South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Totally Thursday Thinkin' at the Beach

Good Morning ETA-Should have said talkin' on the beach, guess I'm doing too much thinkin'

Coffee and tea hot and ready. Come say hi before you head off on this beautiful first Thursday in September. Whats happening in your world today?

I've been up for hours. I had too much on my mind last night so I went to bed early. for me. Making the best of it. I've planned meals for the day, made a huge salad and am heading into the office to do paperwork-after Lexxiss and I head out for our morning first view of our world. Cyndi, yes, it's one cricket in the neighbors yard and it may be a bit too cool for him yet this morning.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks always for the support! I could (might maybe possibly hopefully) be able to do this on my own but its much easier and more fun with all of you great peeps!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-10-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and Lexxiss! My dogs have already been out and really set up a ruckus as there was a cat in the yard. The nerve! I guess the neighbours are awake now.

Construction resumes today and painting starts! Paul has to install the pocket doors and do some trim and then Dana starts putting on the paint. I'll have to be sure my furries don't sneak into the room to "help". Jazz thinks the new room is exciting and goes out there as often as he can. I think the glass door onto the new part of the deck is the attraction.

I really must work in a trip to the city - maybe late today after the lads leave. I'm going away for a few days around the 23rd and need a few things plus some essentials for the new bathroom. A toilet paper holder and a few towel racks would be nice! Maybe a late afternoon trip with dinner in town?

Happy Thursday to us all. Sure is a short week!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #3  
SBD Rocks!

S/C/G: 184/174/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! Sounds like you both have a full day ahead of you. I got my kids off to school and now I am heading to work. Then coming home and doing a little housework but only after I take me a small, short nap! I think I am looking forward to my nap more than anything! I really need to get to to bed earlier. Well I wish you all a wonderful thursday!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Feeling a bit low this morning so not too chatty. I'm on call to head to the folks house sometime in the next two weeks again. I guess it's for the best that we had to change our Maine plans. I'm sure the long, long wedding and fall To Do list will pull me out of myself today.

Debbie - Poor cricket, it's not easy keeping that all up on his own I'm with you, I can't imagine having as much fun doing this on my own. You all are definitely one of my "secrets of success".

Ruth - Bet that glass door is well decorated with nose prints.

Cottage - Have a pleasant, safe drive back today. Looks like you will have nice weather for driving again.

Robyn - an afternoon nap sounds wonderful. Enjoy

I'm going to grab more coffee and prioritize that list (I do love multi-color highlighters). Looks like a full day.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

You guys are up too early!

Debbie, Jeff and Auston went fishing. They bought crickets to fish with and didn't use them all. You cannot imagine how much noise those crickets made in the basement! It was crazy!

Ruth, Are you going somewhere fun on the 23rd? We have one more beach trip planned -- Columbus Day weekend in October. It's still warm enough here then.

Successful 2nd day on Phase 1. Today is day 3. The two in my office who said they are doing SBD with me, obviously didn't read the book. Oh well, at least they are staying away from Donut Girl, too!

Today we were supposed to be having our carpets cleaned at the office. We asked as many employees as possible to work from home or in the field. I should be at the office alone most of the day -- and the cleaners called last night to reschedule. I see some play time.

Robyn, Enjoy your nap! I agree, there is nothing better!

Cyndi, Maybe one more cuppa will help.

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-10-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

GOod morning chicks!

I had to share my tale from a couple of days ago. I was telling my neighbor, whom I greatly admire, about my Cabbage Patch Stew. She kicks some butt on the local running races, and she's only 2 years younger than I!! Consistently places b/w 1-3rd place. WOW! Well, her kids won't eat veggies (only carrots), so I mentioned the stew, since my kids actually ate it. Her response?

"Cabbage? Where do you...buy that?"

I look at her ... "huh?"

"I mean, do you get it at the grocery store? Just keep it in the fridge? Do you buy that to make stuff?"

My jaw about dropped. Cabbage...was absolutely foreign.

Now, mind you, I had to "unfriend" all my coworkers on FB b/c the "weird food"' comment offended them.

Point of the story: thank goodness for you people!! You don't think I eat weird at all!! It is great to have a place to exchange healthy (and mostly, not difficult) recipes. Truly, if I didn't have your support, I probably wouldn't be doing it anymore!

Well, my son's bus was early, which meant he was late. Guess I best get my butt in gear!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

I got all my Pooch Parade postcards addressed, so it's break time.

Ruth, Hi, hope you make it to the city. Dinner out sound nice!

Cottage, safe travels!

Robyn, I'm already planning my nap, too. Nice to see you here.

Cyndi, cheer up-I know you will. Believe me, I understand, the family stuff is hard, especially when there's something better to do. My cricket was there-very predictable.

Chelby, have a great day 3. You motivated me to get back to basics...My mom does SB but always has a big bowl of ice cream after dinner.

Twynn, what an interesting story. Gets one thinking! BTW I was wondering if you could "unfriend" someone on FB. I have one I'd love to press the button and "delete". None of you, of course. I have to say that I think Cabbage Stew sounds pretty darn normal, but then I don't eat what everyone else does at Country Buffet either.
Have a great day.

