yourself into water retention - its awesome. Travel makes you retain water as well. Your kitty is adorable

Mickey & Mara - get well soon!!!

I hate Mondays. I have no motivation, and its my super-long day. I'm also going to Seattle for work on Wednesday, so I've begun to stress myself out about that. The trip is nothing out of the ordinary, I just like to get nervous for no reason.

Also, my friend's gf is trying to push me into dating one of our mutual friends, and she's not understanding what I mean when I say "if you push me, I WILL run away." She just thinks that means she has to push harder. Grr.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #13  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Get well soon, guys! I'm trying really hard to stay to healthy, but there's a lot of people in my company sick right now and I'm under a lot of stress right now. I really can't afford to get sick!!

On the good side, I'm down another 1.1 pounds from last week, which is surprising since I haven't been focusing on my eating at all. I had to do 5 catered events at work last week and DH and I celebrated a possible new client for one of my businesses last night at a place called the Fat Sandwich Co. No joke - they put all sorts of fried appetizers (mozarella sticks, chicken strips, jalapeno poppers, etc) on cheesesteak sandwiches... Insane... I had the breakfast sandwich - it was enormous, delicious and I'm sure it exceeded every single recommended daily allowance I have. Maybe it just hasn't had time to absorb yet
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.2/193.2/135

Height: 5'5"

platform - have you tried the couch to 5k? It makes it pretty easy to get up to 3 miles.

What does NSV mean? Nevermind, found the answer on another thread.

So this weekend was alright for me. I managed to lose a couple tenths of a pound. I was really worried that I would gain this weekend. Friday night we had pizza with my fiance's family and chinese on Sunday. I made sure to watch the portion sizes and got in one extra work out.

Last edited by MrsToBe; 09-21-2009 at 11:31 AM.
MrsToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #15  
I will do this.

Weekends are the the the evilness when it comes to my plan.

This weekend was just stupid bad for me.

I have no food in the house because I have been poor. Today I get to get a few things but my money doesn't come through till thursday

And the weather is sh!tty and I have a HUGE test I didn't even touch over the weekend and now I get to prepare in one night. I did do that to myself, though...

LE SIGH.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote