Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 11:16 PM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default I'm going to brag too

And hopefully give you some inspiration.

I kicked my own butt this week. I wrote everything down, that was my only goal for the week, and in doing that I stayed 100% OP with everything else as well. I drank my water, I earned my exercise points for the week, I stayed within my points for eating as well.

Because I KNEW I had to be accountable to myself, I didn't slip up! I was tempted over and over, but I made healthy choices, and planned ahead when I knew I was going to have a struggle.

In meeting my ONE goal I set for myself, I stayed 100% OP, I felt SO good and SO proud of myself, and tonight, when I went to weigh in I discovered that I had lost 7 lbs!!! I made it to the 250s for the first time in a year!! I made it back to the 250s in time for my wedding anniversary on Sunday. (My last weigh in before February was in June of 2001, when I weighed 252 lbs.)

So peoples, if you are lacking, slacking, or struggling, just set one goal for yourself this week. YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can.. and who knows what wonderful things will follow from that ONE goal. You may find that you will reach every goal you "Could" have set, by just trying to reach that one!

Good luck to all of you.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:26 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

Default bethanne: that's awesome!!!

that's so fabulous.. i'm nearly speechless!!!! who would ever have thought that something so simple as writing everything down would pay off so spectacularly and quickly!!!!

at this rate, i'll NEVER catch up to you!! and that would be the best thing ever...

keep on going, darlin!!!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:43 PM   #3  

I'm so glad for you. You deserve some "feel good about yourself" time. You just sit back and soak it up. Let the feeling modivate you for the next week. Good job.

Bella23
Old 07-17-2002, 07:23 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

way to go girl. that is awesome!! It gives me hope that for 1 week I too can get back OP and get the ball rolling for the final weight loss.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:50 AM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Simply Amazing!

I cant tell how proud I am of you! I think I will do the same thing. Sometimes I do well for a long time and then if I have one slip, I will slip daily for a week it seems. I started slipping here and there a few days at myself and was getting down about it. I read this and decided I could do the same thing. Start making myself stay 100% OP for a week and see what amazing things happen. It probably wont be as dramatic as yours, but hey even a couple of pounds would be great! Thanks for the inspiration and enjoy the anniversary too!

lorelei
313/260/258 July goal
Old 07-17-2002, 10:13 AM   #6  

Talking

WOW! Way to go, Beth Anne!!! You did fabulous & definitely deserve to brag! And, you have inspired me. My WW meeting leader always says to set just one goal for yourself every week... I've struggled with it in the past, but today is the "first" day of the new week for me (I weigh in on Wednesdays) & I think I am going to steal a bit of your enthusiasm!

Excellent job!!!!

Also, enjoy your upcoming wedding anniversary! You absolute deserve to have a WONDERFUL time!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:46 AM   #7  

BethAnne:

That is excellent!! What an accomplishment. First, you made your goal (of journalling) and THEN you lost 7 pounds.

You are right. Things seem to go more smoothly when one has a plan for even just a day is written down. I even get more chores done when I write down all that I'd like to do. (Of course, I sometimes write down 3 days worth of work to do in one day. )

And this simple step gets pushed aside at times (just like my eating) in the name of taking an "easier" route. Hmmm

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get my butt in gear and start planning my days and meals again.

What a neat "happening" for you.

annie
Old 07-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #8  
Chocoholic

WOW : you guys really inspire me. Ive bn in such a slmp. Stuck at 219lbs. I m trying to monitor my meals. Count the Cal. and walk stairs. It really is hard. But you help me keep in thr. thnks.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:34 PM   #9  

Congrats, BA. I wish I'd follow in your footsteps.

Gayle
Old 07-17-2002, 10:14 PM   #10  

Smile

Way to go, Beth Anne!!!

Keep up the good work -- I hope to be joining you soon!!!

Crystal
Old 07-18-2002, 09:55 AM   #11  

WOOHOOOOOOO Beth Anne! That is really wonderful!!

Old 07-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

you have set a very good example Beth Anne! I am a strong believer in baby steps.. (What about Bob?)

I think for the rest of the week I am going to focus on fruits and veggies...
anyone want to do a five a day challenge?
I have 1 veggie in for the day so far

Dana
Closed Thread