Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Weds. 9/16

Morning everyone!

Just starting us off today.

I have some great news I will post in a bit when I have more time.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Squeak - good to hear something is going good for ya! Sure been thinking about your baby girl and those headaches - how frightening!!

Well, just another day here. Did my measurements for the month yesterday and the ends of those strings just barely touched. Oh well - had a bad month. Time to start over.

I'm stoked for Wednesday! It's my mini-break day!! I take the big kids to church for AWANA then come home, bathe the little ones and put them to bed. DH picks up the kid around 8:30 and I end up with almost an hour all alone!!!!!!!! Pathetic - but at least I can look on the positive!

We had breakfast burritos for breakfast, turkey sandwiches again for lunch, and a big hunk of roast in the crock-pot for supper. Maybe I'll make Lima Bean Medley and some instant mashed potatoes to go with. Depends on my level of ambition today...

Neither of the babies have slept much this morning, so I'm holding out hope that they take a nap when the toddlers do! Yesterday the older children got about an hour and a half solid of my devoted attention with their school work. I'm so blessed to have exceptional students that can just do their assignments with little supervision. I hope the younger two are as independent!

Happy HumpDay all!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Had Chinese food last night and gained a pound of water -- I'll be happy to see it gone tomorrow morning!

I'm trying to decide if I want to do something other that the 30DS for a while. I'm afraid that I'll be stuck in a rut, but on the other hand it's been working really well for me so I'm a little afraid to make a change. I found Kathy Smith's Project: You series at the Goodwill yesterday so I bought them for $1.99 per DVD. I couldn't resist. I also have some Biggest Loser DVDs that I got on Amazon when I got the Shred but haven't done yet.

My chinos fit so well this morning! I think there's three steps to "fitting" into clothes. Step one: You can get them on and they aren't uncomfortable exactly, but they still don't look quite right. Step two: You get them on and they are pleasantly snug and after 20 minutes or so, they fit perfectly! Step three: They slide right on out of the wash and half way through the day you find yourself pulling them up every 15 minutes because they are maybe a hair too loose. I'm getting to stage three with a lot of my pants. Not QUITE small enough for my 12 jeans, but the 14s are a little too saggy. Not quite ready for the next size down in my chinos, but the ones I'm wearing today are just a little too big.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #4  

Ok ladies.. here's my news. Yesterday I took DD to Children's Hosp. ER (No that's not the good news..) They gave her pain meds, fluids and took another CT scan. CT scan showed up as the same as before no changes. According to the Dr. we shouldn't be worried because some kids are born that way. As long as there are no changes and there isn't any other symptoms there shouldn't be too much to worry about. (That's the good news!) I wished I had taken her there sooner. Once the Dr. started talking to us I felt the weight of worry lift right off my shoulders. They still want her to see a neurologist and to get an MRI . The ER doc thought her headache was more of a migraine type than anything else and she responded well to treatment.

Today I am OP. I've tracked everything I ate and plan to keep it that way after work. I did have a piece of cake from the cafeteria that my friend brought up to me BUT it was a huge piece with lots of icing and I switched with a lady at the lunch table who had a much smaller piece and much less icing. Maybe not the best food choice but I am tracking it and plan to get in some time on the exercise bike this afternoon.

As you can tell I am having a much better day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

That's great, squeak!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Rebound - Niiiice! What a great feeling!

Beth - what great news, I'm so glad she is on the mend.

To tired to make anything to go with that roast. Looks like pizza just like usual Wednesday. Gonna try to get to bed early tonight and try again tomorrow.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,
I am so proud of myself, I'm done eating for the day and I'm at 1535 calories. Today is a day off from exercise though the week doesn't look good, I had a binge on Sunday and Monday. But I did walk 4miles/little over an hour Monday and 2 miles/30min on Tuesday. And it's serious PMS bloating! I'll get more water in though.

I feel like I'm back on track after watching last nights new season of The Biggest Loser! That show never fails to motivate me and kick my arse back into gear!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote