Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Dusting myself off, and getting right back on the wagon!

That darn wagon flew right out from under me yesterday! I didn't exercise and ate things I KNEW I shouldn't! The whole time I was eating them I was like "I know I shouldn't be eating this!"

This was my first slip up since July. Hubby and my oldest are away camping for the weekend with the boyscouts, and I'm so ashamed to have to tell him that I ate the hotwings out of the freezer (about 800 calories worth ) when he gets home later today. I don't even know why I ate them, I wasn't hungry, it wasn't really emotional eating, and I had full control and really could have told myself no... but I didn't even try, I just thought "Those wings would taste good.. I haven't had them in MONTHS... I'm gonna eat them for fun and enjoy the quiet of all the kids sleeping".

The scale yelled at me this morning for eating such junk.. it yelled 3 pounds at me! I'm sure that is just water weight, I was only over my calories by about 500 for the day.. so it wasn't that horrible, but it still was wrong of me to do.

I must go feed the baby and then exercise my fat butt off! Back on track today... I can NOT afford another day like that!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

The one thing that stuck out to me in your post was that you haven't slipped since JULY! That is super impressive...

Way to get back on the wagon!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you not letting this keep you down!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #4  

Thanks Paris and Michelle

Just as I got done with the 2mi WATP, hubby called so I told him about my bad day. He said at least I didn't try to hide it and said it's ok because we all make mistakes (he took his own food to camp but ate a pork BBQ sandwhich). He's the bestest!

Last edited by findingfawn; 09-20-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Because you are dusting yourself off and going again--well, in short--this is why you will succeed. Good for you.

Oh, and another thing. 3 pounds is over 10,000 calories of food. My guess is it's sodium causing water retention. Up your water today and up your fiber. My guess is you will see some improvement by tomorrow morning. Don't forget to drink your H20!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

waggons roll!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Yay for you!!! Onward-Ho!

There is so much more to be said about getting back on the wagon than falling off. Good Job!

And yeah, I agree the sodium content is probably causing some water wt. It will come right off in the next day--two at the most.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #8  

Awwww.. water.. it was my only good thing yesterday lol

I bought the Womens World mag because it had Tara from TBL on the cover saying she would share 7 tricks. The one that stuck out was that she adds fiber stuff to her water.... so I did do that yesterday. I drink about a gallon of water every day.. some days more and never ever less than 1/2 a gallon. I have a 32oz cup and I must drink that twice before I can have anything else to drink, and then I only drink any other drink at meals. I am not a huge fan of water, but I have gotten used to drinking it.

Thanks for the support ladies! I knew if I posted my flub up on here it would be easier for me to get back on track.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #9  

Great Job on getting right back on the wagon!
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote