Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default Fruits and Veggies

Hey everyone I started WW last week with my g/f and we're a little confused about the fruits and veges servings. On the 3 month journal it has a few slots for veges and a few for fruit.

We spoke to someone who said it doesn't matter if you eat fruits or veges, as long as you have 5 servings per day. Is that the case? Can I choose to eat 5 servings of fruit, OR 5 servings of vegetables if I choose to do so? Or do I need to balance it out, like 2 or 3 of each?

Thank you
bsc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Height: 5'7"

I believe my leader told us it didn't matter. You can get all 5 from fruit or all 5 from Veggies. I usually blend it by eating 2 servings of fruit and 3 veggies.

Good luck!
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #3  

I've never done WW so can't tell you what is usually done, but in general you would want to mix it up to a certain extent throughout the week if not daily, just because you get a greater variety of nutrients that way. I personally eat more fruit than veggies, but still try to eat a good amount of veggies. I also think that veggies are easier to work into meals because they aren't sweet, and while I love my sweets I don't want them all the time. Veggies are filling during the meal, and fruit can make a nice dessert, and you can get them both in easily that way. Also, keep in mind that on average there is simply more sugar in fruit than veggies, but I guess that is accounted for by the point system (I am unfamiliar with how points are calculated).
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #4  

Thanks guys, I do switch it up and usually spread it out among fruits and veges but wanted to know in case it doesn't happen one day. Thanks again.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I usually have veggies with lunch and dinner and a fruit as one of my snacks and sometimes with breakfast
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

as far as checking off your boxes, you can go any combination of fruit and veg. But i recommend getting a balance. I used to do all fruit. But since I've started eating veggies, I've grown to love them. Veggies require fewer, if any points and can be quite filling! I still love my fruit though too.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #7  

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.