Deana, Rikki, Pearlrose and everyone yet to visit
Cat, missing you now that school has started.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-10-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Twynn - I did discover that you can really limit what individuals see on Facebook. Had to figure that out when a co-worker close to the evil boss friended me Hope your day calms down

Chelby - You are my inspiration. Next Monday I am so back to Phase 1! For now I'm just trying to hang on to general principles like "nothing from the bakery"!

Debbie - That's one of the things I love around here - we all eat weird food
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies!

Lex- I am sure you could do this on your own but why would you When you can be a part of this fabulous group of SBDers!?! (WOW- I think I just called us tooters, really bad ones at that! lol)

Ruth- Hope you have a lovely trip and dinner into town! and that the poochies don't make it to help with the painting! thats always a mess!

Robyn- enjoy your nap!

Cyndi- Oh how I love highlighters! LOL Hope your day gets better from here!

Chelby- Enjoy your play time! love it!

Twynn- CABBAGE? does she run these marathons from under a rock or just do her grocery shopping at local fast food chains? WOW. I am speechless!- well not completely( that rarely happens)... How does she stay so healthy if she doesn't eat well?! thats crazy!

As for me, two weeks in I am up a lb! BUT, I am now measuring and weighing everything so I will be able to see just what my problem is... I recently figured out what I thought was 2 tbs pb was actually closer to 3-3.5! that is a lot of extra calories too! so now everything hits that food scale! After 2 more weeks if I haven't lost I am definitely going to see a doctor... which I plan to do anyway for my knees since I am walking/running they seem to be getting worse- BUT, I know when I get this weight off they will get better, probably not completely but much less painful I am sure~! OK, off to finish getting ready for work

Hope you chickies have a great day! AH, its good to be back I love you girls!

Last edited by rdw1; 09-10-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Good morning!

Twynn, maybe if you mentioned sauerkraut? Cole slaw? ...she'd remember what cabbage was? Hm, maybe not.

I agree everyone seems like they're up really early. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Well, my mother-in-law who was sick ended up being hospitalized Tuesday night and she's still there. They don't exactly know what's up, but now they have her in some kind of isolation because they're testing her for some kind of rare, very contagious virus. Scary, except we've all been seeing her daily for three weeks and none of us have gotten this... She ate some solid food yesterday - this has moved from her throat to her ear to her stomach and she basically stopped eating and became very dehydrated. They took her off the IV yesterday. I hope they'll release her today!

All of this and I'm going to a conference in Seattle this weekend to give a paper and my own mom is meeting me up there.

So chaos around here. I think I can do SB in Seattle with ease, though. Very health conscious and lots of seafood options. Yum.

So are you all on FB? Is there a 3FC community there? I never looked.

Thanks for the info on Nessa bars, btw.

Gotta go - trying to get ds weaned from the bottle and he's not having it - but his preschool isn't thrilled with him requesting a bottle all day either so we have to work on this.

Deana
Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #11  

Twynn, My friend's 14 year old son called her from a slumber party (if guys have slumber parties). She had to go pick him up, take him to some fast food joint, and return him to the party because they were serving grilled pork chops and he didn't know how to eat pork chops. The kid is rotten, of course, but I think that's his mom's fault for not teaching her kids to eat regular food.

RDW1, Suggestion -- Make sure you have really good shoes for walking and running. They can make all the difference!

Cyndi, I laughed out loud. "Nothing from the bakery" is a great mantra!

Daisy, How old is your son? Auston took himself off the bottle at about 13 months. Guess he thought that 'me mooks' (milk) tasted better than formula.

Only Donut Girl and I are in the office. She didn't bring donuts. Hooray!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #12  

RDW1 -- I have an appointment for 'spicy' Monday! I'll post pictures! Can't wait!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Chelby,

My son Luke is getting close to 15 months. He generally prefers formula to milk, so much that we've been giving him toddler formula. Right now we're trying to limit bottles to last thing at night and first thing in the morning, with "big boy milk cups" during the day. Not sure how this is going to work. He's not a pacifier or thumb user, although he may become one if he finds that sucking is his biggest source of comfort. I've heard that they're both preferable to bottles at this age though.

So far M-I-L is coming up negative for the scary virus and she ate some solid food this morning. One more test - she may be released tomorrow.

Deana
Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all!

I'm new so I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm off for the next couple of days for funeral leave. My grandmother passed away yesterday so I'm dealing with that. I'm having a hard time eating but I'll get through this.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Cyndi, I laughed out loud. "Nothing from the bakery" is a great mantra!
There is also "wine is not a breakfast drink". Yes, sometimes it's all basics

Rikki - They had to get me the set with extra colors. I color code everything. My suggestion FWIW is don't run on those knees until the doctor has a chance to check them out. I had my first knee surgery 8 years ago and am a little too familiar with the fun of knees.

Deanna - Hope you get some good news and some answers about your MIL.
There is a 3FC group, not active but you can find a few of us that way

Nat - Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Okay, back to chores. Everything went off the rails this morning because the landlord invaded for awhile, then the power went out. This day can only go up hill, right?!
Closed Thread